-Namalsk

Well a short story on how the man I set out to kill became a good friend of mine.

I was near the land bridge that connects to old hospital and looked forward in meeting a friend f mind who was injured and waiting onto of the mountain about 400 meters away from old hospital. As I'm walking up the road I see a guy in a bandit skin walking casually down the hill to the old hospital, I quickly panic and shoot a good 5 to 8 rounds with my m16 into his direction. Many must have hit him as I heard the yells. I go to where I shot him and look around, I cannot see him in sight. I walk up to the mountain to meet my friend, still panicking for the quick engangment. I patch him up with a blood bag and we dicide to get out when side chat opens up.

A guy said he was down to 1000 blood near old hospital and that someone shot him, he was in dire need for blood. I respond saying my escapologist for shooting him but I couldn't trust him with a bandit skin. He says he would do anything for help with a blood pack, he said he would meet me at the road where I shot him and that he would show up unarmed. I didn't know I could trust him, but I decided to go for it. I told my friend to stay at the mountain and overwatch the deal, if anything goes south, blow the guy's head off.

So I waiit for him at the road and I see him walking up to me, unarmed. He saluted showing he was friendly. I aimed my m16 at him. He had an alice pack on him with countless amount of goodies. I was so close, I held the faith of this man, that I didn't know, in the palm of my hand, all it would take was one bullet. I decided to help him out, I gave him blood and we exchanged a few words on direct. A few words turned into quite a good chat, and it had my sniper friend wondering why it took so long. I developed a certain a mutual trust with this man, and told him too go get his weapons and meet me back here. And so he did with out betraying me, he traveled us 3 for countless of hours.

And thats how a man I was about to kill, turned out to be a good friend. If I would have killed him, I would have gotten the temporary loot and it would all be lost when I died, think twice before you but a bullet in someones head.

• Like 1

Here's my little story.. I was playing on a recruit server btw, hence the second paragraph.

There I was. I had arrived at the island where rumors of helicopters were told. I tossed out a few flares to light up the eerie darkness. Over the few days I had survived, I'd managed to scavenge some pretty decent items; including items that could be used to repair a helicopter. I knew that if I could repair one, I'd be able to get out of Chernarus, survive the end of days and maybe, hopefully, live to see a world without zombies. I'd found a helicopter, and had begun repairing it. It was very close to being finished, I could almost smell victory.

I was willing to give my life to chase this dream. I'd killed a few zombies with my M4A1 ACOG that I found off of a half-eaten corpse. So far, I hadn't come in contact with another survivor, and I wasn't hoping to. My hope evaporated into despair pretty quickly though; I could see a fast moving life form over the other side of the hill I was on. I stalked the thing for close to an hour, but the tall grass blocked my view so I couldn't get a good look without getting to a dangerous distance from this foe. I was scared for my life, after getting so far in this hell of a world, I knew I couldn't give up now.. not now. I inched closer and closer to this thing, getting more and more suspicious with each step. It seemed to be quickly pacing back and forth on the other side of the hill.

Out of the blue, I was jumped by three undead. I took them all out, but unfortunately had to use some ammo which gave away my position to the enemy. I noticed it was getting closer and closer when bandaging myself. This was it. The time had come to protect what was mine. I knew I had to be victorious.. one last fight, and I can finally be free. I sprinted forward, gun loaded, and started shooting. I could hardly tell what was going on, but I knew a few of my bullets had made contact. After I was sure it was dead, I finally decided to check out my enemy. I aimed down my scope, and looked at the corpse; the corpse of a chicken.

I heard a loud rumbling, and turned around to see a couple of people boarding the helicopter, and flying to freedom. Without me.

DE1839, woods north of Stary Sobor. A truck! Full of weapons and supplies! Why not try out some of the weapons on it and see if the 1.7.3 vehicle destruction really works. Four frag grenades and ten clips later the truck catches fire. Oh no! Didn’t get the gun I wanted out of it yet!! Oh well. There’s this four-wheeler nearby, too. Lets take it for a spin, run over some zombies, flip it by mistake and abandon on a small road to the north.

This story also at: http://dayzlog.com/logs/simon/14-ural-truck-destroyed/

Dayzlog: Write on your log and display your profile information in-game. Follow other survivors’ logs and ∧upvote good entries. The homepage shows the top 30.

Guest derpyshooves

Twas a bright forgiving day in elektro, I had just spawned and from the first looted house I had found a lee enfield and a few mags I decidede to go get medical supplies just incase I break a leg or start bleeding. When I get to my destination to my supprise there is no morphine in any of the boxes not carring very much I gon on my marry way. suddenly I hear a crack and a survivor frantically yelling "FRIENDLY, FRIENDLY!" over direct chat, quickly I duck into a building readying my enfield, by now the survivor had stopped yelling likely hideing now. I carefully crouch up to the top floor of the building being warry of every step I take when I reach the top I loot whatever soda and beans I can find (I also found a makrov with 2 mags) then when looting another pile of goodies I hear once again a loud crack then I look down "1e3t $niper was killed" I then slowly walk back out of the building (by now it's been about 20 minutes since the first shot) once I get to the entrance I scope the nearby buildings for the sniper not seeing anything I crouch and start crawling away from the city, avoiding any walkers for fear of getting killed. I continue scouting buildings as I continue along, then I hear once again a loud crack a bullet lands right next to me "HORRIBLE AIM!" I yell over direct chat. I start running to the east I crouch behind a building peeking behind the corners to try to get a good look at the guy then ontop of a smokestack I see movement I work my way towards it trying not to give away my possision. Once I get to a building adjacent to the stack I ready my firearm and take aim thinking this will be an easy kill, CRACK! miss right next to his head too.Immediatley he look s at me as I take another shot, again a miss he aims and fires, by now I have atlest 10 walkers closing in on me. I make a run for it finding a small building and going prone until the walkers leave, now I know his location. the second I step outside i see an unarmed survivor looting the previousley alive corpse of 1e3t $niper CRACK! "Andrew was killed. I made my way towards the smokestackMoving only the slightest every 20 seconds thinking about every moment, I was in the zone CRACK! "FRIENDLY!" yells a survivor a victim of the unknown snipers terrible aim. While the sniper aims his scope at the survivor I take aim hopeing every second that he dosen't look my way CRACK! I successfully land a hit not worring about the zeds I run as fast as I can to the sniper who has not died yet, hopeing hes unconcious I climb the ladder Thankfully he Is unconcious, so I take a look in his bag "morphine, SWEET!" I say to myself while looking in his bag. When he starts getting up I pull out my makrov and un-load a full mag into him "PWND has been killed" and before I could even scroll to gear he vanished "PWND has disconnected" one of my most succesful kill a bandit missions ever. sorry for spelling mistakes 3:00 am

Edited by derpyshooves

Map: Namalsk

Gear: M24, Ghillie, Alice

Playstyle: CQB in cities, anything goes, but generally avoid. From distance: Observer, opportunist (for gear), but not really killin for LULZ.

Log in to the private server i play on, instantly see unarmed man prone on bridge and a guy with a AK on the west side. I sit and watch. They spoke of a sniper on the hill at the bridge and dont know if they are speaking of me. I remain silent and continue to watch, because I dont need anything off of their corpse. Minutes pass and I see that the guy with the AK dies and realize the sniper they are talking about is on the West side of the bridge on the opposite hill. At this point, I realize that this is an ideal situation to countersnipe, as i am completely hidden and hell bent on taking out this bandit.

I scan the hill and see him, and immediately open my map to range his position. He is at ~600 meters and lying in wait to take shots at people at the railway station. Blood starts pumping. Zero my M24 to 600m, check ammo...got lots :) This is going to be my longest attempt at a kill ever, and I've been playing since May. Prone under a tree, acquire target, adjust for range and fire...MISS. a bit low, not far, but a half a mildot higher and im good to go. Problem is, he is now strafing constantly and hiding behind trees scanning for me with his sniper rifle, but I am hidden as shit. I take more shots while he is on the move, leading the target, all misses, but not by far. My visibility of him is pretty low due to the mist/fog, so i pause and adjust my gamma down a bit. and Now he is about 700m away tucked behind a big rock, and all I can see is his the top of his head. I fire and see the faintest blood mist but he isnt dead, and think that I must have seen his body instead of his head. He stays by the rock and i imagine he is bandaging, as I fire again and see that he is dead. My heart has been pumpin pretty hard now for about 10 minutes, so I cool off and head up across the valley to his corpse.

As i get to the other side, with ONLY my M24 and no backup primary, I see a dude with an M14 about 30m from me (in a tree btw), blood pressure rises, zero for 100m, and try to steady my hand in a situation where I am at a serious CQB disadvantage. I fire, I hit, hes bleeding and running around. and its tough to scope in on him at such a close range. fire a few more shots and finally hit him with my shakey hands. I had to assume he was part of the squad that the sniper was in, and was going to protect/loot his body. He was yelling friendly in side and cussed me out when he died...but i couldnt trust him, sorry bud. I leave his body there for the time being and head to the dead sniper. I looted his Coyote backpack and backup m16 and hid his body. I loved the fact he had a coyote because I rarely see them. So, I head back down the hill with the m16 at the ready, and decide that I needed that M14 because its a good compliment to the M24 due to "shared" ammo. I left all the mediocre loot on the M14 guy and left it as a prize to someone that happened upon it, and walked off into the hills. Gonna continue to wait and watch for these snipers to take advantage of their situation, so I can take advantage of mine. Best of luck random snipers, I will see you on the battlefield.

Edited by ahyokata

always good to see some interesting stories coming out of this game, still gives me hope that hackers WON'T ruin the whole thing.

So all day today i've played the same character. All by myself..surviving and killing and being a douche bag to people i kill.

So i was approaching stary hill above the tents after hearing about 2 survivors getting shot and all they wanted was help.

So on me i have an M4CCO shit load of mags and an as50 in my pack. i begin approaching from the small bushes to the side.

As i slowly peaked out of the bushes i could hear shots, REALLY loud shots. i draw my sight to a figure running towards the deer stand on the otherside of stary hill.

I wait for the right moment to strike like a viper.. he stops in the middle of the fucking field like a noob to pull his pistol ( why he ran in the open i have no idea.)

I STRIKE! firing 10 shots at this guy he takes on and runs over a small ridge with trees out of my vision. I pull out my as50 preparing for his counter attack.

I wait.... I wait...and no counter attack or flank. I head over the ridge through some more bushes when i spot him above the destroyed car near the hill. he was in some bushes.

emptying my mag at this guy he manages to get away...AGAIN. so i chase this fucker this time through little bushes slowly. I spot him! prone on the ground with a fn fal pointed at my fucking face..

I must have hit him in the head on my 2nd or 3rd shot because he landed 2 shots on me! 2!!@#!@ from an fn fal i was so fucking lucky to be alive! as i read in the chat this guy raging all over the place.

i bandage and heal my broken leg, at this stage my blood is at an all time low...me passing out and shaking like a mother fucker i take his food hide his body and leg it out of there.

At this point hes going ape hit telling me to watch out for his friend, i reply "I'm waiting bro" (i really just ran like a rat.) so i headed 3 k west out of stary and started looking for pigs goats rabbits ANYTHING! just for blood.

i do a full 360 of the area and find one pig! one! i had to admit i was really lost at this point.

This is where shit gets interesting and intense.

as i head into one town (i have no idea what town it is sorry) i hear enfield shots... as i further investigate zombies are pouring into a small wooden house. i draw my gun and yell out to this bloke.

"you need help buddy!" he replys, "nah dude im right."

"i need a blood bag do you have one?"

"yeah, but drop your gun when i come out i will give you one."

he comes out and it looks like he swapped out for his ak i was like okay..so hes armed i better be careful. we kill all the zombies and head into a barn.

I drop my gun and ask if he wants anything in return. he wants a map.. i was like okay thats fine i can give you my map. i drop the map and he starts to give me the blood bag.

He trys the first time and it dosent work.. i was like oohhh kay try again. he trys again..dosent work.... im starting to get suspicious about this guy. finally it works and he says

"dont move from that location until im gone or ill kill you!'

He legs it im cool with that! gave me a blood bag and we are all sweet.. i look in my pack and my as50 is gone!!

THAT MOTHERFUCKER! i run outside and take pop shots with my makarov! this guy returns fire at me fucking almost hitting me. i run inside and grab my m4 and leg it after that fucking pig!

i unleash on this guy as he runs into a shallow gully. i hit his legs breaking them as he rolls on the floor liek the grub he is i finish him....

remember kids... dont trust strangers...never again will i do that i will just kill the guy next time.

So many good storys here. Havent had time to read them all yet and hand out some beans but i look forward to reading alot of them. For now though here is my heros tale of namalsk.

So i join a private hive server with extra vehicles and inhanced loadout on Namalsk. Fresh spawn at the old sawmill. Instantly i can hear the roar of rotors from the clouds. Im so close to old hospital i say fuck it and go there unarmed other than the axe i started with.

Lucky me no zeds in sight. Noones there or so i think. I had found a winchester in the store so i was ready to fight for my life if needed. But with so much death flying in the killfeed I knew someone had stop these cowards raining death from the sky. After i blow the windows out of the hospital with a gernade i got off a dead zombie i hear a ural rolling up. I use direct chat to warn the intruder of my deadly aim but also of my intentions of not killing him if he would respond to my calls.

He says "dont shoot im a medic" Im very unsure of this as i hadnt seen any medics around yet on the island in a week or more of hiking the snowy mountains. I decide its well worth the risk to leave him be to do his job if he's speaking the truth. I loot what i can and even found some antibiotics. As im leaving town heading towards the harbor as there is smoke billowing from something down there i hear the screams of a survivor getting eaten alive.

Is it the medic i think? fuck it he needs a savior and im the man for the job. I sprint balls deep into a mob of zeds in the school. Blood fountain coming from the second story. He cant chat as hes out cold but im hoping its the medic. I take out 20+ zombies to get to him and also attracting every zombie in the area. I bandage him and continue wasting zeds while he morphines. I offer him blood if we can escape. "hurry down the ladder" as the stairs are full of hungry zombies.

We made it out to the hospital. Blood transfusion a success. At this point i know he wouldnt dare try harm me. I could have taken his ural and/or a fresh spawned civ. heli he had parked next to. But I think he needs it more than I. As one last act of kindness i give him my antibiotics for any poor soul who may need them as i fear with so many heli's around i wont be surviving long. Its gonna be hell to get off this bare open fields island i had spawned on.

So back to my mission at hand to investigate the downed player chopper at the harbor. Wide open fields seperate me from the crash site. I take off sprinting like its no mans land. The roar of rotors is getting louder! fuck me i think. I know they are going to old hospital as everyone must stop there eventually. I hit the deck in the middle of a open field. Keeping my head down i watch the heli drop 4 well equiped bandits to the hospital. Oh no All my help towards that medic is about to go down the drain.

In the minute i had been running though apparently a uaz was being chased into town by the heli. Now half the server is at old hospital. The gunner rainging lead into town and small arms fire coming from every side of town. Im not equipped enough to take on either of these squads. What to do? I just watch from the open field hoping i wont be spotted. Names are scrolling fast as possible and dead bodys must be every where in town.

Whats this i hear in the distance? Another heli is inbound. Im literally shitting my virtual pants as the first heli takes out the inbound one. BOOM it crashes only few hundred meters from me. The original heli swoops in to pick up any survivors they had left. To my suprise though they seeminly have setup shop at the harbor. Im behind enemy lines and noone knows im here. I sprint whenever i think the heli isnt looking or to far to see me. I make it to the base where i find their multiple tents of goodness. No 50 cals to take out the heli but im determined to avenge the medic.

I take a m4 holo with m203 and a few explosive rounds. Im hiding in the construction building as the heli is now circling over head. They know im there. Zeds are all over and they arent fools. To my suprise though they land the thing! what? they must think im fresh spawn and havdnt found the tent. All it takes it 2 HE rounds to the side of the heli to make an amazing explosion. To my suprise 2 of the 3 are still alive and out cold. I stand over their bleeding bodys and tell them this is for killing so many fresh spawns and the medic. pop pop i double tap them both after my rant.

Ahhh it feels good to be good. This is pretty long i know and i didnt even add all the little details. It was an amazing couple hours of heart pounding action where i mostly watched but in the end i was the one driving away in a ural full of loot..... with 2 downed choppers and 9 dead men in my rear view I head for vorkuta to help the poor bambis from them filthy bandits.

Thanks for reading. I may die more often then not trying be helpful but for once it all worked out in my favor. Karma is great

• Like 1

Panthera, come across the C130 and the small plane in F.O.B. Boriana.

Not long since spawned, had nothing on me and I was at the opposite side of the runway. I saw quite a few zombies already spawned so I was being careful and tried spotting if anyone was still around. Couldn't see anything so I carry on down the runway without a care in the world.

I come to the C130 and run around the whole thing because I forgot where to get in. Realise that just opposite me, near the other plane there were 2 players that were looting before they jumped in. At this point, there was just the 3 of us on the server. So I thought, of all places, they wouldn't think I was here. Somehow they didn't even spot me running around like a bafoon.

I jump in but don't turn on the engines just yet, watching them. I hear over direct that they were about to jump in, the 'leader' as I presumed told the other to jump in the smaller one because he had less experience flying in ARMA. I turn the engines on and blast down the runway, they shoot at the plane trying to disable it with a winchester. I take off, just. I got to the end of the runway and had to swerve to dodge the AC tower.

I fly to the northern airfield, land it perfectly but as I get to one side of the runway, I see them in the radar above me. So I take off again as they land. They stayed on the ground for a while asking me to land so they could jump in. Even though they were bandits, I thought I would have fun with them.

So I land because the cockpit is too high for them to shoot me in and let them in. When I was in the air, they said they were going to 'hi-jack' me. Which I laughed at and said to stfu and enjoy the flight. I circle the airfield and decide that a C130 can't really be hidden so I flew north, over the airfield and ejected without their knowledge. As I land on the airfield, they said over side chat that I was a 'f- noob' which I laughed at once again and told him to stop being childish.

To end the moment, I fly over them in the small plane they had flown and said to enjoy the swim.

How To: Get fully geared within 30 minutes:

So I didn't play for the last 3 months and decided to update and get back to playing DayZ yesterday

The last time I left the game I had a fully decked out character with M4 Holo and M107

Now to my disappointment it seems like my character vanished in the course of 3 months, so I was on a clean character again when I first loaded the game

Decided to relog just in case the HIVE didn't update properly, to no avail

The server then decided to kill me, put me into the debug ocean and respawn me on the coast with no backpack

Oh well....great

Spawned near Cherno and decided to head right into it considering that I actually had nothing to loose

Grabbed a Leeroy Enfield and went into the firestation just to get blown up by a satchel charge placed by some random moron

Didn't give a shit and spawned in Kamenka

After fending off a horde of zombies with the hatchet I noticed a ghillie sniper casually driving up to me and picking off zombies

Turned out he was the dude who blew me up in Cherno

So it was me, bleeding quite badly because I never used an axe before against zombies, and the nameless ghillie who just saved my ass

He then dropped his Coyote Backpack, with an SVD Camo inside, onto the ground and told me to pick it up

Oh and he gave me the bike too while apologizing for blowing me up back in Cherno

We split ways and I headed towards my old camping spot

As I entered Sosnovka I noticed a white pickup truck and a dead body next to it, I went to investigate

NVGs, Rangefinder, Knife, Matches, Map, GPS and a shitton of ammo for weapons that I didn't have....noice!

Went on to my camping spot, regrouped with a mate who didn't lose his character even though he was inactive for 3 months too

200m next to our meeting spot we noticed a large flame - hurray for helicopter crash sites

M14 AIM - check

M107 - check

Camo clothing - check

All within 30 minutes, didn't even need a single soda can

Edited by Hawk24

For the first time in about a month I thought I would play Lingor Island.

I found a Blue Gaz car and found x2 wheels, it was moments later The MV Taxi service was up and running. Now I'm not sure if you know but one of my game play styles is taxi driver, my fare charge is Beans and pop (as and when required) In game side chat is a requisite.

First fare was a straight pick up and drop, El Villon airfield. I arrived during a firefight and made it clear I was offering a taxi / Ammo refill service and nothing else, this usually leaves me alone and out of any fights. I have had many times players call a truce in order to kit up, they can go back to fighting if they want after they walk 500m. I make it clear I have a large inventory and lots of free stuff providing I can trust you. there is nothing worse than a player trying to shoot you when you're driving, you're not doing yourself any favors by advertising your location in a threatening manner. I will pull up further down the road and put a bullet in your legs (Use any morphine and I will repeat until your out!)

After a drop off in Calamar, the guy offers to pay me with a D.M.R, as I have one in my boot i decline and wish him good luck. he leaves and no issues after that. As I am in Calamar I go on the chat asking if anyone needs a lift. 1 guy near the airfield confirms so I go to pick him up.

Now, you can tell a bad one from the rest when they start asking you questions, "where did you find the car?" "how long have you had it?" there was something strange about this guy, but he confirmed it all when he asked if i could pull over so he could get a drink "please don't move when you stop" this was all i needed to hear. Q and W were pressed very quickly when he got out and he started firing at my window. I knew he was after my Taxi, and he made the mistake of crossing me. I drove off to the end of the street in a zig zag fashion, turned round and drove at him. he was splatted all over the place. What pissed me off was he had all the good gear, why risk being a dick over a car when the server has 50 + vehicles? This idiot lost his players life and gear because of what? I was offering a service and he was out to kill. He wasn't even a bandit, in fact I have driven bandits around with less hassle. His name was mud after this, everyone on the server knew he could not be trusted. He died a lot of times after our confrontation.

My 3rd fare was all Tom Cruise Collateral style. This guy was having a beef with another player on the other end of the map, goading each other and threatening what they were going to do to each other, so they agreed to meet up and find out who has the longest breath. I pick up Mr Cruise (Not his real name) in Maruko and drive him down to El Villon, His Mark is shouting aloud how he kills all players with his sniper rifle, all the other players are pissed they are being killed by this camping sniper because they are unarmed.

I don't like to use vehicle chat as it offers me safety to some extent by letting everyone know what's happening (By this time the whole map was aware of an impending fire fight about to happen, so lots of players made their way to the airfield)

Mr Cruise informs me to let him out by the ATC Tower. I drop him off and then park up on the airfield Tarmac It's in view of everyone and neutral. What occurred next was the biggest and best fire fight / battle I have ever seen in my life. Zeds are all over the place giving you a clue there is more than 3 players nearby. Every different gunshot sound could be heard, the chat (Voice and text) is going too fast to get a bearing on what and who is doing what to who, people are dying left right and center. A.T.V's and other vehicle are driving around exploding through M107 shots. Players crawling all over the place, blood pissing out of their appendages. Players are begging for their lives over voice. The town above the airfield is a hue of all the smoke grenade colours you can have. My super computer is nearly lagging and stuttering.

I am sat in my Taxi, parked in the middle of the airfield, double alt pressed watching it all around me, jaw wide open in sheer awe.

30+ players on a server and 20+ of them were at the El Villon airfield, Out walks Mr Cruise cool as fuck. He had his mark (who was crying over chat) and now asked if I would take him to Drassen. In usual fashion I ask any other players if they need a lift as I knew there were some still around. They come out of their hiding places knowing that the area around my Taxi is neutral. I give them 5 mins to gather gear from dead bodies and we move. The car is full and they are re-telling their stories of the El Villon battle all the way to their destinations.

The only regret was that I don't have recording software. This was an epic moment I had not witnessed before in my 6 month of playing DayZ. I have felt Fear, have been scared, shook like an arctic winter but this game still offers me new experiences.

Please remember if you see me in game and need help (Medic, Taxi, Arms merchant) just remember I am friendly and will help anyone as long as I don't have to kill anyone, That is not my game.

• Like 1

Hey there survivors let me share our latest story with you :)

We are a 4 man squad, one As50 sniper, one assistant for the sniper with rangefinder, one with a Mk48, and me i carry a M16A4 ACOG.

At "the happening" our group was splitted, I was in the northern of the old fields at the forgotten deer stand and waited for a Warlord to get my fingers on a m107.

The weapon had its best years seen long time ago but it is still a deadly piece of steal and the price was good. The trade was finished as my team told me via radio that a helicpoter crashed in front of them, in the northern field above stary sobors military tents and the current position of our team was the forest 600 meter northern of the crash site so we felt pretty lucky. They splitted up and orderd me to regroup and get visual to the helicopter from the south side.

I just started my way through the forest to get in position as the unexperienced Warlord ran into some Zombies and screamed for help, I kill people if i have to and i dont feel anything if they die in front of me but this guy made me a good price and i somehow felt responsible for him so i switched to my sidearm, a m9SD and cleared the situation for him with 4 headshots while a fifth stealthed somehow in my back, I turned around and shot him as fast as a human being is able to do so.

But there it allready happend, i was hurt, the pain was undescripable and i just ran out of painkillers, the Warlord ran away without a look back and I heared him yelling for the next 200 meters like a frightened little girl. However i reported to my squad that i have to take care about my wounds first and went to Grishno.

It was around 2:00 am, as i arrived there and with my nightvision googles it was easy to inspect the houses without attracing attention, but the houses were scavenged long time ago so i stared to take out a couple of zombies with my silenced m9 wich was pretty hard with my shaking hands. I felt like I had to kill 20 Zombies untill i found what I was here for, a fresh pack of Painkillers.

I reported to my squad that Im on my way now to my position and i would need about 15 minutes to get there.

They used the time to give me the newest information about the situation.

The first moments were kinda messy, there was a brave guy crawling towards to the helicopter but our sniper had no visual yet so he kept on waiting and then this guy just stood up and switched on his flashlight, it only took a heartbeat and he was killed by a shot straight through his throat.

They had to, we were running low on ammunition and we needed this opportunity to restock our supplies. He yelled his Name and his squadname before he died and we knew the name he screamed "TTT", we knew there have to be 2 more out there but we werent able to spot them so the sniper and his assistant changed their position because it was useless now after he shot but all in all they stayed still and kept on waiting.

He just finished his report as i arrived and crawled towards to my position a bush 200 meters southern of the helicopter so we had now a sniper in the norhtern forest, me in the bush to the southern side and in a bush at the eastern side we had our rifleman with its MK 48.

Since the first shot an hour has passed by and we layed there and waited for our chance.

The assistant sayed he spotted a enemy but was too excited to describe it well and so the sniper was in hurry to find the location, a few chaotic seconds later he spotted him too but waited to get a clear shot. After a few meters the enemy stoped and turned around, "i bring you peace" our sniper said and in the moment he just saw as the enemy was looking excactly towards his position and there it was, another TTT scream as he died by a shot this time straight through the head.

One to go we thought, the sniper changed his position one more time and we started waiting again.

After almost one more hour our rifleman in the eastern bushes decided to give it a try, theres just one guy left and we had good visual to his location so he started crawling out of his bush, he just crawled a few meters as he saw something moving, the corpse! Its aiming to him, what the hell is going on here? He was quicker then the "Zombie" and got the first shot but somehow he died and we understood the estimated corpse was the third man of the opponent team. The situation was so unecpected that we werent able to spot him in time, we expected the third man to be in the southern area, it was a mess.

The last man standing scavenged our mate before we saw him and then he ran away.

Well at least we knew that the area is clear now and we started to pick up the gear of the Helicopter some Bizon PP-SD 19, a M14AIM, a FN FAL, we also manged to scavange some NV googles gps and such stuff from the corpse of the opponents, so we were able to re-equip our lost teammate as his reincarnation came back to our location. He picked a spot in the eastern bushes once again.

From the first blood till now 4 hours have been passed, when our rifleman franticly asked if we are in the near of the bushes, we all almost instantly replied "no" and then he scremed something i shouldnt repeat here ;) and he was able to take its revenge as he took out the last man of the TTT squad, what a wonderfully pleasing end to know we got them all!

hope you like it, and please excuse my typos or sometimes bad english :)

Greetings

Swordsworn

Yesterday, I caused some chaos in Cherno without even shooting anyone.

I wanted to cook some meat, so I could gain some blood back and Cherno construction site was the closest one to me, so I went there.

When I got to the hill with the mass grave, I took it easy and didn't run much, because I heard some DMR shots coming from the other side of the hill.

Then, after I got in the treeline, I decided not to waste too much time looking at possible snipers and went in.

While running, I got hit by a rifle, possibly an M16. (I think the reason I got hit was because the guys heard the DMR and wanted to get him)

I went behind a tree, bandaged myself and ran in to cook the meat as fast as possible.

At the same time, I created a fight between the sniper and the two other shooters in Cherno. I just hid in the construction site for a while and escaped from the front doors, via the coast.

I really don't even know how I survived from the guys shooting at first, my guess would be shit shooters with duped gear.

Edited by Sutinen

So yesterday I was in cherno with some friends with our bus and two cars outside, i went into the school and decided to be like OMGEWRD I FOUND A GHILLIE, so i said it aloud, and i was quite believeable, i said just joking I didnt really, and they were like oh wow if you did get a ghillie suit i would have shot you, Next room i go into i have a mini heart attack because i found a ghillie. SPEAK OF THE DEVIL

My friend posted this, I am Ben. We had alot of bandit kills by the end of the day.

Ok boys, its a long one, but here she is.

Our journey begins at the northwest airfield. My squad consists of me (Anonymous), Ben, Djfayte, and Blackhawk. We enter the airfield from the south, and a quick scan with my trusty L85 Thermal shows that we are alone. As I run a few more hundred meters closer, I notice a big yellow truck. Could it be? A ural with all its tires just sitting in the middle of the airfield? Surely it’s a trap, as no one in their right mind would leave the truck. After about 5 minutes of waiting, I decide, YOLO, and run to the truck, its in excellent condition, it’s just missing fuel. On our quest for the ever elusive jerry can, Ben notices a noise. Has someone somehow taken our ural? No, someone has another one as well. He pays no mind to the airfield, or its possible loot, and he passes. This is where the action begins. Ben once again, located on the west side of the airfield, notices players. He takes shot after shot, and no death message, then out of nowhere, BAM! "Blackhawk has been killed" Where the hell did that come from? Ben zeros his scope, and sees the culprits crawling near the control tower. He takes the shots; one goes down, the other DC's, the third goes MIA for a bit. After we find an ATV in the woods nearby with three jerry cans, we refuel the ural, and I start to drive around. I notice the third missing man in the fire station on the third floor. I back away and figure, YOLO, so I drive the ural straight through the fire station doors, eject, and take three M107 shots to end his miserable life. I then drive to the southern barracks, find an MK48, pick up the team and drive off.

Fast-forward about 10 or so minutes. We decide to end the night, and just kinda die off, but we were in for much more than that. As we are driving towards Starry, we take two AS50 shots, to damage the wheels and engine. As we enter Starry, I hit some debris in front of the market, which renders the ural useless. Ben and Dj run up to the sniper hill, and I check the tents. Only loot that is usable is the 100 Round belt for my MK48. I reload, and decide to try and find food and water at the market. As I run behind the counter, I take a shot from a 870, I quickly turn, and unload into the back room. Two players killed. However, celebration is cut short as Dj says there are two more players he sees and the fact that I'm low on blood, and I’m also bleeding. Two AS50 shots, two kills. I decide that its safe enough to try and loot the bodies of my victims, but as soon as I move, I take more shots from my right through the window. I quickly turn, and unload once again into the body of a bandit. Player killed. There is no celebration though. Blood is blinking, and I need a bag, fast. I yell for Ben to come and get me, and he sprints from sniper hill to come and rescue me. He succeeds, and as I run into the back room once again, I notice a standing player. Can this be? All these people in Starry? It is another player, and I take shots again. Blinking blood, bleeding, and passed out. Looks like the end. WRONG. Ben, oh Ben. If there ever was a man more deserving of a Medal, its him. As I lay lifeless in front of him, Ben lays into the player with his DMR. Player killed. Ben then patches me up for a second time, but the bag doesn't work. Server lag is starting to get bad, and I decide to run up to sniper hill and regroup, and relog to sync up with the server.

At about this point, Blackhawk meets up with us, and rearms at the ural, which also contains an MK48. We then loot the tents, find a couple mags each for our MK48's then meet up with the others, and we run to Elektro.

Fast forward 20 minutes. As we are running to Elektro, we come up with a plan. Dj and Ben will run up to the sniper hill overlooking Elektro. Blackhawk and I will meet up at the northern fire station. Blackhawk is a few hundred meters behind me, and I decide to enter without him. Blood and flies everywhere, 4 bodies on the inside, 1 on the roof. All bandits with little or no gear. As I am running back down the stairs, I notice a player running towards the fire station. I wait. He slowly creeps up the stairs, should I shoot? No, not unless he’s armed. As he creeps up a bit more, I see a Enfield pointing at my face. Open fire, player killed. Blackhawk then meets up with me, and we sit waiting for unsuspecting players to enter into the lead storm. We quickly get bored, and decide that running into the heart of the city is our best option. Dj and Ben are calling that there is agro everywhere. But we figure, YOLO, and charge out of the station like a bat out of hell. As I enter the market, I notice a ghillie with a Winchester running out the front door as I’m running in. I stop, turn a bit, and open fire. Player killed, but there is no time to loot, as another player just ran out of the market. He is unarmed, and I leave him be. After waiting in the market for a couple minutes, we decide to charge into the church, guns a’blazing. But we are delayed by Dj yelling that he is taking shots, then we see the message “Djfayte has been killed” Ben has somehow been knocked out, yet he is not bleeding and will recover. After figuring out where it came from, we charge into the church. It’s empty, and there is no useable loot. As we are planning our next move, a bandit charges in and me and Blackhawk lay into him with crossing lines of fire. Player killed. He never had a chance. I laid 50 rounds in him, and Blackhawk did the same. Our next move is to go to Tapolka Damn, and meet with Ben there, who is now alive and well again. As I exit the church, I hear an Enfield shot, and it lands near me. I turn a corner, then lean, and open fire. Player killed. I run back in the church, and me and Blackhawk charge out. I take 20 steps, and take another Enfield shot. This one lands, and it knocks me out, breaks my legs, and makes me bleed. Blackhawk somehow manages to avoid fire, and heal me completely up. Epi-pen, morphine, bandage, and blood bag. As we begin to run again, we get shot at… again. Now we both have broken legs, and we are both on the brink of death. As we are crawling, it seems as if we may cheat death again, we just might make it into the safety of the western firestation. But as we enter, we are greeted by a bandit who happily kills us, ends our adventure, and steals our gear.

We were all killed except for Ben.

• Like 1

Here is a short story of mine...

Im playing on a server named DayzNamalsk nyx.cz / dayz.st. Ive been surviving for about a week. I was lucky enought to spawn near Northen army base. So fast enought, i ended up with an m4a3 cco with a few mags and a pdw. I headed to Vorkuta for food and to my biggest lucky start ever, found a ghuilie suit (first time ever with it :P). Told myself i needed some morphine, just in case, so my journey begins!

Im heading to the old hospital. While running into the wild, a chopper just fly over my head and crashed in front of me resulting in 3 deaths on bottom left screen! Told myself i could check for loots. When i arrived to it, evrything was burnt and found nothing... exept.. a player crouching right in front of me! OMG! Poor guy didnt see me yet, he was prone and going toward me with his akm. Shot a few bursts and he went down. A few lifes behind, i learned that when you face the mouth of a gun, you dont take time to speak.

Few kms laters, i found a plane crash. Nice place to find some loots i guess. Hide myself around trees and look around. There is a player heavily armed with winter suit. Time to test m4 range. Take my aim and let it burst! 1 mag later, this unknown survivor drops down (sry Slendu!). Good thing for me, this plane had some medical supplies, i was able to get a few morphines from the wreck. Carefully approaching Slendu's body, i looted 2 frag grenades.

My shots didnt bring any walkers around, but someone was stalking me. While i was leaving the place, i hear dmr fly next to my head and toes! Omg! My heart beats soo loud! I start running and go prone behind some tall grass. Shots keeps going around me, but i feel like my oponent lost track of me cause shots keeps going right and left wide open! I roll on the ground and hold my gun tight. Dead silence.. nothing.. im waiting.... Few minutes pass.. and then i hear a car coming. Oh crap! Car stops up the hill on the road and stop. I see a bandit searching around trees looking for a dead body. He pass by me and doesnt see me, thanks to the guilly suit. Hes maybe 100 meters away, i unleash my m4 and drops 2 mags on him. he goes down bleeding but have time to shot 1 more dmr bullet which miss. But zombies nearby hear the shot and rush him. While hes getting eating alive, i drop a few more rounds. Zombies and Beanlover drops and by the same time, my i almost get an heart attack!

That was a sick day, one of my best dayz session. Damn i shoulda put some speedstick this morning.. cause im sweating bad, that was a hot one. And this is why i play Dayz.

Sry for the poor grammar, i speak french :/

Have a good night folks!

Wrongday

Once upon a time, there was an ugly bandit.

He was so ugly, that everyone died.

And then he got banned for hacking.

The end.

Edited by Rage VG

Ok, im at my camp and we play realisticly with direct chat and that's all skype or any other communitcation is for emergencies only. So, i do my routine hunt. I come back with 12 meat only problem is there are 18 of us. We recently recruited a couple of noobies so me and my co owner give our cooked meat to them and go hunting once more so everyone can be fed. Only problem was we couldn't find any animals i had found 2 boars and 1 cow, when i go alone i find way more animals so i take the co owner back to camp and take my uaz out to the old hospital because we needed medical and food supplies. When i arrive i found what was waiting there for me, I very nice bandit clan holding one new spawn hostage or something, so after overwatching for a while they were trading them or something because the new spawn new where a camp was and the new spawn said if they killed him they wouldnt tell him obviously so i follow them for a while only realizing it was my camp. So, i rounded up the boys and took cover and waited for the bang. When i say that i mean, we rigged a couple of satchels we found earlier for explosion on the tara bridge. Their convoy including 2 uaz's and 3 urals 2 yellow one blue. We blow the bridge the only car escaping was the uaz after following him in my truck he runs out of gas and i get out of my car and all i hear is cling cling cling like when you are out ammo. So i break his legs throw him in my car take him back to base and let the boys fuck him up. Lesson learned Dayz is better than War z even though this story has nothing to do with it :)

• Like 1

Ok, im at my camp and we play realisticly with direct chat and that's all skype or any other communitcation is for emergencies only. So, i do my routine hunt. I come back with 12 meat only problem is there are 18 of us. We recently recruited a couple of noobies so me and my co owner give our cooked meat to them and go hunting once more so everyone can be fed. Only problem was we couldn't find any animals i had found 2 boars and 1 cow, when i go alone i find way more animals so i take the co owner back to camp and take my uaz out to the old hospital because we needed medical and food supplies. When i arrive i found what was waiting there for me, I very nice bandit clan holding one new spawn hostage or something, so after overwatching for a while they were trading them or something because the new spawn new where a camp was and the new spawn said if they killed him they wouldnt tell him obviously so i follow them for a while only realizing it was my camp. So, i rounded up the boys and took cover and waited for the bang. When i say that i mean, we rigged a couple of satchels we found earlier for explosion on the tara bridge. Their convoy including 2 uaz's and 3 urals 2 yellow one blue. We blow the bridge the only car escaping was the uaz after following him in my truck he runs out of gas and i get out of my car and all i hear is cling cling cling like when you are out ammo. So i break his legs throw him in my car take him back to base and let the boys fuck him up. Lesson learned Dayz is better than War z even though this story has nothing to do with it :)

If there was no relation between "DayZ is better than WarZ" and your story...don't post it.

Merged with the DayZ Stories thread.

It was the best time in dayz i ever had, we had a group of 8 people going, and hell we were DESTROYING a server. We were tactical as hell considering we weren't even a clan. Anyways here's how the story goes. It started with 4 people me, 2 people i normally play with and a friend of theirs. After a long while on confusion on where we all were, we ended up with all of us meeting in balota. On the way, one of my group mates posted on the fourms that we were looking for a good group to go with. So from that post we pick up i think 2 people who also eventually meet us in balota. Lucky us, we had found a uaz and a motorbike, so we had some room for people, and we end up picking up someone and his friend on the server who joins our group. We all start to spread out, most of us heading towards the airstrip looking for gear. We go into the control tower, and the popular places where yo would go to find gear there. Just in our luck, we find dead bodies, all armed to the teeth, with ghilles suits, akm, a lee enfield, 2 cobras,food,drinks, morphine, ect. In awe we take what they had and looked around for people, but nobody to be found. So we grab the gear, plus some extra guns (M1407, another AKM, and a DMR) from the surrounding areas. As we are looting the place we hear a loud POP and one of us goes down, knocked out. We all go prone ( me and 2 others in a hanger, one in the control tower over watching with the DMR, 2 in the woods surrounding the area, 1 knocked out on the airstrip, and another running towards him. We actually lock down balota, having 1 person searching the town, 2 watching the hangers, 1 watching the road into balota, another watching behind the hangars (me), 1 person inside the woods, and the rest in different hangers. Our overwatch spots somebody out around 150m away near an open field.Then the majority of our group decides to go check it out. We "snake" it almost all the way along the road, and we find the person who started shooting at us who was also saying something along the lines in sidechat like "Everybody watch out group of 8 bandits in balota!" To which i reply "dude we're only a group of 4....." and he doesnt respond. We end up chasing him down back to the open field where he was at first, and we start to kill him. Him dead, we instantly have a group of 2 attack us right after. POP 1 down in our group (dead) POP another knocked out, and we finally spot them near the medical tents. We creep up on them and then we end up getting hit a bit more, but eventually kill them. After we are all recovered, and took their loot we head to cherno. Now we are all sprinting untill we hit the outskirts of cherno where we all group up and come up with a plan to kill the people in cherno. We screw around for maybe 30 minutes then we go in. We managed to make it to a small house near the industrial place in cherno. We are all together with 2 snipers and the rest of us with pretty good weapons. And then side chat i see "Holy shit group of 8 in cherno STAY AWAY" which i respond to "No way lol, who would have THAT many people? Probably just zeds" Maybe a minute or two after we heard the POP of an AS50 shooting at us. POP one of us down. POP another, POP another, POP a close miss and we all scramble away. Meanwhile on skype..... "HOLY SHIT EVERYONE GET TO COVER" and we all stay holed up for a while, luckily we had found an M24 along the way, but a not so experienced sniper was using it. He looks around the popular spots and sees nothing, so then one of us decides to run out into the open and POP a dmr is shot by the same person now, and his legs are broken, but alive. He is behind good cover, so out M24 guy decides to go save him and POP hes dead and we're all yelling at him. So now its down to me, 2 others, and a guy with a broken leg. We actually spot him finally and attempt to kill him with our DMR, but we are pinned down so he is killed and me alongside him. Then our last guy decides to try to be a hero, and save the guy with the broken leg, he ends up getting killed running to our guy then our broken leg guy bleeds out. We all died from ONE sniper.

• Like 1

Removed

Edited by Ryeboy
Want to get rid of this post