B) I see what you did there "noodles" and "emty"

Good story,

:beans: :beans: :beans: ALL MY BEANS ARE BELONG TO YOU! :beans: :beans: :beans:

Oh... But the story has only just begun ^_^

Edited by Emty

B) I see what you did there "noodles" and "emty"

Good story,

:beans: :beans: :beans: ALL MY BEANS ARE BELONG TO YOU! :beans: :beans: :beans:

Ah thank you. We discovered this site last night after our session and thought our first time of actually managing to play together would be worth retelling. We shan't mention the disaster that was The Night Before.

Glad you enjoyed =D

~ C x

Oh... But the story has only just begun ^_^

Can't wait for the next part, but judging by your heroes twitching fingers and bad decisions to camp in shopping malls, your next chapter might just be your last :o

• Like 1

Well i Guess since everybody else is doing it I suppose i'd share my first attempt at dayz. I like to call this story "Enough is Enough"

As I walked out from the shore-line into the forest I wonder if I will meet any allies in this journey in the forest... It was morning, the clouds consumed the morning sky destroying any of the sun's rays I thank the clouds for relieving me of the hot day that was ahead. I tightened my cap and checked my gear and put one foot into the forest receiving a chill down my spine, no-wonder I saw nobody in the forest the trip up the hill left my throat dry as stone. With nothing but a flashlight, a box of painkillers, a fabric bandage all in my little pouch of a backpack I set off to find even of inch of human existence. The forest is free of my undead adversaries which makes good time get some distance between me and the coast. I then stumbled upon a clear field that swept the rest of the land. At first I was terrified that I might get killed if I journey out into the endless field, I decided not to go into the forest until I felt as though I was prepared. I gave the safe heaven of a forest goodbye and found a nearby warehouse to explore. Little did I know... the undead beat me here. I get on my stomach and study these walking chunks of rotting flesh at first thinking they were mere players and waddled off but later being attacked! I managed to get to a safe place from the warehouse. A deer stand by the looks of it and quickly climbed the ladder. I found a weapon up here an AK-47, with only 1 full magazine. I primed the weapon with great intention to kill these walkers and did so as said. I looted the rotting corpses and found that one had a military uniform and more ammunition. I decided it was a barn I needed to head to, I heard from past players that barns hold the key to survival so I went back into the forest and very carefully checked every area, eventually finding: a water bottle, a pond and a BARN! I ran into the barn and secured a "double-barrel" shotgun along with 4 slugs I knew it wouldn't last me so I kept looking and found a suitable hatchet. I checked every nook and cranny and found some food more ammo and a coke. I opened the can of coke and drank with please and said: "What could be any better?" The night was fast approaching I had to get every prepared, this is where I make my stand until morning. I suddenly began coughing though and later fell to the ground as I began to emerge from the ground I saw a player with my backpack looking at it with such intent. I pulled out my hatchet and threw it at his chest. I fell to the ground but without haste he shot 2 rounds from his makarov into me. Bleeding heavily I approached the players dead body and found he had a Czech backpack I hauled it over my shoulder and looted the man's corpse, I knew I had to get out of here or else The undead wouldn't just only be coming after my blood. He picked up his makarov and made a run for it not knowing where my shotgun would be. I hauled over to the nearest house. But I was still very cautious about my coughing... it wasn't just a normal sickness... I was infected. I was true... I had to... get to a hospital before... "no." I said, "there's no time for that, if I make an attempt to get some anti-biotics i'd be dead before I even turn into one of those things. I decided it would be best if I... went out with a bang...

So I hope you enjoyed that little story, I've never actually done a horror story. So tell me what you think!

Today was eventful.

We start out in Balota, and we all regroup. We decide that our group is getting too big, and we dispose of one member. After that, my friend was scouting around, making sure we were clear at the tents, and he got his brains splattered all over the ground. We all dropped, and our resident sniper took aim, and dropped the guy who killed our friend (Diego, you messed with the wrong group). We move on, and eventually spread out and look about. We make our way to Solnichniy and find a VAN. It was so perfect....We fixed her up, and got in. We moved out, and we were all loaded up. We got cocky and decided we should go out to Stary Sobor in the middle of the day with a van. We played road trip music, and laughed on the way there. We were about a mile out of Stary when the shots rang out.

We slammed on the brakes and everyone filed out, and found cover. Our resident sniper took aim, and spotted two guys by the road a ways down. We opened up, and dropped them. We thought that was it, and looted the bodies. M4A1 and plenty of ammo, a GPS, NVG's, and food and water. We went to go get back in the car, when a bullet zoomed right by my head, and impacted the car less than a foot from me, we all dropped to a crouch and scanned. My friend took a hit, and went down. He bandaged up and stayed down. Our sniper spotted two guys, and dropped one. I took a hit, and went down as well. Our resident medic started patching us up, and I went unconscious. When I came to, our sniper had dropped the other, but apparently a group of 3 others emerged and started firing at us. Our medic went down, and we bandaged him up. We decided it was too hot, and I jumped in the van's driver seat. I was in pain, had a broken leg, was in shock, and had 3k blood. Obstacles just jumped at us. Eventually, I got us a distance away, and used a tree as brakes. We all got out and two of us got blood transfusions, and I got enough meat to take me to 10k blood. The lead started flying just as I finished my last meat. We were getting sniped again, and our sniper dropped one more. We got back in the van, and drove.

We made it from the town west of Stary, to Zeleno. We hit a pile of debris, and the car was in bad nick. The engine was at orange, and we were missing a wheel. We split up, leaving three with the car and two to find car parts. We got mobbed by zombies at the car, and my friend got in my line of fire, and I accidentally killed my best friend. I looted his corpse, and took his standard mags and killed the zombies. We put his gun in the car and all his stuff, and waited. My friends came back with a wheel, and we had to work with that. We drove off, more carefully, and eventually made our way to Balota again. We met up with a friend, and while we were looting the airfield the strangest thing happened....

***READ THIS IF YOU WANT THE GOOD PART***

We were looting the hangars, and we hear the sound of a horn, and an engine. A guy in a van flies down the road, and just gets out next to our van, and gets killed by zombies. We were wondering what the hell just happened. We go over, and loot the guy. HOLY HELL WAS HE LOADED! He had an M24 with ammo, which I took, NVG's, GPS, PP-19, M9 SD, and more stuff. His car was in perfect nick, and we split the four of us into the two cars. We made our way to a gas station, and fueled up, but because our lead car wasn't listening to me, he went towards Chenro. This is where things get weird.

We start to drive away, but we get teleported back to Cherno. My car gets away, but the other one doesn't. The driver gets instantly broken legs, and unconscious. He drops out of the van, and killed. Not a single shot was heard. My other friend ditched, and ran. He got halfway to the gas station, and then gets teleported. He runs again. Teleported, then killed. My friend and I get in our car, and leave. We decide to head up to Stary to help out a friend who left on the way to Stary. We drove, and when we got to Zeleno, our car got sniped by an AS-50. Rocked like a Hurricane, we lost our wheel, and we got out. We thought we hit something. We look around for a tire, and all of a sudden, 5 people jump out of bushes, and RA-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT their AK's went, and down we go. I think I took one with me, and then my character of 50 hours of play time, died.

Hope you bandit assholes liked the car and loot.

• Like 5

My heroic story ends in cherno, character probably 10 in game hours old. Best so far, started playing this yesterday. I had actually aquired relatively decent gear (GPS, AK-74 Cobra with 6 mags, Czech Backpack) but had nothing to sustain myself and was constantly living off the next soda and food can I could find. 15 minutes prior to my death I committed a murder. While sneaking out in the woody hills behind cherno, two guys opened fire on each other. I watched from a distance. When the other guy went over to loot his target, I shot him from 70-80m away. Figured he would kill me just as easily as the other guy.

My death was extremely anti-climatic. While crouching around a corner trying to get to a store 50m away to secure some food, a sniper bullet hit me.

Edited by Fryseboks

Hope you bandit assholes liked the car and loot.

Well, you guys did kill other people, and some of them may not have murders, wich makes you a bandit ;P Great story tho!

Got a little short story from yesterday, a continuation of my previous story.

I went to elektro again, I would say this is the place people come to die.

I got greedy for loot and potencial kills, wich ended me getting killed a few times, but I lucked out on the spawning, but I got too eager to get my loot back, seeing as I had a AKS-74 with 6 mags, and a Alice Pack stuffed with a Mp5 with 8 mags.. It took me 3 tries to get there, because someone was always camping the building, they understood heavy loot was inside.

I threw a smoke grenade in the café where my body was, and apparently it killed someone, "roof debri" falls down if you throw in a smoke grenade, and I just saw "player was killed" right after I did it and heard the death scream, so either he was shot or that bugged him to death.

And the last time when I FINALLY get to my corpse, I meet another player in the café hallway, I panick and run out the back sitting ready with my hatchet to hack him to death x)

Only thing is, that asshole took everything I had except for my revolver, I get super pist off ( I spent 10 hours getting around getting these items due to no luck on a vehicle) And guess what, I chase the asshole, he is 50 meters ahead of me.. He sees me, and DISCONNECTS. PUSSY...

Edited by Safrion

This is the only game that makes me be afraid of dying, its very exciting to put yourself into a situation where you are in danger, and try to manage that situation. Can only be done engaging other players or them engaging you. I dont care which way it is but there is just a huge challenge for you to take on group of people, or make it a 1v1 with another player, it gives a real adrenaline rush. I dont find it fun to shoot another lonely player just to kill him, especially if I get on them from behind, but I still have to shoot them because their presence is a threat towards my survival.

All in all, I play this game for excitement and feel of accomplishment. I get huge satisfaction from outsmarting people strategy or position wise. I'll tell you what happened to me today.

I took on a group of three ghillie suited guys who had just killed my friend and were looting his corpse, I was far back enough for them to not notice me and I saw them all three kneeling on him, me with my enfield, them with their barrets and m4s, and the fighting ground being a forest. I go prone, aim carefully at a guy who just kneeled down and Im sure he wont move for 1-2 seconds for my shot to land, I shoot. I kill him. I shoot more towards his friends and I miss 3-4 shots at them before they vanish into the trees, the distance here was around 300 meters and they started to run instantly after noticing their friend dropping dead. I start to instantly move around in a big circle to flank their position, and I manage to get a good look at another ghillie suited guy looking with his sniper to the direction where I was shooting from before, maybe 3mins ago, why does he think I'm still there? Anyway, I aim for a while but my breath is making my enfield sights go crazy, and I'm afraid he will see me any second, so I decide to shoot when the crosshair is on top of his center body from the side when he is kneeling under a tree, my shot misses maybe an inch from him and I shoot again without luck, damn I wish enfield had faster reload. He moves again away from me into the trees, I move away into safe position back a little and behind a small hill within the forest where I came from. I sit there a moment and my friends already around on his new character, coming to the spot where I first shot from, he also wearing an enfield. We want to loot his old corpse, and the ghillie suited guy I had killed before on top of his corpse, but theres still the other two ghillie guys around.

Our strategy from this point onward was him to slowly make it to my opposite direction and fire a shot so he draws attention and I could get into their backs as I was strategically in a better position, before this I threw a smoke grenade to the opposite side of his path to make him be able to get into their backs if the ghillie guys notice the smoke and are looking away from him most likely if they were where we thought they were. He moves, and starts to scout the trees, suddenly I hear a grenade exploding straight next to me and a barret shooting same time and I get real scared with my enfield, I look around from my cover for a while thinking Im spotted and making a go for the next bush, when I start to move someone fires at me with a pistol, I get lucky tho. I lost only 7k blood and didnt break a leg so I could still run. and I did, I ran maybe 200 meters within the trees and recovered from this. At this point I almost crapped my pants from excitement. My friend is moving towards the place where we planned and as he moves he sees a barret pipe coming from within a tree looking straight away from him. He shoots into the bush and kills another ghillie guy with his enfield. Right now we are under the assumption that the third guy thinks theres only one of us, since both of us had enfields and they never saw us in same place at a time, or heard us from different places with intervals in shots where one guy couldnt change position that fast. So he finds cover under a nearby treeline and a fence, waiting it out, as the third guy is looking towards that noice absolutely surely. I move quiet and scout all the trees and grass very carefully from a huge wide area, but there was nothing anywhere, guy probs logged to save his gear when his two friends had died already. Disappointing in that sense that we never got to fulfill our master strategy within the forest with me getting to the last guys back and taking them all out. But hey, there was noone so we just walked to the corpses and we looted M4SD with a Reddot, M9SD´s, loads of mags, NVG´s and Rangefinders for both, M107 & DMR, some antibiotics, and a bear trap that I'm too afraid to try out because I think Its gonna end up killing me upon setting it up lol.

Situation was epic, super exciting and those rushes are what I play this game for.

Bandits gonna bandit and DC'ers gonna DC etc.

Edited by Tyrone66
  • Like 4

Well, you guys did kill other people, and some of them may not have murders, wich makes you a bandit ;P Great story tho!

Well aware.

Hell, we actually WERE bandits. If we saw people with a gun, a general rule was to kill them. We killed a guy just because he had just killed a cow, gutted it, and cooked the meat. We killed a guy after going into his camp and saying we were friendly.

But, now that I'm not butt-hurt over it, I would say it was a well coordinated attack on me and my friend in the van.

But those hackers from earlier....

A toast to you, Mr. Bandit Sniper

Yesterday after my group left I decided to do some more lone wolf looting. I basically had an AK and a 1911, both without ammo, but I was good on water and food supplies. Starting a little north of Zeleno I went through the Green Mountain forest looking for some deer stands to loot. Easy enough I found me some AK ammo and a M1040 shotgun. I then proceeded further north to get those stands in Myshkino too. Coming from the north-eastern hill I decided to take a look down over Myshkino and the surrounding area with fields and the north-western stand. Running along the treeline I scanned the fields and made out the position of the deer stand north-west of Myshkino, that's when I saw some Zeds already crawling around those fields. I couldn't think about them much as a shot suddenly flew by and missed me only by a little, I started sprinting but it was already too late, I got hit by the second shot and was instantly dead.

This really ruined my mood, I had already lost a M4Holo plus full gear (blood packs, epi pens, rangefinder...) earlier that day in a stupid firefight where I thought I had already won but my enemy was just unconscious and killed me after waking up, then proceeded to hide my body (which was really a dick move, bru...)

Anyways it felt shitty. My gear wasn't all that good, but I'm happy with any weapon, a water bottle and some hunting equipment, and now I had lost all that again. Also I didn't really get why a sniper would camp this area, as it's not really a high traffic area afaik. His intentions of killing on sight were pretty obvious though and I wouldn't have had a chance even if I could've fired back with my AK as the distance was pretty huge and I didn't even see him.

In hindsight my decision could've been a little foolish, as this area is really open and I totally paid the price for being naive and letting my guard down after running alone through the woods for so long. (note: just stay in the woods)

Enough with the whining though! Somehow I managed to not quit the game forever and respawned in... Kamenka. Hell yeah, so I started running straight to the north-west. At this point I was on a kamikaze mission, I had no food/water and no weapon and I had lost hope of recovering my corpse as I was expecting the sniper to either camp or hide my lifeless body. What was I doing running in that exact direction then you may ask, well I was of course looking for some border tent cities! I wanted to give it one last shot that day, maybe find some gear fast while being relatively safe in the forest areas at the borders. And I got lucky, well kinda lucky... I found tents, many empty tents, but also one with a M16 and two mags plus a blood pack, I was starting to feel lucky again. I wasn't that far up north so I decided to look for more tents further north where people should feel more save about starting a camp, at that point I knew that I had to find some water if I wanted to make it out of the forest alive.

But there were no tents anymore, running through endless forest I started asking myself if it had all been for nothing in the end?

When my water indicator started to blink red I tried to make out my position and started running east, away from the borders again. I wanted to get something to drink and keep my M16 for some better day.

Funny enough I realized I was just a little west of Myshkino at that point. I had recognized a small group of trees standing alone on a field with the ground inclining. Anyway I had to try and get something to drink. I rushed for the woods east of my position and quickly made it to a small barn building on the other side of the trees, on the north end of Myshkino. I ignored the dead Zeds lying in front and rushed in. Empty. I checked the corpses. Empty. No water. I knew the sniper or whoever killed those Zeds was probably still nearby and had looted the barn before I got there. My water indicator still blinking red. With the barn covering my position I took a quick peek to the deer stand northeast of my position, the same one I died approaching from the east before. Zombies everywhere. That's when I realized this guy was probably still in the area, waiting for more careless survivors to stumble by. To stand a chance with my M16 I had to get him from behind, before he could spot me from afar. I started running north, right in the forest, and circled to the east, looking out for any movement on the ground.

That's when I saw him lying beneath a fir, all ghillied up and waiting at the edge of the forest, but he had not seen me yet. The rush I got was something special, my heart was literally pounding at this point. Most players should probably know this feeling, it was just extreme.

Slowly I circled around him a little more so I could get right behind him, all the while trying to keep him in my sights through the forest (I wasn't exactly on top of him, there was some distance between us and trees blocked my vision while moving, also the M16 Iron sight is pretty shitty IMO)

Then I lost sight. I had experienced some crazy stuff in DayZ already but this was just so nerve-wracking I can't find words to describe it. I kept stealthy so he wouldn't be alarmed to any loud noises from behind, and tried to find him while praying he didn't disconnect out of boredom or something.

Just when I thought he was gone for good I heard a reloading noise right before me and there he was, still on the ground, looking in the other direction. While he was right before me the ghillie suit had totally deceived me up until that moment.

I couldn't wait any longer, he didn't have mercy before when he took me out from his rather secure position while I was just scouting, so I put him down with four shots in the back, to make sure he wouldn't stand up again like the last guy I tried to kill earlier that day (with my M4Holo...)

I quickly drank one of his cokes and took all the stuff I could carry, including a brand new coyote backpack with a FAL inside, blood packs, water bottles, hunting equipment, NVGs and a DMR with some ammo and made a run for it. I'm always paranoid while looting, but especially now with the gear he had on him I had a strong feeling that he probably had some buddies somewhere in the north, and at this point I had a lot to lose again. I left his corpse with the M16 that killed him and didn't hide his body. Maybe that was too nice, I'm not sure, but he should have a hard time getting there alive before it disappears anyway and I think hiding bodies just takes away from other players while adding nothing for yourself.

Finally, after a bad start I ended the day with better gear than I had (and I had pretty good gear as I said, M4Holo and stuff...)

This just shows that even if you lose some good gear in a heartbeat, you can get it back quite as fast sometimes, and that your death probably made someone really happy. I was hoping to find a sniper rifle for a long time now, and I'm really looking forward to trying it out (lol don't judge me)

A toast to you Mr. Bandit Sniper, that was a pretty good shot you got me with the first time around, but now I have your gear anyway (HUEHUEHUEHUEHWHAGHAGHAHGHAHGHAAGHHAGHA)

Edited by Darkstar_
  • Like 1

First of all, I'm from Spain so sorry for the errors that I may have writing.

I was at Chernogorsk wandering around, trying to loot some nice backpack, food, water, basic stuff. My gear is very basic, Lee Enfield and Revolver, furthermore I don't have the best aim in the world so I rely on sneaking.

I was inside a house when I heard a survivor "Ey you there, survivor, we're friendly" inmediatly I seek shelter and yell "I'm friendly but don't enter" they could be bandits trying to lure me out, so I waited until I saw where were them and I ran to the other door but... I was curious so after running away and looking back at the house, I saw them running to the second floor and I really wanted to be with other survivors as well so I entered again and I started talking

- So, what are you doing?

- Scavenging for supplies, we're really low on food

- Oh, well, I have some food here, take it

- Ey, thanks, could you give me a transfussion?

From that point on we looted the surroundings together, originally there were two of them but one missclicked Respawn so we had to meet with him at Balota's Airfield, that meant going through the entire City and we were hearing gunshots so we ran like hell until we hit a house and a survivor comes in, I shouted instantly

- Friendly?

- Yes, yes, I'm new, I just respawned, I have nothing

- Oh okay - Says my friend -

Well, thing is that while I was retreating I saw the guy with a gun in his hands and a czech backpack and I thought to myself "New? New my ass, he's a fucking bandit" the guy entered a room so I walked and when he looked at me the last thing he saw was my revolver.

Turns out he only had the pistol but a lot of stuff in the backpack. That's the last encounter we had in Cherno.

When we headed towards the Airfield we arrived at the hangars, it was pretty quiet until a survivor comes out from a hangar running like hell, I aim at him and I see that his weapon is an axe "Oh, what a fresh player outta of the sea" neither of us shoot him, he was scared I guess.

When we met our friend again we headed towards the military base were we encountered another survivor more called "Dude" so while my friends are asking him things I loot the place, nothing of interest, when I ask

- Who is this guy?

My friend replies - I have no idea, I don't trust him to be honest

so I ask - Who are you?

and the freak says- You don't know about the guy?!

I guess I shouldnt have but I said "Better safe than sorry" and shooted him in the chest with my Enfield, I walked towards him and using the revolver I finish im off, after that we all split up.

Gamer, Giant, it was a nice gameplay, I though you were going to kill me when we splitted up, hahaha.

Not much of a story, but I figured here was the best place for this.

I found a bike last night and proceeded to cruise around the various crash sites to see if I could find a heli. Anyway, after about an hour of setting waypoints and cruising around the major known crash sites, I finally found a helicopter. The only problem? Loot doesn't spawn when you're in a vehicle, so there was nothing there! I didn't realize why until I was miles away, and by then I was ready for bed so I had to log out.. tonight I will be picking up my quest, but I hope my bike is still there.. that thing is soooo much fun to ride around on! I swear its better than a car, the only drawback is that you get thirsty fast but its soo worth it! :)

This is my first survivor story so apologies if its all over the place but I figured i'd add it here as it goes to show the levels of paranoia that this game can induce.

First a bit of backstory, I've been playing Dayz just over a week so by no means am I a pro survivor, longest i've stayed alive is 3 days. My mate had just got Dayz going and me and another buddy were showing him the ropes and we were going up to NWAirfield to show him how dangerous it can be.

So there we're sat in the high value residential in Vybor just picking up a few extra bits before trekking north to most likely die anyway, this run i'd had the worst luck finding a pack and was still rolling around with my patrol pack. I'd been sat on the roof providing overwatch as both my mates only had lee enfields, so i was scout with the cz550. It had all been clear for about 10 mins whilst we waited for my more experienced mate to log back in after losing his Wifi connection. At this point i spotted an Alice pack through the window of the market next door and greed took over. So i wander over and start picking it up, usual glitch caused by gear around it so i figure i'll create a little pile and sort it out that way, BLAM i'm down with a nice hole in the side of my head, my own stupid fault, I can accept that so i quickly respawn and tell my buddies to kill the fucker and guard my stuff.

This is where the paranoia bit comes in. Whilst i'm respawning theres a few rounds exchanged by my newcomer buddy and the guy that killed me. He panics and lays low in the first room he can find, meanwhile my other buddy has logged back in and is asking where the guy is so he can get a line on him. All i can hear is very frantic voice chat about regrouping back in the high value building. My experienced buddy had called out that he'd seen someone crossing the road and asked it if was my other buddy to which he replies YES. All of 30 seconds later I hear a shot come over my headset on skype followed by "Why'd you shoot me bro?".....WTF!? It turns out my experienced buddy had seen ALICE pop up on his character, assumed that was his name and shot him square in the face.

Moral of the story here is no matter how prepared you are, when panic sets in things will go bad.

Edited by Diggler

guy on FR 3, this afternoon, in mogilevka..you shot my friend's back and shot me to death while i was inside a barn . i don't know if the guy i killed later ( after i ran there from elecktro) in the same barn were you, but if so ,you had what you deserved. if not, i'm sorry. and the other guy who ran away on the hill, you have been lucky! and later, same server, guy in shakovka try to be more quiet, we heard your fire shots from miles and had fun watching you being chased by infected, run over the hill and back again to town..so funny. i want also to say that no one disconnected to avoid death..so proud of you all :')

This morning, me and friends hopped on a night server. We were scattered, and decided to meet at Balota. I spawned in Cherno. Since it was night, I looted around. I hit the Church, and got a whole lotta nothing. I moved to the supermarket and found an ALICE pack, a double barrel, and a 1911 with lots of ammo. I left and we met up in Balota, and I traded my double barrel for a Lee Enfield.

We decided to hit the hospital and check the supermarket again. We looted the hospital, it was almost picked clean of any morphine. Bad signs. We moved to an apartment building where we found ammo and food, and then made our way to the supermarket. We stopped at the fire station, and found the biggest player base I've ever seen. 10 tents, guns, ammo, a car, and 3 people. They aimed and told us to turn around and walk away, and that we didn't see anything. We went on.

My friend looked into the supermarket and saw movement. He told us that there was someone inside. We took flanking positions, and moved into the supermarket. We dropped two people, and a third ran. We looted and found some decent stuff, and moved back to Balota.

When we got to Balota, we were making a plan, when shots rang out. My friend dropped dead. We decided it'd be a GREAT idea to throw flares around, so we started hucking flares everywhere. The shots stopped for a bit, so I assume we scared him off. We loot around, and I trade my Enfield for an AK. We meet up in a tent and continue formulating our plan. More shots, another friend down. We decide to go to the airfield, and get out with 3 people, leaving one guy to hold the fort. Halfway across the runway, and we all get dropped.

We spawn back in, literally right next to the airfield, and find our bodies had gone. We got silly and pulled out flashlights and ran about, yelling taunts at the sniper who was taking potshots at us.

Then we all ran out of Balota.

A little story from yesterday....

Myself and two friends were at our home base in the Northern half of the map.... we decided to load up the Ural and get supplies to fix a 4-wheeler and a Bus we had found... first things first we would go get gas and check some deerstands that were on our way.

As we pulled up to a field outside of Pusto to have our group split to check the deerstand, get water from the pond there, and fill Jerry-Cans it didn't take long before we were fired upon. The other two ran to the truck, and took off while I headed for the woods to get cover... the shooting stopped but it sounded like it came from town. I loaded up and we headed down to town with our truck to check it out (we were very heavily armed).... sure enough as we head into town someone at the entrance of the supermarket is shooting at us. We blow past and make a loop around, one guy bails on the backside of the market, the driver and I stay in.... we pull into the "parking lot" to see there is a bus there (most likely the group inside).... the driver bails out with his M249 as I bark out their locations from the truck.... at this point both "bandits" had taken refuge laying down between the aisles .... The guy in the back of the stores fires twice to get their attention when the guy with the M249 runs in the front door and just UNLOADS on these guys. We made quick work of them. Now with bus and Ural we caravan north to check the airfield for new glass, weapons, and other goodies..... on the way we notice a truck parked at the gas station between Lopatino and Vybor.... as we approach someone comes out from behind a fence and opens fire on us... Since we have the super durable Ural we just plow through this guys truck and see that out of the back of the gas station a guy is leaving on a bicycle.... we take off and pull right in front of him.... in chat I yell, "GET OFF THE BIKE AND LAY DOWN"..... He does what we say while the bus driver is dealing with the truck owner.... we have these two both in "custody" of sorts.

We tell them in exchange for the truck, we'll give them two primary weapons (they only had sidearms - primary was left on the truck), some food/drink, a map, and GPS..... if they don't like the deal they can be shot.

They accept so as I repair the truck the other two keep on eye on these guys. One gets the wise idea to make a break for it and is gunned down, his smarter friend stays put until we leave and I haven't seen or heard from them since.

• Like 3

This one gave my group some lolz....

This past weekend, me and four others were in a group on a night server and none of us had NVG. We were having good fun raiding places with flares, glowsticks, and flashlights.

We had just gone through the military tents at Berezino and were making our way uphill through some nearby trees to swing around and hit the hospital. I was in load with a glow stick and everyone was tight on my six.

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM"

It must have been less than 10 feet from us.... a loud explosion, and whatever it was, scared the hell out of me. Artillery? Land mine? No, none of that stuff is in the game....

"Everyone ok?!?!??! What was that?!?"

Two guys checked in with concussions but noone had any injuries whatsoever.

We hunkered down for a few seconds, wondering "what the heck?" Then I heard flies buzzing and realized what had happened...

I searched some nearby bushes and found the body of the guy who tried to throw a grenade at our group, but instead, bounced it off the tree in front of him, instantly blowing him to pieces. We searched him and he had NVG, GPS, plenty of other goodies, a Bizon with 3 clips. He could have just mowed us all down but I have to respect him for trying to give us a dignified (and much more interesting death). He totally had the drop on us, but Mr. Murphy was playing on our side that night. I'm still laughing about that poor sucker.

• Like 5

This is a story of an epic noob fail. I just started. I kind of knew what I was doing. Going through orange houses for loot finally finding a le enfield I got excited, but I know the amount of sound it creates, but still a weapon to defend myself. I go up on one of the cranes by the docks decided to go prone to get my bearings and all of a sudden glitched out and fell to my death. -_-

On a fresh life, I spawned near Balota. After raiding the warehouse for a few items, I head for the small camp with the four deer stands. I enter and begin searching the tents (before I knew these were all empty). About halfway through the tents, a maniac flies around the corner with an axe and hits me twice. I'm bleeding and running in the most evasive and unpredictable way possible. Zombies outside of the camp scream for flesh. I finally lose him and take this chance to bandage myself but by this point I'm at 2000 blood and having trouble seeing more than a few meters in front of me.

In my weakened state, I make a sprint for one of the deer stands and climb up. A Makarov with one mag! I quickly take out my new pistol, glad to finally have a weapon against the axe-weilding murderer. I stay in the deer stand for a few minutes with no activity. Suddenly, I see movement. The axe murderer is sprinting in zig zags through the tents. I squeeze off a couple rounds with my pistol but my vision and balance are so deteriorated that I certainly missed by quite a bit. Six rounds left in the Makarov. I have to get up close and personal if I want to land any shots.

I exit the deer stand without incident and start walking around the camp, checking tents and other hiding places. Everything is still blurry. Maybe my attacker has cut his losses and moved on? Less than a minute later, I hear the sound of footprints sprinting across the landscape. My head swivels around to see the dark figure approaching rapidly. At point blank range, I manage to land two pistol rounds in his chest before the axe lands squarely in my head.

The fight did not end the way I would have liked but I put up a struggle after hope was almost lost and left an injured murderer to pick up the pieces.

Today was amazing.

Me and three others were on a pitch black night time server. Three of us together while one person just stole a Ural with tons of supplies. The plan was to meet in Solnichny. I was with the group of the three and instead of trying to sneak around the city to the incoming Ural.. we decided just to run through the darkness of the city. The fact it was raining extremely hard didn't matter to us. We started to run through the city aggroing every zombie nearby. No problem as we were going to jump in the Ural and just drive away.

Now.. thirty seconds seconds later we all hear a snap. My friend just broke his leg in the middle of the city. We rush back to him and literally killed 20+ zombies. That didn't matter though as the zombies just kept coming. The guy that broke his leg was knocked out and bleeding.

Us communicating was just as hectic as the situation we were in. The driver was wondering what was going on while two of us defended a disabled person. We couldn't even see 5 feet in front of us too. Everything was black and the rain made vision even more difficult. Finally, we were the sound of a truck coming our way. It had to be our driver. Our driver quickly identified our position by the muzzle flashes of our guns. When he flipped on his headlights.. I felt the most calming feeling ever for some reason. The guy with the broken leg crawls and gets in the Ural and me and the other guy get in as well. We drive away amazed at what just happened.

• Like 1

Good stuff.

I got killed by the update today. C'est la vie.

I respawned and ran around a bit, found some low level junk, a hatchet, a makarov. But I ended up getting too injured running around axing zombies. I died and respawned at Kamarovo. As I like to do, I dropped everything on the beach...

I decided to rush Balota and see what was what.

I ran some zombies in, lost them in the trees near the control tower. Some fuckwad had but wire across the entrance. Rolling my eyes, I climbed the ladder in the side of the building. I found an m9 which is nice. I hope to find some SD Ammo for it.

Anyway, as I approached the first hanger... I see an arm on the ground holding an M14 AIM.

There was a dead guy there with the M9 and five clips as well as a belt full of gear and a pack full of oddments.

Would have been nice if it wasn't the starter pack, but still, a good start.

It was in an unknown town inland. In first person i was proning towards a house to look for valuables. To get a better overview i crouch and see one of those hoppers right next to me. It screams and runs towards me. Keeping my calm i turn around and head back to the line of trees i came from. After a little run i turn around and go prone. The Infected is directly ahead so i shot without crosshair and hit it in the leg. It drops to the ground ... we stare into each others eyes...enjoying the moment before i pull the trigger on that mindless beast it suddenly surprises me with something i didnt expect. It turns around and crawled away like a coward! I start laughing and mocking it! "Crawl back to your friends and tell em dont mess with me!"

• Like 1