wiggins

BANG I'm dead?

I've played about ten times so far; it takes about an hour to get geared up, and then "BANG" I'm dead. One shot. I never know where it came from.

I see in youtube videos and from the stories here that lots of people survive getting shot, but I never have. What's the deal? Most of the time I don't even have that much worth killing me for -- no military-grade weapons, just all the things needed to finally go harvest some animals and have a campfire. I've never survived long enough to be able to do that though ...

Thanks in advance. It's, um, kind of a drag.

• Like 2

Patience is key. If you're going to go into a town scout it out first from a distance. If you see zombies roaming around, it means there's another player close by. If there are no zombies you should be okay to loot the town providing there isn't another player scouting the same town as you. Stick to the tree's when travelling don't ever travel by road or the train tracks, that's just a death sentence. Kill any bandit you see, without question. Treat survivors with caution, they could be friendly but they could also be hostile.

Well that's everything in a nut shell. Follow this code and I guarantee you'll live longer.

• Like 1

Pretty much any rifle can one shot you, but it would most likely be someone with an as50 killing you. The as50 is relatively silent and pretty much no sound when the person killing you is 500m+ away. It happens man, you're going to die, a lot. Some server you load in and get the you are dead screen because some people like to run up and down the coast killing every new spawn. Tons of things are going to make you hate the game, but you have to get through that shit to get to the even better parts of the game.

It's someone not far away with a big sniper rifle and no balls who shot you.

Patience is key. If you're going to go into a town scout it out first from a distance. If you see zombies roaming around, it means there's another player close by. If there are no zombies you should be okay to loot the town providing there isn't another player scouting the same town as you. Stick to the tree's when travelling don't ever travel by road or the train tracks, that's just a death sentence. Kill any bandit you see, without question. Treat survivors with caution, they could be friendly but they could also be hostile.

Well that's everything in a nut shell. Follow this code and I guarantee you'll live longer.

I hope the zombies will be permanent someday, that "zombies in town = player in town" indicator sucks...

Nothing hides you more than concealment but even when you think you are concealed you might not be...

This is Dayz .....This is why we love it . ..tho the learning curve is slightly steep to begin with thats and i will say again why we love it

Check every corner ,scout every window ,sure running through town can seem a great idea to pick up gear but be aware you probably are being watched ,paranoia is good to have in Dayz ,that being said if your are being picked off by pro snipers then there is not much you can do except learn where they are sneek up behind them put some bullets in the face :P

Edited by simonjames
  • Like 3

Headshot or a .50 cal anti-material rifle.

When entering major populated areas, take the approach with the most cover, keep moving, change direction at every corner, don't stand still unless you've got cover on at least two sides, when you loot, loot fast and with your bacvk against the wall.

• Like 6

You can always join less populated servers, but yes, snipers everywhere. It's mostly because once you survive more than an hour, getting military grade 1 shot kill sniper rifles isn't all that hard. Once you get geared up there's not much left to do other than take pot shots at people; the nasty among us will shoot at players that can't shoot back. Stay away from cherno/electro?

yeah cherno/elektro are deathtraps most of the time, but if you've got the balls go for it. just dont be too surprised when you die

I'm pretty sure most of us died this way when we first started. On populated servers stay out of electro and cherno because there is mostly likely someone sitting in the hills with a sniper or someone in town looking for PvP.

Sounds like your getting sniped mate.

When you have been around a bit more you will raelise where to keep moving and where its safe.

If i ever loot barracks or somewhere that i feel a threat i always keep moving. many snipers have missed me like that.

Its hard in this game to hit a moving target 500m away.

yup, you are being caught off guard and *booom* Brain all over your nice new shoes....

Only advice i can offer is move faster in amongst cover and only stop when it is completely safe to do so...

• Like 1

Hi, anniecanoe. Sounds like you're being sniped by someone who has a military grade sniper weapon. Sometimes it is simply inevitable, and can't be avoided. Other times, I'd say the best you can do is stay alert, NEVER move in straight lines, ALWAYS try to be aware of your surroudings - are there hills in sight, or tall buildings, and can you keep a wall between you and them? If not, find another route. :thumbsup:

In my view, an hour is far too long to be in a town, especially if there are more than two or three players on the server with you. Move in, move fast and take only the essentials. You can pick up the rest on your travels.

My apologies, I've just noticed, Derpy already said similar. :thumbsup:

Edited by Sula

It's all good Sula, sound advice from you as always :D

I like to put myself in the mindset of a rat, funny as it sounds a rat never travels direct, always weaving in and out.

Sometimes thinking like the prey rather than the predator will save your skin!! Then if you feel like your balls have just been injected with steroid filled brass you can then sneak up on your campers position and kill him with an axe...

Satisfaction all round!

• Like 1

Welcome to DayZ, life death and taxes, losing your kit is one of life's cast iron guarantees.

Biggest tip I can give is, head North from new spawn. Leave the cities to the pvp guys. However get used to dying, it will happen more often than not.

Pretty soon you'll have it figured out to where it takes about 5 or 10 minutes to get acceptable gear.

For now enjoy the thrill and mystery! Read up on some of the very well written and comprehensive Tips & Tricks.

there are a lot of people camping big towns, and if it takes to you one hour to get geared, you probably loose enough blood with the zombies to die also with an enfield or a medium damage sniper rifle(they make more less 8000 damage). and sometimes you can meet someone with a duped as50 and that one shots you.

Sounds like you tried to download DayZ, the zombie game, but accidentally downloaded DayB, the bandit game, like me.

Let me know when you find the correct download link.

I've played about ten times so far; it takes about an hour to get geared up, and then "BANG" I'm dead. One shot. I never know where it came from.

I see in youtube videos and from the stories here that lots of people survive getting shot, but I never have. What's the deal? Most of the time I don't even have that much worth killing me for -- no military-grade weapons, just all the things needed to finally go harvest some animals and have a campfire. I've never survived long enough to be able to do that though ...

Thanks in advance. It's, um, kind of a drag.

Play at night on an emptyish server? Use chemlights and flares.

Dont go into Cherno or Elektro.

Ive managed to play for about a week once without ever meeting a soul, Normally by staying away from hotspots like Cherno, Elektro, Stary, NE & NW AF & Devils castle.

Theres many other towns to go, Berezinho, Polana etc :P

Play at night on an emptyish server? Use chemlights and flares.

Dont go into Cherno or Elektro.

Ive managed to play for about a week once without ever meeting a soul, Normally by staying away from hotspots like Cherno, Elektro, Stary, NE & NW AF & Devils castle.

Theres many other towns to go, Berezinho, Polana etc :P

Sounds like you tried to download DayZ, the zombie game, but accidentally downloaded DayB, the bandit game, like me.

Let me know when you find the correct download link.

Gotta love it when people say "The games broken waaaa waaaaa" when they fail to L2P it :P

Ya typical gameplay from a 12 yr old fps'er

Spawn - run to city - get shot - cry on forum - respawn - run to city - get shot - cry on forum - respawn - run to city - get shot - cry on forum the games broken :P (Tis why other games nerf their game, to stop these ppl from crying)

http://rodgerv.wordp...ferent-results/ <-- A link for these type of people :P

Edited by jaytmuk
  • Like 1