bad_mojo (DayZ)

Would you quit if servers went expert?

Why would anyone quit when servers start presenting dayz the way it should be?

I would love it. 3rd person is for noobs who want to pan the camera around corners - play some CS and learn how to peek.

Lol, it's also used by people who prefer it, for various reasons stated in this thread.

Why would anyone quit when servers start presenting dayz the way it should be?

Because no one elected you the king of "how DayZ should be", and perhaps their opinions differ from yours?

Edited by klesh

Has Rocket ever discussed his opinion on 3rd person? I'd be interested to know what he thinks about all this.

I think he suggested to tie character progression to difficulty level. One save for hardcore, one save for softcore.

dayZ first person with the occulus rift! WOO! now theres some f***in immersion for you!

• Like 1

Would I quit? No, I would fap.

I second this.

And no, I would not quit. I don't see any reason.

I mean, like I've said before I'm against dumbing down a game so if they actually were to do that I'd be mostly pleased.

it's better for firefights..to see if you are in pain,but when you have to run for a long time i like to watch the guy looking around, putting down the rifle, his funny animations when throwing stuff or bandaging, and also noticing when he starts to walk or stops sprinting on the hills..but it's almost unavoidable to exploit corners when playing in third...

We have our private hive running on MERCENARY mode already since the start, this mode is beyond EXPERT.

We love this mode, no easy stuff, just as real as it gets. We concider 3D person view as cheating since you can easily look behind walls by moving your camera pan without showing yourself to the opponent. It makes gunfights way better compared to 3D stuff.

The only problem with first person is that running will make the camera bounce, but everyone is able to disable it by turning off HEAD BOB in the game options menu.

I recommend everyone to play Expert or better. :)

Btw feel free to get yourself whitelisted on our mercenary server, just PM me if you are interrested.

Edited by GeneralMelchett

Why are people writing so much when it's a simple YES/NO question.

My answer is NO

I've never played in expert either but it wouldn't stop me playing.

Edited by ManiacMike69

no.

what i hate the most is that you can cheat with 3rd person view. looking over walls, looking inside houses, all that takes a lot of fun, excitement and realism out of the game and it starts feeling "arcadey". first person only! no sidechat! only local voicechat (~80m).

Edited by spliff

No.

It's how I play anyways. I don't necessarily think it's a good idea, but I wish more people would have the presence of mind to be okay with limiting themselves and choosing first-person servers if that's what keeping them back. Limits are what makes a game; more is not always better.

We do?

That wasn't the question.

It was directed at the notion that they should make every server expert.

Except this isn't a suggestion thread, it's a question about how you would react if they did that.

I am aware. And I was posting in reply at the notion that all servers should be switched to expert, as I've already posted about the topic's question.

Edited by Rage VG

I would LOVE it.

Although I completely agree with why people prefer third-person, as it does better depict the way our vision works in real life, the third person feature is abused and used in a way that wasn't intended. They use it to hide behind objects yet still look and survey the area, peak over the tops of walls, scan every direction while running, etc. etc. If you could modify the player view to better address this abuse of third person, I would be all for it. Until then, I would prefer first person only servers.

As long as I get some Fanta and Marshmallows for playing, sure...

Joking, most certainly bring on the challenge, if there is any...

If the crack cocaine comes in a different wrapper, would I quit? No, I'll just learn to unwrap a different twist.

You act as though any of us have a choice,

AC

personally i would love it just for the locked 3rd person alone..i find it funny that(brace for guessed statistics)

90% want the game more realistic

90% players want 3rd person

because its realistic to sit on a roof and look over the whole city as your face is in the ground and your 100% hidden.

I try to play servers that lock 3rdP but as far as aus/nz servers go there's really only ONE public server that dose that and its a unstable server at that.

If the server has 3rdP i use it and abuse it like everyone else..but i would be very happy to see it go.

I am one of these crazy guys who like to play on expert. But they are not so much liked, because of various instances:

1.) 3rd person is easymode for overwatching an area. You lie in the grass and can look around without being spotted. You can look over walls without showing yourself.

2.) No kill message: Did I hit him? Did I kill him? This is also easymode - especially for snipers. Did I kill my target in 1 mile away?

3.) No crosshair? OMG - then I have to use this ironsight! Nonono.... I want to have my counterstrike with Zeds!

Today all games are made for casual players. (I am even wondering why perma death is still inside ;) ) Everything has to be on easy mode. That is sad, but I am really lone with my opinion. Even in my clan the majority refuses to play on expert servers. But that is gaming nowadays. "Gimme phat grafix and epic l00tz but do not made it 2 hard or I will quit"

Sad, but this is the way things work out. If you want to sell a product you have to please the majority of the gamers and not the hardcore-freaks like me (and some others). I stay with DayZ for sure!