Sign in to follow this  
McK315

Day 100... What's the longest you've survived?

Logging in today I realized my character was on day 100. Never really payed any attention to how long my other characters lasted before getting nom'd on or shot. So I ask you guys some questions! How many days did your previous character last or what day are you on with your current character? Also, if you would like to share a story on how that survivor died I would love to hear it.

I had a character that had 230 days clocked on it. 78 bandit kills, 90 survivor kills. I think that's a meh IMO

12 days... until my best buddy ''accidentally'' hooked the hippie car on a concrete block and blew up.... still was funny as hell.

do you just sit in the forest or something?

No, I pretty much only play on 1 server since all my camps and vehicles are on it, and it usually has a low population (10-12 is the most I've ever seen on it). I also play at night a lot since I have NVGs and I don't think I've ever seen someone join during nighttime.

i would get so bored. I prefer to play on private hives with over 30 people so i can either bandit or help people in coast cities

what this guy said and for me and maybe just maybe over 3 and a halfs weeks at best.

Dayz = 91

I had a ghillie suit, DMR, PDW, GPS, NvG's, Tool box, all the important garbage that fills up your inventory slots and your 24-slot Backpack (Coyote).

I was so excited to login to US 3378 and begin my search for a vehicle. Heading East from NWA I decided to hit up Devils Castle and check it out, besides it was a good halfway point to bunker down and figure out the best place to find a spawned vehicle. I get to the clearing outside of the castle and -------- server restart ---------

Ok.

Login again about 5 mins. later, and I see in the bottom right of the screen "Bill Murray died"... huh? I load in and hear waves but all I see is rolling planes of grass is_this_heaven .jpeg, disconnect, re-login, load up, Setup Complete..

Bottom right of the screen I see the letters scrolling across saying: Chernarus, Day 0 Chernogorsk splashing_waves.mp3 But I still have my ghillie suit??? Press "G", nothing, no backpack, no painkillers, no flashlight, no bandages and I'm wearing clothing that screams "Kill Me!".

vehicle in the distance... sounds like... motorcycle? With nothing left to lose I jump into the street and yell "Are you heading my way stranger?" Stops. "Where are you heading?" "Devils castle" "Get on." Ten minutes of awkward silence pass after that initial burst of conversation, then he asks me why I didn't kill him and take the cycle, I explain my circumstances and promptly get laughed at.

We pull up to the clearing outside of the castle, and I direct him to the opposite side of the main gate, when we are able to see the back side of the castle I am dumbfounded, and he is laughing his ass off.

Right on top of where I had logged out when the server restarted... was a crashed helicopter. I can deal with making a mistake and getting ripped apart by the bullets of banditos, or pissing off a survivor, I wouldn't have been too greatly upset if I had been teleported to the coast by a hacker but, there it was, a helicopter "crashed" into my poor 91 day old character.

Edited by Raytheon
  • Like 1

I haven't died since June.. Not sure how long that is.

More like you haven't played since June come on people we want proof screen shot at least i find it very hard to believe with the hacking and everthig else that someone could survive that long unless you lay there and your friend brings you supplies :emptycan:

Dayz = 91

I had a ghillie suit, DMR, PDW, GPS, NvG's, Tool box, all the important garbage that fills up your inventory slots and your 24-slot Backpack (Coyote).

I was so excited to login to US 3378 and begin my search for a vehicle. Heading East from NWA I decided to hit up Devils Castle and check it out, besides it was a good halfway point to bunker down and figure out the best place to find a spawned vehicle. I get to the clearing outside of the castle and -------- server restart ---------

Ok.

Login again about 5 mins. later, and I see in the bottom right of the screen "Bill Murray died"... huh? I load in and hear waves but all I see is rolling planes of grass is_this_heaven .jpeg, disconnect, re-login, load up, Setup Complete..

Bottom right of the screen I see the letters scrolling across saying: Chernarus, Day 0 Chernogorsk splashing_waves.mp3 But I still have my ghillie suit??? Press "G", nothing, no backpack, no painkillers, no flashlight, no bandages and I'm wearing clothing that screams "Kill Me!".

vehicle in the distance... sounds like... motorcycle? With nothing left to lose I jump into the street and yell "Are you heading my way stranger?" Stops. "Where are you heading?" "Devils castle" "Get on." Ten minutes of awkward silence pass after that initial burst of conversation, then he asks me why I didn't kill him and take the cycle, I explain my circumstances and promptly get laughed at.

We pull up to the clearing outside of the castle, and I direct him to the opposite side of the main gate, when we are able to see the back side of the castle I am dumbfounded, and he is laughing his ass off.

Right on top of where I had logged out when the server restarted... was a crashed helicopter. I can deal with making a mistake and getting ripped apart by the bullets of banditos, or pissing off a survivor, I wouldn't have been too greatly upset if I had been teleported to the coast by a hacker but, there it was, a helicopter "crashed" into my poor 91 day old character.

D FUCK DID I JUST READ

MAN, SERIOUSLY, YOU NEED SOME BLESSING. WHAT A BAD LUCKY...

• Like 1

Day 28, fully geared, messing around on a server with Elektro completely blown up, try to climb into a clever ledge on the destroyed hospital, instadeath...

I had a character that had 230 days clocked on it. 78 bandit kills, 90 survivor kills. I think that's a meh IMO

It's not even been 230 days since the mod went public.

74 in 4 hours. I am around Cherno, fully kitted out with an Mk. 48. Looking to pick up a .50 cal from one of those snipers. No luck with that though :/

More like you haven't played since June come on people we want proof screen shot at least i find it very hard to believe with the hacking and everthig else that someone could survive that long unless you lay there and your friend brings you supplies :emptycan:

http://i50.tinypic.com/6zvgnk.jpg

:rolleyes:

Day 44 with my Hero on a public fucking server :ph34r: (Glovine) Gave away my NVG's and AKM to some random last night because he was playing 'what a wonderful world ' over global, funnily enough it suited dayz perfectly. Fragnito i think was the man. I was getting 12-14 odd hours a week with him but Namalsk priv hire has slowed him down.

Days= A certain amount based upon my activity within the game and how well I am at it.

The amount of days I spend with my character are astronomical, and god knows how long my character has been alive since Sandy!

23 days

played on low pop servers cus i was scared of hackers, got an as50, went to stary to snipe, logged onto a big server, got killed by a hacker

i guess itwas karma lol

My is currently 2 days old, found my first tractor just set up shot south of polana, going to get some factory parts to fix my tractor and then to Polana to find some supplies before I head more north.

I haven't done something productive like this in dayz in a long time

I think it was 31 days, when somebody with 40 days tried to kill me but I got them, only to be killed by his friend seconds later.

That was my last time trying to survive at all costs. It started getting boring around day 10, after that I just ran around with the m249 spraying as many zombies as possible for a couple weeks trying to meet people. I died with over a thousand dead zeds. Now, I just do whatever and if I'm murdered, that was the end of that story, on to the next. Once you learn to deal with zombies in any situation, there's no point trying to push the day count in my opinion. You'd just be cheating yourself out of fun times. But, I've never been one to get a thrill out of increasing a number on a computer screen, in any game I play.

Edited by bad_mojo

OP: congrats on day 100, that is quite a milestone!

I tend to make it to day 20 or so then get bored and start doing stupid things around people of questionable integrity.

154 days. Or so.

But It doesn't 'say' anything. If you don't play for months, it still shows you the days that have passed.