Sign in to follow this  
Wallace (DayZ)

Debug Monitor Gone?

Read through the Forums.

Or at least Lôôk here and there.

YES.

Strange place to ask the question anyhow.

Enable it through the ingame settings or whatnot...

You can't anymore. I think that our humanity, murders, bandit kills, and headshots should be added to the score screen.

Yeah, the only reason I really liked the debug is for seeing humanity. I really like knowing what it is. And I'm sure other survivors/ bandits/ heroes also like seeing there humanity. I've seen bandits brag about it the most.

ya I gotta be honest im VERY disapointed that humanity and bandit/survivor kills are not shown. those are very basic score keeping features that make dayz that much better.

There should be a display that shows:

Humanity:

Bandit Kills:

Murders:

Zombies killed:

Days Alive:

Edited by SKYLN

ya I gotta be honest im VERY disapointed that humanity and bandit/survivor kills are not shown. those are very basic score keeping features that make dayz that much better.

Humanity:

Bandit Kills:

Murders:

Zombies killed:

Days Alive:

This is exactly what we need!

It isn't about scores but it is nice to out do your last attempt at whatever you were trying to achieve

Whats the point of playing if theres no score? I mean have it optional but there needs to be option for it. Those who are happy without can keep happy without it. Or is the happiness from the misery of those who want it?

Whats the point of playing if theres no score?

the point is, you are supposed to play this game without knowing these values.

if you play for score, should probably stick with tetris.

dayz is about the experience, not how many headshots you place on zeds

or if you have a million negative humanity, noone actually cares.

the debug monitor is actually meant for what its name is saying: debugging.

notice how the values changed over time? it was a tool for rocket to keep track

of important values and see if the changes he made are working as expected.

i guess he kept it for internal testing, i don't think it should have ever been available

to us in the first place. now its gone and i like, though i will admit having it up there

was quite handy.

in dayz we usually don't get what we want, deal with it.

Edited by Azrail

Whats the point of playing if theres no score? I mean have it optional but there needs to be option for it. Those who are happy without can keep happy without it. Or is the happiness from the misery of those who want it?

The troll in me wants to laugh at your misery! But in all honesty I don't care if it is there for you to use. I only ever checked it to see how much I blood I had. (well since 2.6)

The troll in me wants to laugh at your misery! But in all honesty I don't care if it is there for you to use. I only ever checked it to see how much I blood I had. (well since 2.6)

This, it is hard to gauge my exact blood count often. Also, humanity was useful since a drop in humanity after shooting at someone would confirm a hit, if not kill.

Why keep score? I suppose it pisses off those heroic bandits who snipe noobs just for the kills.

Though once you are killed it would be nice for a nice summary of how many kills, days, beans eaten etc you accomplished.

• Like 3

Why keep score? I suppose it pisses off those heroic bandits who snipe noobs just for the kills.

Though once you are killed it would be nice for a nice summary of how many kills, days, beans eaten etc you accomplished.

This, just give us all our stats when we die. This is a great idea.

I miss knowing what my kills are, humanity seems to reset whenever the hell it wants so that's always been pretty useless. I guess now I'll just have to carve a notch into my desk for every poor bastard I mercilessly slaughter..... and just buy a new desk every time I die.

Humanity:

Bandit Kills:

Murders:

Zombies killed:

Days Alive:

Possibily add a "FPS: ###"

I miss knowing what my kills are, humanity seems to reset whenever the hell it wants so that's always been pretty useless. I guess now I'll just have to carve a notch into my desk for every poor bastard I mercilessly slaughter..... and just buy a new desk every time I die.

I wouldn't throw away a desk just because it had one scratch in it.

• Like 2

I wouldn't throw away a desk just because it had one scratch in it.

Buuuuurn! 3rd degree burn.

I think of the non-existence of stats as part of "anti" in anti-game. Even though I used the debug monitor to check my blood level, I'm glad it's gone. This game has broadened my mind as to what a multiplayer game can be, and I want it to be different.

Stats are in every other game, but think about it, what does all those stats really have to do with the game? I think it has more to do with the players than the game. Can't games be about more than stroking your e-peen and popcorn flick "fun"?

Also, rather than an I-win button or a boost-my-ego button or a total-badass button, this game should have a die-horribly-in-total-despair button.

• Like 1

While it's true that a debug monitor should not be a permanent feature, may I point out that this mod is still in ALPHA STAGES and removing the debug monitor just to try and be hipster and "anti-game" is utterly pointless especially since there are no "immersive" mechanics being added to show stuff like bandit kills or murders. If anything the debug monitor needs MORE information at this stage, not less.