taco241

Jump in sales?

Couldn't help notice the unique player count jumping considerably from 1,333,xxx, close to where it's been for quite a few weeks, up to 1,363,xxx.

Is this due to the patch and possibly banned player who were thinking"Fuck it, I'm gonna script and if I get banned, Standalone is around the corner anyway" coming back with new CD keys? Just my quick thought.

Maybe there was a special offer or sales initiative I'm not aware of.

30,000 is a lot of extra sales all of a sudden. And if legit buys, grosses close to $900,000 for BI. (based on steam price).

...pure speculation

Happy dayZ

Edited by taco241

I think it's an error. It jumped from 1,341,396 to 1,368,994 in 3 hours (almost 30k players). To put that into perspective, over the last couple of weeks it's usually increased by about 2 - 2.5k players per day on average.

Edited by smasht_AU

There would be no way of paying any less that about $25 for the key as all the cheap $4 are all keys which have already been in use due to them being stolen so the cd-key is already registered as a unique DayZ player. So yeah. Looks like a lot of money would have been made. Not sure why there's a sudden increase in buys.

And yes, there was a large banning wave as a few hacks for DayZ have just been patched and with that comes many GB's. But 30k is probably pushing it a little :P

I had 30k of my closest friends buy them game the other day. BI should pay me 10% of the earnings. Ok maybe im lying. :)

We noticed this too. We have known about under reporting of DayZ numbers for some time, I believe the updated release of 1.7.3 means more servers are reporting users numbers now so that 30k was a difference of those users who's server was not previously reporting.

• Like 5

We noticed this too. We have known about under reporting of DayZ numbers for some time, I believe the updated release of 1.7.3 means more servers are reporting users numbers now so that 30k was a difference of those users who's server was not previously reporting.

To have Rocket reply on your post. You should feel honoured, Taco241.

I am legitimately jealous.

• Like 4

looks legit, just the vast amount of hackers rebuying

You should probably read Rocket's post first :P

Now it's gone up to 1,429,328 :/

1,496,727 unique players right now....

come on 1.5 million ;)

Either way exciting news lots of speculation around the circumstances I see some peoples insights but numbers are numbers cheers

Edited by Steak and Potatoes

Either way exciting news lots of speculation around the circumstances I see some peoples insights but numbers are numbers cheers

Or there's just a lot of determined hackers ;)

To have Rocket reply on your post. You should feel honoured, Taco241.

I am legitimately jealous.

I love's me some Rocket, but don't get your panties all bunched ;)

• Like 1

I love's me some Rocket, but don't get your panties all bunched ;)

Now that your back my panties aint bunched there on the floor

Now that your back my panties aint bunched there on the floor

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Didn't Derpy also say it would be a struggle to reach 1.5mill when we hit the 1.3mill mark not to long ago? lol Edited by DanielTy88

2 million by standalone?

2 million by standalone?

and then we all have to buy it again when standalone is ready. Bohemia is making money here

Edited by LawsOfFire

Hello there

We don't *have* to buy it. I'm sure there'll be those who stick with the mod version. Regardless, I hate to say it, but Dayz mod was free.

Rgds

LoK

Hello there

We don't *have* to buy it. I'm sure there'll be those who stick with the mod version. Regardless, I hate to say it, but Dayz mod was free.

Rgds

LoK

ffs, everyone knows what cost what. If you didnt have Arma you had to buy it to play DayZ. DayZ is free for those with Arma. Everyone knows this.. And my understanding is that theres been significant increase of sales of Arma since DayZ came about.