BigZam

DayZ standalone version release date?

Have the devs annouunced about when the standalone version? About 3 of my friends are looking into buying arma 2 CO, but i told them to wait till the standalone..

Did they announce about when it will come out?

Before the end of the year is all they've said.

I'm sure it won't be until mid- to late December.

There are always more kinks to iron out than first anticipated and since the team hasn't commited to a date yet, I would guess they would take advantage of some extra time to keep perfecting stuff.

It's OK by me though. Taking a break from the mod and a bit of vacation will

make DayZ standalone that much nicer to come back to.

The DayZ standalone is actually in reference to our actual lives we will be living after the "end of the world" this December. Zombie apocalypse baby, are you ready? We should all meet up in Cherno and celebrate ;-)

• Like 3

21 December would actually be really fitting.

• Like 1

there doing releases like minecraft..and updating the game as it goes. they predict december but they are trying to work out the game security basiclly right now. then i hope its released :D

Latest indications hint a November release but it seems unlikely at this point.

Like they first said 'before the end of this year' so December release might be more fitting.

My fist is ready,, clutching a wad of crumpled bills,, eager to shove into the face of anyone who will Take My Money!!! :P

Oh man, why are they still going to use the arma engine, I thought that was what they were trying to brake away from.

• Like 1

Oh man, why are they still going to use the arma engine, I thought that was what they were trying to brake away from.

You're a bit late mate lol :)

One thing bothering me is they say they are going to release before year end *or atleast try* and I have not seen any gameplay or even screenshots... This worrys me because I don't want a rushed Dayz that is just as buggy and glitchy as the one we have.

If you have some links to a screenshot or video please tell me because I have searched for half a hour straight once. End of the year is coming fast.

• Like 1

There are screenshots on the developer blog and in the announcement/information forum sections :/

I predict November 26th.

Would you like to retract that prediction?

with ahrdly any news comeing out about the release date or the state of the game im wondering if this will be a possibility for this year at all

with ahrdly any news comeing out about the release date or the state of the game im wondering if this will be a possibility for this year at all

There has been lots of news.

The date has been confirmed for December.