Ranger79

Official disconnect thread

Seriously I've read through all five pages and noone has mentioned this yet: If he wants to ragequit he is goddamn well entitled to do so!

I can totally understand that someone is pissed after getting killed and immediately wants to quit the game. It's not his nor any other user's fault that his corpse is not staying for 10 more minutes on the server so that the guy who killed him can loot his stuff!

People wanting to ban other people from the whole DayZ experience for a little thing like this, should think twice before behaving like meat hungry zombies themselves..!

I say leave the log-out alone. You say its bad, but if you get yourself caught in a bullshit situation then I'm sure you would be happy to cop-out.

The bedroll idea is perfect, should definitely be implemented. Making a person stick around for two minutes, or even one minute, no matter where they log out, is a bit much, considering in that minute(or worse, two) it would be very possible for a banditard(I like that word, btw. Good one, DeadJohn) to just walk up and shoot you in the face, and next thing you know, you spawn in the middle of nowhere, or worse, on the coastline where there are sniper assholes in the cranes half the time, minus all of your gear. That's a pretty huge jump from "slightly unfair" into "Jesus that's not cool" territory.

I say leave the log-out alone. You say its bad' date=' but if you get yourself caught in a bullshit situation then I'm sure you would be happy to cop-out.

[/quote']

Yeah I'd love to. But it is bad sportsmanship and cheating so I won't do it.

The bedroll idea is great but as someone said it should also have to have a somewhat free area to put down to stop server hoppers. Though I would like it if it was a little smaller then what the fireplace needs since i would like to be able to log out in the forest, where I feel it is safe to log on again.

I say leave the log-out alone. You say its bad' date=' but if you get yourself caught in a bullshit situation then I'm sure you would be happy to cop-out.

[/quote']

Im pretty sick of hearing this "you would too" argument. No we fucking wouldnt.

I dont, and many others dont...I know because ive shot at them. The only people who do are the people who are looking to cut corners in the dayz experience.

Agreeing with Griff here. Anyone that actually likes this mod, and enjoys playing it, wouldn't be so chickenshit as to ragequit over dying. The only reason I could see it being okay is if you get spawn-camped, as happens quite often on the coastline.

But in that case, if you just spawned, and got killed, it's a lot faster to just roll another character than quit the game, restart, then log back in, so anyone that does that may as well be allowed to, since all they're depriving their killer of is the gear everyone starts with, assuming the person even goes to get it, which is almost never.

What I think is worse is that you have recorded this and tried to get someone banned for it. You deserve a ban more than he does.

How do you know his internet didn't cut off or something like that?

Please don't turn this community into minecraft where kids actively search for people to dob into the server admins.

yes there's no reason to start a witch hunt just get over it and move on

Its all fine and well asking for a fix to be put in place like a 20 second timer or what ever but what we should be asking is if this is even possible within the confines of the game engine?

Remember the mod is built in arma 2 which has never ever needed such a feature nor I doubt was it even thought of during the development of the game. Unless the guys at BI are going to patch in something to support this all our rants and raves to have this added in may be nothing short of pointless.

Of course I could be wrong but bear this in mind when asking for measures to be put in place no matter how frustrating it is in the meantime.

This was suggested in the suggested area' date=' but I'd like to reiterate.

A player (tkgwheeler) had the idea to have a "bedroll logout." Essentially, you have to spend fifteen seconds laying out a bedroll in order to log out. Failing to do so will leave you suspended in the server for one minute unprotected.[/quote']

+1 this idea. Every single online game with any sense of a persistent world that has come out for the past decade has a logout timer or learned quickly by launch that they need one. This idea adds the needed mechanic AND fits the game.

I agree with herr robert. 20 seconds seems like a little too long. 5 or even 3 would be more reasonable considering the firefights in this game usually last a matter of seconds and the chasing player/zombie could easily kill you in 5 seconds.

This is simply chickenshit activity.

And I facepalmed at the suggestions "Maybe his computer shut off..."

Bullshit. Utter bullshittery. He ALT-F4'd to save his loot. Like a bitch.

This dick should be banned.

This is simply chickenshit activity.

And I facepalmed at the suggestions "Maybe his computer shut off..."

Bullshit. Utter bullshittery. He ALT-F4'd to save his loot. Like a bitch.

This dick should be banned.

Amen to that.

trance, probably a bad idea, considering a moderator has already said it's against the rules, and that you will be banned if you do it.

It's frowned upon, it's against the rules, but a video of one guy doing it isn't going to change anything. There are many players that do this as a rule of practice and a grey area because there are no rules for servers themselves... some servers specifically ban for it, others do not *say* they do so some players feel justified in using it on those servers.

I DO like the "player must lay out a bedroll" before logging out idea. There are pages of posts about this problem and what do with it but that's the first one that came with something to visualize. Here is to hoping rocket finds the time to code something along these lines.

It's frowned upon' date=' it's against the rules, but a video of one guy doing it isn't going to change anything. There are many players that do this as a rule of practice and a grey area because there are no rules for servers themselves... some servers specifically ban for it, others do not *say* they do so some players feel justified in using it on those servers.

I DO like the "player must lay out a bedroll" before logging out idea. There are pages of posts about this problem and what do with it but that's the first one that came with something to visualize. Here is to hoping rocket finds the time to code something along these lines.

[/quote']

Since you're a moderator and have the direct ability to speak to Rocket (and the dev team), can you please let him/them know of this "logout timer" idea (in case he hasn't read this thread for himself)?

This suggestion is obviously getting tons of support.

This has happened to me over 10 times now..

People that have actually FIRED ON ME!.. which I have got the upper hand on.. They have disconnected, in the middle of a gun fight, Leaving me bleeding, and them disconnected with their loot. :@:@:@:@

the lowest type of asshattery, dickhead-ness I could imagine..

THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED BEFORE RELEASE, PLEASE ROCKET!

If one logs out simple freeze his character for 30s. In this 30s he can be attacked, looted, whatever. A shorter duration is too short for the surviver to loot the body.

It's not a big deal logging out in a safe place.

Well something needs to be done about this. We obviously can't put faith in that players will follow the rules. Because there is always a certain % that cheat.

I think the fact that you can just log off when your in trouble destroys the illusion of it trying to be a survival game.

Things need to be changed so that if you disconnect your character will still be on the server for 30 seconds.

That way you can't just leave when zombies or bandits are about to kill you.

^completely agree.. I just lost all of this: http://puu.sh/v1sA

was I gutted? Yes.... most stuff I've ever collected, but my heart was racing, adrenalin pumping and balls tingling(lol) when I was running for my life trying to make it into the forest before getting shot in the back of the head...

People who DC are completely negating the whole point of the game and what makes it so great... Retards like that Tonic guy who openly admits it.. It's just such a pathetic/sad thing to do. I'd hate to know these types of people IRL. Slimy characters

There needs to be some kind of serverside script that even if someone alt+F4's their character will still be there, standing still or something..I'm sure people would go as far as unplugging their modem too. There must be server side stuff you can do to stop people from being able to do it.. I know nothing about it so I'm just being ignorant.. But yeah. There must be no?

^completely agree.. I just lost all of this: http://puu.sh/v1sA

was I gutted? Yes.... most stuff I've ever collected' date=' but my heart was racing, adrenalin pumping and balls tingling(lol) when I was running for my life trying to make it into the forest before getting shot in the back of the head...

People who DC are completely negating the whole point of the game and what makes it so great... Retards like that Tonic guy who openly admits it.. It's just such a pathetic/sad thing to do. I'd hate to know these types of people IRL. Slimy characters

There needs to be some kind of serverside script that even if someone alt+F4's their character will still be there, standing still or something..I'm sure people would go as far as unplugging their modem too. There must be server side stuff you can do to stop people from being able to do it.. I know nothing about it so I'm just being ignorant.. But yeah. There must be no?

[/quote']

You have a coyote rucksack but only a Winchester? O_o

What sorcerery is this :D

lol what do you mean?

Coyotes are like mega rare nowadays ^^

And Winchesters are found in the thousands.