Anyx7

Do you play alone occasionally?

Currently I've only been playing alone...I seem to survive longer. It's also easier for me. Although I may not have the extra firepower...I'm adaptable.

But sometimes it gets lonely. Really lonely, especially when everyone on the server is relatively a fresh spawn, and thus no one is up north where I am...

I think I might go and look for a partner sooner or later.

Edited by Inception.

I play alone because it's the only time where I can fuck around and act like a jackass.

Playing with others can prove difficult, especially when trying to find each other, making sure that won't be the last mistake you make.

I find that even when I play alone I always end up with a group if it be I'm held hostage or running with people on vendettas.

Unfortunately, I only play alone now a days. I used to play with a possee of 6 people, that eventually died down and we all began playing other games, including myself actually, so now whenever I play DayZ I'm a loner.

I play alone because the character i am playing doesn't enjoy the company of others and suffers from hysterical paranoia to the point he must gun down anything that moves in his direction.

I play alone because the character i am playing doesn't enjoy the company of others and suffers from hysterical paranoia to the point he must gun down anything that moves in his direction.

Deep breaths

I prefer to gear up alone because it means I can run through Cherno with 0 f*cks given and just laugh if I die. You don't have that luxury if you're gearing up with a friend. So I meet them later somewhere up north.

Most of the servers I knew people on were shut down sucks balls cause there were some chill peeps. I normally just lone wolf it in cherno or elektro looking for stuff to do.

Thanks for all the answers! When you guys play alone, what do you do for having most fun and surviving best?

I always play alone, unless someone finds me dead to rights, and talks instead of shoots. I'll team up for a bit then.

My play style is:

1. Find Weapon

2. Find Player

3. Take Player Gear

4. Loot Buildings

5. Maybe Find Player

6. Maybe Take Gear

Once I feel I have all the gear i want, I do my best to lose it so i can start over. This usually involves actively hunting other armed players, the more the better. My favorite part of this game is "Fuck it, there's three guys with rifles, I'll go die now..." "Holy shit I'm still alive."

If I don't get that pleasure, I get the pleasure of starting over...

• Like 1

I play alone, I usually play as Medic, Vehicle Mechanic or Taxi Driver depending on what map and only if they have side chat enabled. No side chat, and its just Running around enjoying he scenery.

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

Play alone always. Camo clothing, axe, food, drink, meds and tools. Nothing else. Having a weapon is just a bullet magnet. Whenever I see somebody close up it never turns into a firefight, guess maybe because i'm unarmed, but the other night I ran into a bandit with a M4A1 Holo in the forest. We ran around a tree several times like in scooby doo, changed direction, ran around some more, changed direction, then stopped eventually and just looked at each other. No talking, no nothing. I lowered my axe and backed away slowly behind the tree again, I waited, and waited... when I went around the tree he had logged out. I had to go outside for a run to get rid of the adrenaline after that little encounter.

I've been KoSed way more by normal skinned players than by bandits.

Of the last five encounters with bandit skinned people, only one has shot me on sight. The rest all shouted friendly and we chatted for a bit or gave each other blood transfusions.

Very rarely have I ever had an encounter with a normal skinned person go beyond shoot first.

I live by the EVE standard on this one. I play alone, but when my friends are on we play together, we share a common camp so it's nice to have options. (oh ya: The Eve standard is: If you can't drive to the persons house and punch them in the face, don't trust em, and even if you can drive to their house and punch them in the face....)

I mostly play alone. I don't have anyone to play with on a regular basis. But when I do play with others, it's mostly screwing around, which breaks the awesome atmosphere.

When I play alone, I like to wander the coastline in search of fresh spawns. When I find one, I tell them I'm friendly and that I have some useful gear for them. Then I shoot them in the legs, bandage them so they don't bleed out, tell them to have a nice crawl, and play the trololol song into my mic as I stroll away, completely satisfied.

True story.

I always play alone, first i seek for a weapon, and then i go to cherno or elektro for a shootout to get a better weapon, so far it has always ended up in me getting shot before i can flee the city.

I always play alone, first i seek for a weapon, and then i go to cherno or elektro for a shootout to get a better weapon, so far it has always ended up in me getting shot before i can flee the city.

This is sorta the plan I outlined above, and it seems to work well for me. Two things I always do, is if I hear AS50 fire nearby I don't enter town. If my initial contact is successful, and I loot my prizes from another player, I find some good cover and stay put for about 10 minutes. Most players in this game aren't patient, so one of two things happen. They either assume I've escaped or logged out, or they try to move in on me and give away their advantage.

How about exploring? Do you guys only find yourself in the cities, or do you go other places aswell?

(I find it boring running for a long time and going around small houses and trying to find stuff when there's so much in the cities)

How about exploring? Do you guys only find yourself in the cities, or do you go other places aswell?

(I find it boring running for a long time and going around small houses and trying to find stuff when there's so much in the cities)

That's why the alternate maps come into play, like Namalsk, Panthera, Lingor, they're new and exciting compared to the original environment of Chernarus. But I guess you could say I'm a bit of an explorer on DayZ in general. I try to meet a lot of people in-game and help them through their journies. I get to travel to multiple towns in vehicles a lot, search for the benefiting crashed heli's and clan tents, set up camp sites with people, view scenery and get to know the survivors I'm with, and just have fun. That's what video games are about right? I'm not playing this game to just get aggravated at every glitch death or each time I'm murdered, I play it to enjoy its atmosphere it gives off and survive with some really cool people. Playing this game alone isn't anywhere as entertaining as it would be with others around. And believe me, being a bandit isn't going to get you any favorable reputations, so don't expect random survivors in game to trust you with a shemagh around your head.

I play alone, most of the time. Mainly because I can't seem to find a decent band of UK survivors to team up with, but playing alone is a bit frustrating at time. It'd be nice to be covered, or do joint scavange runs and that..

I only play with one or two friends on DayZ, we sometimes play together, but hardly ever....

I sometimes prefer Solo, because it's harder to get detected, and you don't need to confirm if it's another person you're shooting at...

All depends on the mood I'm in...

Bad moods:

Solo

Good mood:

Solo/Team

I play with a group but there are times I like playing to myself, if you ask do I prefer to ride a vehicle with my buddies or walk on foot, I go on foot, for two reasons less likely to be shot, less likely to be killed by our vehicles driving skills. No offense Kaptn. lol

I play with a group but there are times I like playing to myself, if you ask do I prefer to ride a vehicle with my buddies or walk on foot, I go on foot, for two reasons less likely to be shot, less likely to be killed by our vehicles driving skills. No offense Kaptn. lol

^This. xD

Try having your driver enhance his ability at the wheel. I know Arma's original controlling of vehicles can be... challenging, but there's always a way of mastering controls. Its necessary for a person like "Kaptn" to be trusted to transport you guys and bring you where you wanna go. And its also important that you build that group strong. Always be generous to your group. Appreciate that you have friends to go with you on your travels throughout Chernarus and DayZ.