Sumrak

DayZ: Namalsk

I've got a question regarding the animals.

Am I only one having problems with the meat? I haven't got any problems looting them on any other map, but on EVERY Namalsk server, I'm not even allowed to enter the gearmenu.

me and my friends never had problems with meet and animals or player loot.

DayZ Namalsk is still in its development phase, as you can see, currently it is in 0.73 version, so we have still long way before 1.00, currently I would like to synchronize the next release with the 1.7.5 DayZMod release. There are already plenty of things waiting ;)

nice to hear, cant wait for new features;)

Edited by garack

I don't even understand this. Sumrak could add zombie grizzly bears, sharks, pond piranhas and mormon missionaries to Namalsk and if the survival aspect was still there I'd still play it. BS and EVR add new environmental challenges, and frankly, the DayZ formula could benefit from legitimately dangerous challenges other than other players.

I'm sorry that not everyone shares your vision for impossibly hard survival simulator 2012.

DayZ just isn't going in that direction, I'm afraid to say. Otherwise Rocket would have done it sooner.

I think you're missing the point of a game though. Seriously, it's meant for fun.

Standard DayZ Namalsk is great, it's the Bloodsucker I loathe, they are stupid, childish, dumb, patheric creations that have no place in DayZ, they totally ruin the game. They need to be removed.

No they shouldent be removed. Have you even played the Namalsk Mission? If not then you should not open your gob, blood suckers are part of Namalsk as is the EVR you don't like it play on a server with both of them disabled there are plenty out there.

But ffs stop whining about features that can be disabled by Server Admins.

well, today four BS just popped up in one of the western barracks and knocked me unconcious when I wanted to leave it...

there was neither roaring nor footsteps before <_<

Thats unfortunate for you, I've only ever seen one at the western barracks and I did say that was my experience, but remember blood suckers can be taken from location to location and set on survivors. Just yesterday I took one from A2 to Sebjan Dam where I was able to get rid of him on two survivors having a shoot out :).

You could always ask the server admin to lower the spawn chance of them for you if it's getting to tough.

• Like 1

Well he's right.. bloodsuckers and those rifles coming from halo and alien are childish, ruining any "original/genuine" dayz mood, basically they are made for those 12yo kids screaming: "loooooooook!! A MONSTER!!! bang bang bang" .. luckily they provided a way to remove em, and in fact most of the succesfull Namalsk servers doesn't have any BS (acronym for BloodSuckers or even BullShit) and NVR.

It's not a matter of making it harder/easier to play.. none is afraid to die in a videogame lol, it's a matter of atmosphere: most of us "old players" have started dayz because of a survival zombies realistic (whenever you can call zombies "realistic") experience, we play (i host) Namalsk because it's a nice map, to give ppl an althernative to Chernarus (and other great maps), not to find aliens and other shit.. otherwise we'll go play another game rather than this. :)

He's not right!

And why are you still whining about features that you as a server admin can disable???? Troll much?

I'm an old player and I love the new additions to Namalsk, it's the only Dayz map I play now as the rest are just too damn easy and boring. Zombies are a bloody joke and no threat at all. At least blood suckers present a challenge unlike patheic zombies.

Add in the EVR and now pvp encounters take on a whole new meaning.

Personally I love it and look forward to more updates great work Sumrak.

p.s Sumrak don't thinkt the gauss is spawning on 0.73. I've yet to see one or anybody from our community and I regularly be in the bunker at A2 where it used to spawn on 0.60

Edited by trichome
  • Like 2

You don't know what incoherent means do you?

I'm sorry that not everyone shares your vision for impossibly hard survival simulator 2012.

DayZ just isn't going in that direction, I'm afraid to say. Otherwise Rocket would have done it sooner.

I think you're missing the point of a game though. Seriously, it's meant for fun.

The EVR and BS, they don't make it hard, they make it interesting. They're just additional considerations you have to plan for. One of the funnest firefights I ever had was against two assholes and five bloodsuckers, so I don't know what you're talking about that it's all of a sudden not fun.

p.s Sumrak don't thinkt the gauss is spawning on 0.73. I've yet to see one or anybody from our community and I regularly be in the bunker at A2 where it used to spawn on 0.60

I'm pretty sure that barracks spawn coyote patrol packs when they're supposed to spawn Coyote backpacks as well, because they seem to have the .09% rate, and I haven't seen a coyote backpack in weeks.

Edited by sp86

I think you're missing it as well. Seriously, it's meant for fun.

He's not right!

And why are you still whining about features that you as a server admin can disable???? Troll much?

I can say the opposite: you can leave it enabled! So there's no point to post here (in both ways).

Then why we're talking (writing) here? It must be because this is a forum....

I can say the opposite: you can leave it enabled! So there's no point to post here (in both ways).

Then why we're talking (writing) here? It must be because this is a forum....

Because there are people whining to Sumrak to disable it for everyone.

He's not right!

I'm an old player and I love the new additions to Namalsk, it's the only Dayz map I play now as the rest are just too damn easy and boring. Zombies are a bloody joke and no threat at all. At least blood suckers present a challenge unlike patheic zombies.

Add in the EVR and now pvp encounters take on a whole new meaning.

Personally I love it and look forward to more updates great work Sumrak.

This ^^ 100% Agree , i think gauss is very very rare..

This ^^ 100% Agree , i think gauss is very very rare..

Stated spawn rate is .09% which is 1 in 1111.111... which is the same as Coyote backpacks, NVGs, Rangefinders, GPS, Barretts, and a bunch of other crap.

Stated spawn rate is .09% which is 1 in 1111.111... which is the same as Coyote backpacks, NVGs, Rangefinders, GPS, Barretts, and a bunch of other crap.

Yuppo, the type of tools that anyone has on DayZ (for whatever reason.. hacking.. legit.. no matters.. they are there). So leaving ER7 "on", is dumb: half of your server users (regular players) will collect it withing a week.

Yuppo, the type of tools that anyone has on DayZ (for whatever reason.. hacking.. legit.. no matters.. they are there). So leaving ER7 "on", is dumb: half of your server users (regular players) will collect it withing a week.

Several conventional duping methods have been addressed, the rest seem to require two people. I doubt your fears are justified, even if they are, if it became a problem you could run an inventory wipe.

Edited by sp86

There are 2 spots on the whole island, where the gauss rifle can spawn. Both are located inside A2 and have confirmed loot spawn working. The problem is that those locations are objects too - objects defined with 20% loot spawn chance, 1 loot spot and having similar loot table like the underground objects, but the only difference is that gauss rifle. Having a big loot table on one lootspot and 20% loot spawn chance can have a pretty serious impact on the spawn of the one exact item. Not to mention when you have now chance to disable the gauss rifle spawn entirely, the weapon itself can be pretty hard to find (between non-cheating players of course).

• Like 1

Well I was thinking the same at first, but actually it went surprisingly well. I've seen/heard a railgun only twice despite playing a lot on Namalsk previously. And there were lots of AS50s/M107s, because they are so much easier to find or farm. It seems that most duping methods are blocked now.

Well I was thinking the same at first, but actually it went surprisingly well. I've seen/heard a railgun only twice despite playing a lot on Namalsk previously. And there were lots of AS50s/M107s, because they are so much easier to find or farm. It seems that most duping methods are blocked now.

You also have the same old shenanigans of people spawning them in.

This is not true, we've had the gauss enabled since 0.60 came out and our server is not full of gauss guns. There's none I know cause I check the db all the time to examine player inventories when I'm checking for script kiddies.
  • Like 1

You must be very lucky guys.. it must be because i run one of the most used Namalsk server and the number of cheaters/dupers/script kids is incredible high.. the first thing that i had to do was to disable the ER7, and even now there's time to time some idiot that spawn it via script.. luckily i can identify em pretty easy now!

even the probably best zombie survival story out there "Day by Day Armageddon" uses some alien stuff...just wanted to say...

what is the link to download this map and how do I install correctly?

I'm struggling!

Use dayz commander... its easier than explaining ;) But the first post has links to sumraks site, and the download links. And installing tthis way is still pretty simple(if i recall correct, yah just extract zip to OA, and it creates correct folders, then just enable mod, through yah launcher, or by editing yah start up parameters... its just easier to use commander.)

• Like 1

Here's one clear installation guide (from zero to 0.73)

http://dayzmod.com/f...40#entry1010603

Basically it's just installing Namalsk crisis + latest 0.73 version which also includes pathfinder update. Depends on your launcher option how you activate the mod.

Commanders and such "easy" installations tend to be slow when new updates come. Manual installation is both easy and fast way to play.

Edited by Kuikka
  • Like 2

Loved this map

is simply FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

:beans: :beans: :beans:

Ps: taking out the bugs that have the map is perfect!

Edited by ramonsantospinto

Here's one clear installation guide (from zero to 0.73)

http://dayzmod.com/f...40#entry1010603

Basically it's just installing Namalsk crisis + latest 0.73 version with also includes pathfinder update. Depends on your launcher option how you activate the mod.

Commanders and such "easy" installations tend to be slow when new updates come. Manual installation is both easy and fast way to play.

Not all Namalsk servers update immediately to the latest version - many will hang back for a bit to see if there's any issues. Also in DayZCommander for instance, when filtering for servers be mindful of the beta version installed - It will be clearly listed as 'version' in it's listing. Ours is currently at 98866 but the latest one is 100296. Sometimes using offset versions work, other times not. DayZCommander gives you the flexiblity to change versions a lot more easily than doing it manually, certainly for a newer player.

Edited by SAL_iOGC

Any news about the animals? I've seen you posting about that, Sumrak. And I've seen, that I'm not the only one experiencing this.

I might give it a try frapsing it the next time I come across an animal.