Sign in to follow this  
jamestrendall

Who would like to see the map Chernobyl, Ukraine on DayZ?

If i wanted to play Stalker then i would, lets find some new ideas instead

I wish they had locale maps like uk and usa etc etc so we could play on other countries set-ups just by logging onto their servers, but the internet is not a forgiving animal and the ping would be a killer

Totally agree, and anyhow, the area of pripyat is almost locked up for decades now, there wouldn't be much people a.k.a. Zombies in the area, just a few locals and the workers of the CPP.

Also, you don't have to wear a gas mask there, it's not like there is radioactiv dust all over the place, there is even some tourism tours into the zone.

Let's make some maps of more common areas like some small english(thinking of the 28-movies) or scottish(doomsday anyone?) citys and landscapes.

Also some american small towns(like the one in "the crazys"-the newer version of it or somehow the citys of romero's great movies)....i even could imagine some french or german landscapes....or italian alpine towns.

New maps? Why not getting away from the "russian" setting a little bit?

Hey up,

To reheat this discussion, I am in the process of creating a STALKER based map right now.

It is going to be Chernarus sized, and will take cues from the Stalker games and will feature 100% custom content.

Please feel free to read the thread about it here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?142308-Large-S-T-A-L-K-E-R-inspired-Island

And here's the direct link to my dev blog:

http://meshcarver.blogspot.com/

Please feel free to leave comments or crits guys and gals..! :)

Marc

• Like 1

The zone belongs to stalker and it wouldn't work if its a ghost town there would be no one there so why would zombies be there?

james I swear if you get someone to develop this map and get it on commander I will bow down to you this is the perfect map for dayz with the big apartment complexes and the power plant being a mile away from pripyat,it would be great for sniping and ambushing people if you could get on top of the big apartments,there should be like some barracks around the power plant when they had to evacuate all the workers from the factory or something,this map would really have a good vibe to it,just please get this to a dev or something this map would be awesome dude.oh and if they set checkpoints all around the map when evacuating the people and there would be more barracks then and military tents etc. just my opinion.

Totally agree, and anyhow, the area of pripyat is almost locked up for decades now, there wouldn't be much people a.k.a. Zombies in the area, just a few locals and the workers of the CPP.

Also, you don't have to wear a gas mask there, it's not like there is radioactiv dust all over the place, there is even some tourism tours into the zone.

Let's make some maps of more common areas like some small english(thinking of the 28-movies) or scottish(doomsday anyone?) citys and landscapes.

Also some american small towns(like the one in "the crazys"-the newer version of it or somehow the citys of romero's great movies)....i even could imagine some french or german landscapes....or italian alpine towns.

New maps? Why not getting away from the "russian" setting a little bit?

ye dude I like your ideas but Chernobyl could really have good potential just think about it.

Posted this in the other thread as well...I've already made the satmap and heightmap for Pripjat..it is a 20,480 x 20,480 km map based completely on real world data. The inner playable part is around 16,5 km x 16,5 km and 100 % based on the real thing the outer map is inspired by the real region data but mainly woods for lod and gameplay reasons. Texture map , road map and forest masks will be worked on later on this year as well.

cheers :-)

• Like 1

Edited for poor information

Edited by Krobar

let stalker be stalker and dayz be dayz. chernobyl-chernogorsk ;) anyone noticed similarities? the area of cherno is just too much clichee for me, besides that what would it offer more than chernarus? a nuclear power plant? radiation? to wear gasmasks?

let stalker be stalker and dayz be dayz. chernobyl-chernogorsk ;) anyone noticed similarities? the area of cherno is just too much clichee for me, besides that what would it offer more than chernarus? a nuclear power plant? radiation? to wear gasmasks?

as I said I've made the map already ..it has nearly the same seize as charnarus but no coast..no moutains..no airfields but a lot of waterways (lake river swamps) industrial areas, the entire city of pripjat etc

• Like 1

as I said I've made the map already ..it has nearly the same seize as charnarus but no coast..no moutains..no airfields but a lot of waterways (lake river swamps) industrial areas, the entire city of pripjat etc

open google maps: enter chernogorsk and then go into the east till you reach the river, then tell me what you see.

something like this would be absolutely magnificient!

Edited by joe_mcentire

The coast of Chernarus is based off of a river, they decided to make it a sea instead of a river so that the map had a reasonable edge instead of plains all around.

Theres a Mod for Arma 2 called conspiracies rising dead that has already a Chernobyl Map along with its story. Video and link to the modpage on armaholic . Maybe permission from creator can be obtained to use it in DayZ .

http://www.armaholic...ge.php?id=17753 Edited by Moxyz1

Theres a Mod for Arma 2 called conspiracies rising dead that has already a Chernobyl Map along with its story. Video and link to the modpage on armaholic . Maybe permission from creator can be obtained to use it in DayZ .

http://www.armaholic...ge.php?id=17753

no need for a rush since full moding support for DayZ SA will not be avaible for a long time

Most areas would not require a gas mask or NBC suit, but some would. I'm pretty sure there aren't any NBC suits lying around Chernobyl, and any gas mask filters that may be there are long expired.

Perhaps the backstory could be the military went in to the area, tried to clear it, but got quickly overwhelmed by the infection.

no need for a rush since full moding support for DayZ SA will not be avaible for a long time

Thats true , but it was the current mod we have i was referring to seeing as though we have so many other Maps already that have been made to work with the existing DayZ mod , Namalsk was originally made for Arma2 as addon Campaign ( Namalsk Crisis) very like STALKER and that works fine. The Chernobyl Mod i linked to in my last post even has a : Weather-Module 1.0 (selfmade simple weatherchanging script) . The OP asked about Cherobyl in DayZ and i rememberred this mod from a long time ago.