Taiphoz

worst mechanic..

God this was such a rant I had to delete the post and start over... I am just going to jump right to the TLDR..

I spawn as far from my body EVERY TIME, its breaking my love the game, our base is south of the map, today our base was under attack by another clan, something we relish, and while they die, and my fellow clan mates die and spawn in really close, when I die, I 8/10 will spawn as far away as is possible for the given map.

I actually sat down with a pen n paper and took note of my deaths, and 8 out of 10 spawn points were over 5k from where I died, and since where I died was with clan mates during a war it makes and made re-entering the battle almost impossible.

The final straw for me came today, after defending base for over an hour with a full on attack, I get that inevitable bullet to the head, and I as expected spawn 6.5k from the fight, this might not sound all the far but the map this time was Panthera so yeah in terms of travel time its probably more like 12k and thats in a straight line, so I get about half way back when a zombie rambo hits me, knocks me out and I die, BAM, back to where I was but this time a little further away, this goes on for nearly 3 hours I think I died another two times one from a player who noob stomped me and the other from another rambo zombie that just seemed to not want to go the fuck away regardless of the number of tree's and houses I ran through.

In short, I miss out on 3 hours worth of clan warfare during which time I am doing nothing but frantically trying to get back into the fight, I miss out on all of the action, feel like I have just pissed away 3 hours of my life and feel like shit because my clan really needed the help and the game just fucking refused to spawn me a reasonable distance away.

This mechanic needs a total overhaul, i'm not sure I really have a solution that would please everyone, and I know nothing will be done in the mod, but I do have a few suggestions which I think would make things better, now bare in mind I didnt come here to suggest something I came to moan about something I think is broken in the game in the hope that the devs listen, but to quell those who will reply with "if you think its broken suggest a fix" I will skim over some possible solutions.

Taken from mine craft /set home , allow a player to set a home location, this location would then be used during respawn and the player would spawn anywhere within 500 meters on their home, this would allow clans to set home on their base, and when they die they would spawn anywhere in the area with 500 or hell even 1000 meters.

it needs fixed either way I am sick of being that unlicky fuck thats always spending hours in the game just trying to get back into the fucking fight or just trying to get back to their friends.

There's a game out there that lets you respawn on your squadmates-it might be more your speed.

Just sayin'

• Like 5

My personal opinion is that you are doing it wrong. Death is supposed to be avoided. If you spawn right back in next to your body then where is the motivation to survive? I don't understand why so many people try to play this zombie mod like it's a team death match. There are plenty of games that do that and allow you to spawn right back with weapons and everything. Why not go play those?

• Like 6

Where it your base and how many spawn locations are close by?

This is the TL;DR version? Wut?

This game was not designed so you could just run to a certain direction to get gear if you die. You are supposed to gather stuff if you respawn. Does "oh I died I'll just run back to my corpse" make any sense in a "zombie survival simulator"?

I am sick of being that unlicky fuck thats always spending hours in the game just trying to get back into the fucking fight or just trying to get back to their friends.

Did it take you long to work out this random spawn thing ? Trying not to come off like a jerk here..but really ?

I've been told there is a better way to go about gaming which is not to be murdered. When old grim comes knocking best to take cover and fight him off best you can.

Id normally say go play another game like every one else.

But I would like to say, If you could set up a home base, which could be only set once per life, at a camp that had a fireplace, which i think sounds kinda balenced, so you could spawn anywhere in a 500m radius from that point.

That would be a nice feature, although death is something to avoid, yeah. Im not saying its something that "HAS TO BE ADDED OR ILL QUIT" its just something which would be nice to have when workign with a team/clan.

On the flip side, i will also say, the one life rule is what makes the game. being abel to run back and then have the flank on the enemy is just unfair as you will get on their flank by default. So you are forced to use mroe team tactics than anything else.

In any other game I might agree with this.

However I see DayZ as being the anti-game.

Thus when you die it sucks. Sucks bad. Not kinda sucks like respawn near your stuff and get it back type of sucks... but super sucky, like dont die ever type of sucks.

You are choosing to get into battles and you are simply suffering the consequences.

• Like 1

Oh no Taiphoz is making a complaint thread!?(or post) not again errr I mean this is a first! Maybe DayZ isn't the game for you. If you spent 1/2 the time you spend trying to change the feel of this game, and used it to find one your speed maybe we'd all be happy!

I know that feel OP. But, you got killed, who is to blame for that but yourself? The only time I rage is when I get killed by an environmental thing like a ladder or something. You engaged in combat and lost, that's dayz man. I've sworn this game off for a few days and come back because every time I die in combat I say "Shit I should've taken a better position" or "I really should have waited to go into that location." The random times you get shot in the back of the head too... that's the way it is, it would happen in a true apocalypse.

I play the game like you too OP, I have clan mates that will load each other's stuff into a vehicle and make sure we can get it back if possible but on the other hand, death is supposed to make you cringe, and that it definitely does :)

Oh no Taiphoz is making a complaint thread!?(or post) not again errr I mean this is a first! Maybe DayZ isn't the game for you. If you spent 1/2 the time you spend trying to change the feel of this game, and used it to find one your speed maybe we'd all be happy!

You realize by your response you bump this guy's thread right? Get a life.

You realize by your response you bump this guy's thread right? Get a life.

Oh wow! You sir are a genius! I thought my commenting on a habitual whiner's thread would cause it to fall off the forums! Thank you Professor Obvious I have been schooled properly. I know now never post in threads I don't agree with!

I had a life once...

I lived happily under my bridge, where every day was a fine day. I would stop the children who tried to cross my bridge, forcing them to answer a riddle or be eaten. Oh how those children objected, "its not fair!" they cried.

Then it happened! Someone of power screamed "enough!", See for they did not relish in the tears of whiners as I did. They submitted to the crying hordes and tore down my bridge. Now in it's place is a rainbow filled candy tunnel, where all the children run and play without a worry! Mocking me in that joyless void. I moved on you see, I did not cry, I did not whine, I just left!

I moved quietly in here and to my surprise! I found those tears flowed in abundance unprovoked. Ah yes my children I once more have a happy life! I pray those in power never scream "Enough" again.

Edited by Pendragon
  • Like 3

this is the guy that wanted the sniper rifles damage tables boosted and other BF3 style stuff yeah?

@OP, have you tried that game mate? Sound like your clan might have more fun with your own server for that.

In my opinion if you die in DAYZ, it's practically game over. You respawn it's a new game.

The luck you have so you can find your dead body and continue with all your stuff doesn't make it a continue of the game.

You fucked up, you died, try again.

• Like 3

Id normally say go play another game like every one else.

But I would like to say, If you could set up a home base, which could be only set once per life, at a camp that had a fireplace, which i think sounds kinda balenced, so you could spawn anywhere in a 500m radius from that point.

That would be a nice feature, although death is something to avoid, yeah. Im not saying its something that "HAS TO BE ADDED OR ILL QUIT" its just something which would be nice to have when workign with a team/clan.

On the flip side, i will also say, the one life rule is what makes the game. being abel to run back and then have the flank on the enemy is just unfair as you will get on their flank by default. So you are forced to use mroe team tactics than anything else.

Perma-death. You shouldn't be able to do anything that will influence the life of your next character.

• Like 2

Hello there

Whilst not trying to vilify you I must agree with the sentiments in most of the above posts.

Combat is an awful thing and death tends to be quite a final affair, I try to avoid it as much as possible. perhaps you need to rethink your combat tactics and also, did no one in your clan offer to give you a lift?

Getting new reserves back to the front is quite an important thing.

Random spawns can be a pain, but that's half the joy of the game.

Perhaps try an MP gametype like infiltration, domination or evolution in regular Arma as you'll get lot's of lovely combat and a quick parajump back to the action.

Rgds

LoK

Sounds like a shit idea to me. You may as well just set it so that you spawn in with all the gear you died with as well.

yeah... know that feeling, i'd a day 28 character die in a bizzare tracktor explosion near Berezino medical tents.. re spawned in frigging Kamenka - ran the whole way along the coast road - only stoping for food & drink in Elektro to loot my body. The server auto restarted just as I reached the outskirts of the city so lost everything... still hurts even thinking about it!!

Not only do I think that you shouldn't spawn anywhere near your body, I think you should be kicked from the server when you die and not be able to rejoin it for 30 minutes or so. We need to make death a giant pain in the ass to discourage COD type gameplay.