KatieKillz

Female DayZ players, lets talk and ask questions.

Well that goes without saying - all guys would love to game with girls, no different on the forums I guess though knowing what I write in my posts, they're not very effeminate - weird how you came to that perception though.

I always assumed you were a bit butch. (for lack of a better description) And I am originally from New York so I know plenty of angry women who talk like that. Like I said I swore I read you saying something about a boyfriend. I figured with the way you phrased things you couldn't be a gay guy! My friend John is a ex navy seal, worked on the docks, and is now a cop... he is also gay. One of the manliest man I know... never heard him saying anything close to the things you have. lol Yes in my little world, I stereotype gay guys with having an excellent vocabulary!

O.P sorry for derailing your thread I'll stop now! Also forgive most of the moronic statements us guys sometimes make. In our world insults and compliments are the same thing! :P

• How do you feel about females playing DayZ or other games in general?
  • No problem whats so ever.
  • Do you go out of you way to help/kill suspected female players
  • I treat them like any Dayz player, they shoot first, there dead :)
  • Do you think girls can hold their own in games?
  • Of course
  • Does it scare you when a girl gets behind the wheel in a Ural? lol jokes.
  • Indeed

• I personally appreciate the ability to choose a female character but I usually pick a male skin. Do you usually use the female skin?

*(Even though the camo clothing and guile suit do not work with the female character.)

• I've yet to run into any other females in DayZ, have you found any other female players?

• If people do find out you're a female, do you get griefed more? Are you treated differently? Do you have any horror stories or funny stories that have come out of it?(I have to the point of changing my in game name and talking on mic in any game tends to bring on a back lash or comments from at least one or more players 9 times out of 10.)

• What got you in to DayZ, do you play any other games? Do you find that you're treated differently that a female? If so, is it good or bad.

I'm female. In game and real life :D Been playing games ever since my dad bought a NES when I was 8 years old. Went through NES, N64, PS2 and 3. My husband then introduced me to computer games (Red Alert 2 anyone?) several years later. Now I play PC games 99% of the time as opposed to console.

It's really too bad that Red Alert 2 is so difficult to get to run properly over LAN on Windows 7, because that is a game we both enjoy tremendously. Even if I keep hearing "never existed" from her speakers and then wonder what happened to most of my war factories. I got really "mad" once because we were playing no combat for 30 minutes to build up our bases and forces and she snuck spys into my base and stole a bunch of my resources. "It wasn't combat" was her reply.

I prefer female characters, so if there is an option I will always choose the female. Certainly cannot wait for the ability to use ghillie or camo on my girl! I once chose the male character but it didn't feel right.

I have seen other female characters (killed a few actually) but doubt they were actually girls/ women. Heck I've got a male friend who played as the female DayZ character. It was odd.

The main reaction I get for being a gamer girl is "Cool!" and then they ask the husband "How did you get your wife to play? I've been trying for weeks, months, years...."

How I found out about DayZ? The husband told me about it saying people don't survive much longer than 45minutes on their first attempts. I was intrigued and called BS and tried... I then died within 5 minutes or so. Challenge!!!! I once survived for 50 days...

Edited by SquishyBear

Female's an adjective, not a noun. Sometimes you can call them women and ladies.

Female's an adjective, not a noun. Sometimes you can call them women and ladies.

Not true, female is used as a noun as well. Just frowned upon when used to describe women/ girls and mainly used when talking about animals or science.

Like most others in this thread, I'd love to have more female gamers. We are all mammals and we are all born with the instinct of seeking companionship, being that either a female or male. As a hetrosexual male, I obviously like to play with females for the simple fact that I am born that way. Be that real life or in a virtual world.

Playing along with females is different from playing with males, as females behave in a different way than males do.It's a different experience playing with girls as they behave in another way, I think atleast.

I might treat girls or women in a different way, yes, but more often not.

Big yes for more of you! :)

• Like 1

I'm female. In game and real life :D Been playing games ever since my dad bought a NES when I was 8 years old. Went through NES, N64, PS2 and 3. My husband then introduced me to computer games (Red Alert 2 anyone?) several years later. Now I play PC games 99% of the time as opposed to console.

I prefer female characters, so if there is an option I will always choose the female. Certainly cannot wait for the ability to use ghillie or camo on my girl! I once chose the male character but it didn't feel right.

I have seen other female characters (killed a few actually) but doubt they were actually girls/ women. Heck I've got a male friend who played as the female DayZ character. It was odd.

The main reaction I get for being a gamer girl is "Cool!" and then they ask the husband "How did you get your wife to play? I've been trying for weeks, months, years...."

How I found out about DayZ? The husband told me about it saying people don't survive much longer than 45minutes on their first attempts. I was intrigued and called BS and tried... I then died within 5 minutes or so. Challenge!!!! I once survived for 50 days...

AH! NICE! Same thing here. Watched my dad play Nintindo, then got a super Nintendo, N64, Dreamcast, Ps1&2, XBox...Then I got my first taste of pc gaming and never really looked back.

I once met a girl on the coast and I started talking too her through voice coms. She started chasing me with an axe, I started screaming through coms and then she started saying "I just want to give you a hug!".

I felt quite bullied by the way that women treated me, I had nightmares 3 nights in a row because of it. After that experience I tend to avoid female gamers. :D:D

No really, I don't mind girl gamers, I think they are mostly cooler than lad gamers.

• Like 1

I always assumed you were a bit butch. (for lack of a better description) And I am originally from New York so I know plenty of angry women who talk like that. Like I said I swore I read you saying something about a boyfriend. I figured with the way you phrased things you couldn't be a gay guy! My friend John is a ex navy seal, worked on the docks, and is now a cop... he is also gay. One of the manliest man I know... never heard him saying anything close to the things you have. lol Yes in my little world, I stereotype gay guys with having an excellent vocabulary!

O.P sorry for derailing your thread I'll stop now! Also forgive most of the moronic statements us guys sometimes make. In our world insults and compliments are the same thing! :P

OK seriously you can STFU now, ok?

;)

AH! NICE! Same thing here. Watched my dad play Nintindo, then got a super Nintendo, N64, Dreamcast, Ps1&2, XBox...Then I got my first taste of pc gaming and never really looked back.

Katie you're not doing much discussing in your own thread.

TO THE MEN:

• Do you go out of you way to help/kill suspected female players?

It's pretty awesome. I try to get my girlfriend to play as many games as possible, even though she's not a gamer. She's conquered Mass Effect 1-3, Resident Evil 4-6, Bioshock 1&2, Dead Space 1&2. She's really only into horror type games or something with incredibly good story. She doesn't really play computer games sadly.

Not really, I help anybody who doesn't know what they're doing, and kill anyone who is dangerous :P

Absolutely. I know some extremely competitive and great gamers who are women.

I don't mind if women play this game or any other game, I actually enjoy different type of conversation that they provide that you won't get with a group of guys!

I don't go out of my way to to kill a player unless it would benefit me, male or female. If your heading towards any of mine or groups vehicle or camp I would say doesn't matter who you are.

I would like to see more female dayz gamers and would like to play with them also

Hit me up here or Ingame name is "Murphs"

My Lady plays, she is always asking when it is her turn. I shall tell her about this thread.

Also my 12 year old niece ,loves the game. She can only play it when she comes over for a visit. Then I hover over her to make sure she dose not encounter any of the "ruder" members of the DayZ community. So far so good. The players that she has met have all been very helpfull to her. Taking her into their protection and looking out for her.

Any other female characters that I have met in game have one thing common, alarmingly deep voices........

Isn't 12 a bit young for this game?

Pfft, girls don't play games.

Aight, I'm joking.

Serious fact here, there are a lot of girl gamers, they just don't expose themselves (no guys, not that kind of expose).

I'd love to actually see or hear girl gamers, for example, you never see girls do lets play, why not?

I've seen many people with the girl skin in-game, hell, I've even used it once myself to see animations difference and such, and I honestly have no idea if I've ever met an actual girl in this mod, but I doubt that I haven't. Who knows, maybe my teammate even is a girl, can you really trust people in this mod?

As to OP:

I like having girls around that play games too, makes it a big "difference", if you can call it that. Makes it feel more like an all-around hobby, not just a guy meet-up.

I couldn't care less if girls played, nor would I "quit my mission" to hunt one down, unless she wants my "beans", but that's another case.

Girls can definitely stand up for themselves in games if they try to.

And yes, no girl on earth would be allowed to drive my Ural.

I played COD against a girl once. I lost badly. Also I like your snail.

I played COD against a girl once. I lost badly. Also I like your snail.

Thank you, I sat in Paint for hours trying to draw the perfect snail. This is the true mastery of snail creation.

• Like 1

pixelated boobies rock. im playing mass effect 3 at the moment, i made the call to go with female shepherd cos if it takes 8 to 9 hours to complete that game id rather chuckle at this chicks butt. the chicks butt in masseffect 3 is OP

I met a woman in oatmel offered her a ride on the motorbike told her to let her hair down. She was a real dream weaver we talked and laughed until I crashed the motorbike and she ran off into the hills spilling blood and cussing at me. Never saw her again.

• Like 3

Steak generally attracts wookie women, the ones that have lived in caves surviving on eating heated rocks and dried out rabbit ears, Favourite sports are cow tipping and benching fir trees. That being said i did see him with a lady once who actually had teeth and i was pleasantly surprised ..until she spoke over direct and was more manly than Arnold. No way was i getting to da choppa with that one. The lovely Delilah he speaks of..his 'dreamweaver' may have been slenderman in one of his many forms. Steak being possibly the only survivor of a slenderman encounter as even, even Slender has his limits.. Steak can push anyone past them.

On topic though, my partner plays and has been a gamer for many years getting into flight sims and a few shooters. She has not had much grief yet but takes no prisoners ..she has more wit than 90 % of the guys online so makes mince meat out of the ragers/abusers rather easily.

Way back in the day ..the original cod and then uo we had a chick in our squad who used to be absolutely ferocious when she gamed, good value and she could shoot the buckle of your pants with a kar 98 at distance. Guys who found out he was a she were generally cool, guys who carried on ..mouth of a sailor ? She was the damn captain when it came to giving out :D

• Like 1

1.) I usually pick the female skin out of habit and then kick myself when I find a ghillie suit.

2.) I've played with my sister, but I haven't met any people I can confirm were female.

3.) I also play with my clan amtes from time to time and they don't treat me any differently than anyone else in the clan. The worst thing is being mistaken as a little boy over voice chat. Really, I've gotten more grief when people assumed a was a little boy than people who knew I was a female.

4.) I wanted to play because it looked fun. I play a lot of other games, my main online ones being TF2 and L4D2. My sisters and I have been into games for a long time, ever since my oldest sister was playing games on MS-DOS

Edited by TheLonelyFrog

Off topic i know but my experience is not so much female gamers but females having to deal with us immature male gamers.

I had a housemate who broke up with his girlfriend. The reason being Lara Croft.

He was supposed to meet her for dinner in town. I got home late that night, surprised to still see him playing Tomb Raider (he was playing when i left for work 9 hours earlier). He'd lost track of time and hurriedly bolted to his dinner date - a few hours late. To all you kiddies this was pre mobile phone days (i know, i know, how did we survive?)

She was not impressed that he was more interested in playing with a buxom, pixelated character onscreen rather than her. She promptly dumped him. He still pines for her even now (the girl, not Lara).

Isn't 12 a bit young for this game?

No. I started playing the Silent Hill series at that age... with my Mom's approval obviously... nevermind the fact that she, to this day, loves playing Tetris... god how I loved being scared and smashing monsters to pieces leaving trails of blood behind.

The worst thing is being mistaken as a little boy over voice chat. Really, I've gotten more grief when people assumed a was a little boy than people who knew I was a female.

Ha, yeah. I remember playing World of Tanks and one of the new guys in our clan was bitching.

"Why should I listen to what some twelve year old little kid has to say?"

Chuckles from other members. My husband:

"Did you just call my wife a 12 year old?"

Silence.

More chuckles.

• Like 2

1: I don't care. Girls play, Guys play, we all play.

2:Nope. I think of all unidentified players as one thing. Another survivor.

3:It's a matter of the player. Some can some can't. Gender has nothing to do with it.

4:It scares me when anybody get's behind the wheel in a Ural.

How do you feel about females playing DayZ or other games in general?

Its common knowledge that not some, but all women belong in the KITCHEN. So you can imagine my displeasure with the notion of women playing video games. It takes nearly half an hour to run from one end of the map to the other. Probably longer than that but I've not timed it. Think of all the food you can make/prepare in that time. Its completely unacceptable for women to be playing these games.

Do you go out of you way to help/kill suspected female players?

Absolutely. Me killing a female player increases the probability that she gets up from the computer and does something constructive.

Do you think girls can hold their own in games?

Absolutely not. Decreased reaction time and lack of general skill that men have.

Does it scare you when a girl gets behind the wheel in a Ural? lol jokes

Its ALSO common knowledge that women can't drive. So yes. No jokes.

Edited by Slazors92

It's been years since I even raised an eyebrow at a feminine voice in a game. I have found myself suspecting it's just a 13 year old boy, but that's about as far as I ponder upon it. Females who claim they are a female can claim all they want, I will believe them because I don't see a reason not to, I'm not sending you pictures of my loveparts regardless.

I go out of my way to help anyone in DayZ, really. Or any game in general. If I can help, I help. As for killing, no. But I have found myself hunting down a spesific girl gamer in DayZ that I suspected was a "Siren", luring guys to help her only to have her friends kill them. She was on the global coms and she sure sounded like a woman, but the way she acted all clueless and innocent just piqued my interest to check her out. Didn't trust her one bit, and that was because of her gender.

Why not? It's hand eye coordination for most part anyway. It's not a game of stamina and strenght. Intelligence seems to be evenly spread out.

Never played with a girl on DayZ beyond that of just gathering up items with my ladyfriend, she didn't play for long enough for me to trust her behind the wheel.