rocket

IMPORTANT: Central Server was Dropped

I hacked but I'm trying to make out like I innocently stumbled across a hacker!

You do not get banned for picking up illegal equipment' date=' no one believes you and I hope you enjoy your global ban. It's 'gamers' like you that mean we can't have nice things.

Bog off

[hr']

You guys obviously dont know how anti-cheat programs work.

Nor do you obviously' date=' Rocket said HIMSELF that you don't get banned for handling illegal equipment.

Fucking moron.

[/quote']

Anti-cheat programs look for hacked material and bans the user.

Can you please get some sort of common sense before going around and whining that hey a program(guess what they can make mistakes as well as humans) banned several people that had hacked gear from someone who spawned the stuff?

stfu and get a brain.

You ARE the one who is wrong, Anti-Cheat programs look for illegal scripts / programs / code / signatures running on your computer and matches them with known exploits and cheats... that is how they work.

As I already said Battle Eye gives not a shit that a gun is not enabled in DayZ, it only cares about Arma2 / CO which those guns are legit in.

Everything you said is hacked material, a weapon that was hacked in a game is guess what? still hacked material, thus would be so in whatever client it was running.

Good job for confirming how stupid you are by showing how right I was.

Thank ya for that.

At the time who wouldn't pick up awesome weps they got from killing a guy.

Sorry I just got the game literally 3 days ago.

Pretty sad how many of you go to OMG STOP LYING RICE HUR DUR. obviously you are a butt hurt community who just wants anyone who has good weps to get banned. I can see why others call half the day z community CoD kiddies. I didn't quite no he was hacking when I picked up the gear' date=' then more and more people in the server told me how only hackers spawned ammo crates.

My bad for being new to a game.

You guys obviously dont know how anti-cheat programs work.

[/quote']

One of the rules in an apocalyptic world: If it seems too good, it is not only too good, but also no good.

I would expect so but theres so much stuff in the game i never found that i've seen used on youtube and such (chopper/bus/silenced weps)

Its just crazy how much they had in the game that I still yet to find.

Battle Eye detects software/programs that are running along side the game not the content of the game itself I believe. Why would battle eye ban you from using a gun that's already in the game? just because it's not allowed in the mod doesn't mean its not allowed. Hence why we have admins who can report such behavior to the devs and hence why you can get banned from the mod ONLY as your GUID will be flagged in the DayZ system. So rice I don't believe you unfortunately either...

But hey I could be wrong

Everything you said is hacked material' date=' a weapon that was hacked in a game is guess what? still hacked material, thus would be so in whatever client it was running.

Thank ya for that.

[/quote']

Are you really this fucking stupid?

The DEVELOPER HIMSELF said that this is NOT the case.

Jesus H Christ...

Rice you are braindead BattleEye DOES NOT IDENTIFY DAYZ AS ANYTHING DIFFERENT TO ARMA2. You need forum banning too it seems.

Thank bloody god battleye has purged all fucktard cheaters and idiots like you from the game.

Everything you said is hacked material' date=' a weapon that was hacked in a game is guess what? still hacked material, thus would be so in whatever client it was running.

Thank ya for that.

[/quote']

Are you really this fucking stupid?

The DEVELOPER HIMSELF said that this is NOT the case.

Jesus H Christ...

Whine more please. Theres a kink in the battleEye system and they have to work it out.

so please just get out of this thread until you post something useful to my issue, and stop SCREAMING OMG HUR DUR BAN BAN HE STAY BAN BAN DONT MAKE MISTAKE BAN IS BAN.

Also its completely sad how many of you don't know how a anti-cheat client works.

I never said BE banned me because i played DayZ. come on and use your brain.

Wonder how many people would apologize to rice if he didn't actually cheat after a double check.

No one would. Internet, that's how it works.

Whine more please. Theres a kink in the battleEye system and they have to work it out.

so please just get out of this thread until you post something useful to my issue' date=' and stop SCREAMING OMG HUR DUR BAN BAN HE STAY BAN BAN DONT MAKE MISTAKE BAN IS BAN.

Also its completely sad how many of you don't know how a anti-cheat client works.

[/quote']

This bullshit works for you ?

Nobody believes you because your story isn't credible in any way. I don't know fuck-all about how anti-cheat programs work but I don't think you do either. If you did, then you would explain it but you give vague bullshit answers that you can't back up.

You claim people were banned because they had good weapons ?

This is your most damning statement, the clear evidence that you were using hacked weapons because YOU were running the script to spawn them in.

It's sad that most people don't know how anti-cheat programs work ?

Why is that sad ?

That isn't sad but what is pathetic and pitiful is your attempt to make yourself sound intelligent and knowledgeable after became crystal clear to everyone that you cheated and got caught.

Go back wherever you came from and take all those like you as well.

MasterCaution' pid='113035' dateline='1339769595']

so please just get out of this thread until you post something useful to my issue' date=' and stop SCREAMING OMG HUR DUR BAN BAN HE STAY BAN BAN DONT MAKE MISTAKE BAN IS BAN.

[/quote']

This bullshit works for you ?

Nobody believes you because your story isn't credible in any way. I don't know fuck-all about how anti-cheat programs work but I don't think you do either. If you did, then you would explain it but you give vague bullshit answers that you can't back up.

You claim people were banned because they had good weapons ?

This is your most damning statement, the clear evidence that you were using hacked weapons because YOU were running the script to spawn them in.

It's sad that most people don't know how anti-cheat programs work ?

Why is that sad ?

That isn't sad but what is pathetic and pitiful is your attempt to make yourself sound intelligent and knowledgeable after became crystal clear to everyone that you cheated and got caught.

Go back wherever you came from and take all those like you as well.

In no way ever I said I got banned for having a good gun, theres a ton of good guns in this game.

I said I got banned for having guns that were hacked in by a player named "Hoodlum" and at the time I didn't know it was hacked till after more and more people in the server told me about it.

PLEASE just PLEASE re-read what I said then make a statement.

Don't be blinded by rage and take a second to actually READ what I said.

Thank you.

No Rice, you are not reading whats being written to you. Battleeye do not care about what gear you have, there is no way for battleeye to know what weapons are allowed and what weapons who is not allowed in a mod. All weapons are spawned via scripts on the server, scripts that Battleeye do not have access to.

So, in other words, Battleeye have no idea about what gear is legit, and what's not legit. The hacked in gear is also spawned by a script, and will have the exact same values as legit gear.

How battleeye works is very different. When you join the server, all the files you use come with a BI key with a check sum. If the check sum are incorrect, it applies that you are running mods or apps that the server is not. That's why you'll get a notice if say you forgot that you where running ACE or any other mod. If the mod you are running, are spawning gear client side, or if it's sending spawn requests to the server, it get's detected and results in a ban.

Of course the system can fail sometimes. It is possible that you where banned on false ground, but it is utterly impossible that you where banned due to having aquired hacked gear from looting. So, if you are falsely banned, the cause is not your gear, but something else.

It certainly doesn't help you to behave like you do. It's highly likely that most people here responding have played BI games for years and knows the system really well. Most veteran ARMA players have at least some experience and insight into how mods work, since ARMA is everything else than user friendly, and allmost nobody plays vanilla ARMA.

So, there you have it. Ask Battleeye why you have been banned, they keep records. Then sort it out with them, instead of settling it here.

Oh, and Rocket: Thanks alot for sorting this out. Great to have a system to regulate hackers and scripters.

What don't you understand my friend, if that's the case "Hoodlum" was running a SCRIPT and he would of got banned as he/she was running it while on ArmA2... you picking up his weapons won't as you are not running a script or program..."Apparently".

For someone that knows so much about anti-cheat systems you're good at hiding it.

No Rice' date=' you are not reading whats being written to you. Battleeye do not care about what gear you have, there is no way for battleeye to know what weapons are allowed and what weapons who is not allowed in a mod. All weapons are spawned via scripts on the server, scripts that Battleeye do not have access to.

So, in other words, Battleeye have no idea about what gear is legit, and what's not legit. The hacked in gear is also spawned by a script, and will have the exact same values as legit gear.

How battleeye works is very different. When you join the server, all the files you use come with a BI key with a check sum. If the check sum are incorrect, it applies that you are running mods or apps that the server is not. That's why you'll get a notice if say you forgot that you where running ACE or any other mod. If the mod you are running, are spawning gear client side, or if it's sending spawn requests to the server, it get's detected and results in a ban.

Of course the system can fail sometimes. It is possible that you where banned on false ground, but it is utterly impossible that you where banned due to having aquired hacked gear from looting. So, if you are falsely banned, the cause is not your gear, but something else.

It certainly doesn't help you to behave like you do. It's highly likely that most people here responding have played BI games for years and knows the system really well. Most veteran ARMA players have at least some experience and insight into how mods work, since ARMA is everything else than user friendly, and allmost nobody plays vanilla ARMA.

So, there you have it. Ask Battleeye why you have been banned, they keep records. Then sort it out with them, instead of settling it here.

Oh, and Rocket: Thanks alot for sorting this out. Great to have a system to regulate hackers and scripters.

[/quote']

Thank you for the reasonable post

But heres a quote from a DayZ staff member

" Players with illegal weapons will start getting them replaced with Makarovs." -Page 4

Thus the hacked weps won't have the same "values" as legit weapons if they are being replaced with makarovs. Since they can tell the difference between legit and non-legit weps.

So infact these spawn weapons do have a different value/id set to them and thus how they easily would find hackers. Looting hacked gear is still hacked gear as it seems.

Thank you for your non rage-filled post though.

Yeah, the DayZ guys won't ban you for possession. Nor would BattlEye - that would only ban you for obtaining them through illegitimate means i.e. hack-spawning them in. To prevent players having weapons that are illegal, DayZ guys are just replacing them with Makarovs so the weapons don't exist anymore.

edit: and the replacement will take no time at all. Yes Rice, weapons do have different IDs - this is how the game's code works, so the values within your inventory correspond to different items in the game world. All the dev team have to do is compare all the weapons in people's inventories with those that are on the loot tables - anything that doesn't match up will be replaced with the value for Makarov. It's a pretty simple process.

I don't know' date=' but am patiently waiting for a response from the DayZ team to verify what went wrong.

[/quote']

You hacked, therefore you were banned. Simples.

" Players with illegal weapons will start getting them replaced with Makarovs." -Page 4

Thus the hacked weps won't have the same "values" as legit weapons if they are being replaced with makarovs. Since they can tell the difference between legit and non-legit weps.

So infact these spawn weapons do have a different value/id set to them and thus how they easily would find hackers. Looting hacked gear is still hacked gear as it seems.

You are more than welcome. Nothing is solved with hostility, and I do believe in most priciples our society is buildt upon, and one of them is that the accused stand innocent until the opposite has been proven. The benefit of doubt, as it's known as.

But yeah, WolfQuaid is right. You can of course be banned for having illegal equipment, but battleeye can't do that. The most obvious way of spotting spawned in gear, is to read the logs. If people are using gear that is not a part of the mod, it's pretty obvious. Gear that has been spawned in, and exists in the mod is way more difficult to discover, since there is basicly no way of telling (Not that I know of at least).

The thing is, if you are caught with illigal gear, you will be banned from the central server of DayZ, but you can still play ARMA 2 multiplayer with other mods or vanilla. This is either something that has to be checked manually by server admins in the log, or the mod does it automaticly somehow. I would guess the latter, since your gear is saved regurarly, and on every log out. It's as easy as adding a script on the central server looking for illigal gear (gear not available in the mod) and then replacing that gear with said makarov. I can't see how they can discover hacked in gear that is in the mod allready. My knowlege of the ARMA engine really tells me that its not possible.

I don't know' date=' but am patiently waiting for a response from the DayZ team to verify what went wrong.

[/quote']

Its nice to know you left for a little while, but you still aren't bringing anything useful to this thread.

I contacted battleye too see what went wrong and am waiting a response.

Thanks for the help everyone that posted useful information.

Well Rice if you honestly never cheated/hacked and this was all a big mistake all can say is I hope it gets resolved quickly for you :)

Hi' date=' if i was banned (steam version of arma2) can I buy another copy of dayZ and play game?

[/quote']

Let me ask you this..

Is hacking on DayZ really worth risking a BattleEye Global Ban?

Thats $30 down the drain all cause you cant be patient enough to find the weapons and ammo legitimately.

the situation was very provocative. when you see on forum and in game that so many players use hacks and admins dont do anythink with it (now we know that it isnt so), you start to search hacks too.

I was not going to use cheats, but the situation with hackers before this day, made me to join to hackers.

now if the hackers really will gone, It will be okay to play without cheats.

PS. not hackers - just script kiddies )))

PS. I think arma 2 still have many ways to duplicate items, so fair gameplay is far from us.

Why is this kid still able to play....or even post on these forums. He just admitted on a public forum that he uses cheats!

Not cool bro....there is never a good reason to use anything other than skill.

[/quote']

Its nice to know you left for a little while, but you still aren't bringing anything useful to this thread.

I contacted battleye too see what went wrong and am waiting a response.

Thanks for the help everyone that posted useful information.

SILLY RABBIT TRIX ARE FOR KIDS

You are more than welcome. Nothing is solved with hostility' date=' and I do believe in most priciples our society is buildt upon, and one of them is that the accused stand innocent until the opposite has been proven. The benefit of doubt, as it's known as.

But yeah, WolfQuaid is right. You can of course be banned for having illegal equipment, but battleeye can't do that. The most obvious way of spotting spawned in gear, is to read the logs. If people are using gear that is not a part of the mod, it's pretty obvious. Gear that has been spawned in, and exists in the mod is way more difficult to discover, since there is basicly no way of telling (Not that I know of at least).

The thing is, if you are caught with illigal gear, you will be banned from the central server of DayZ, but you can still play ARMA 2 multiplayer with other mods or vanilla. This is either something that has to be checked manually by server admins in the log, or the mod does it automaticly somehow. I would guess the latter, since your gear is saved regurarly, and on every log out. It's as easy as adding a script on the central server looking for illigal gear (gear not available in the mod) and then replacing that gear with said makarov. I can't see how they can discover hacked in gear that is in the mod allready. My knowlege of the ARMA engine really tells me that its not possible.

[/quote']

You will have to detect the script he uses itself.

Post spawned detection of whether a weapon was legitimately spawned or not is impossible.

Maybe you could attach a variable to the object via setvariable and getvariable as soon as it is spawned inside a loot spot or on a player upon login.

So if there is a makarov laying inside a house it will have an variable attached. If it is a makarov a survivor has upon getting spawned in by the HIVE.

But if you just give yourself a M107 via a script you use it would not have this variable.

The only way to avoid this would be to know the variable. But if you vary this one often it would at least be harder for them. Because they have to keep all the scripts up to date.