lvg

[Forum] DayZ Community Heroes

We are introducing a new usergroup on the forums to show our appreciation and recognition to a few members we think deserve it. The 'DayZ Hero' forum status is only awarded to select community members who have done something extraordinary to contribute to the mod and it's community and are chosen only by Rocket and Matt Lightfoot.

Benefits:
- "DayZ Hero" Group Title
- 500 inbox message limit
- Ability to customize profile (Backgrounds and colours)
- 800px 250px image size limit (100px higher than normal users)
- Can give 50 "beans" a day

If there is someone that you think we should recognise, feel free to post about them in this thread. Do not PM staff.

Honour Role:

TACrv.png Dr Wasteland MD TACrv.png
Dr Wasteland has contributed an unmeasurable amount to DayZ with his folk hero status in game and his group of whitelisted medics the "Trusted Medics of the Wasteland" outside of it. There have been numerous articles written about him and he has pushed the player driven stories within DayZ so much. He is the kind of hero the zombie apocalypse needs. If you haven't heard of the iconic Dr Wasteland, be sure to read the articles about him on Kotaku and Ars Technica.

TACrv.pngDotjosh TACrv.png
Dotjosh is the creator/maintainer of DayZCommander, an unofficial launcher for DayZ with almost 700k downloads so far, arguably one of the most popular launchers for the mod. He has made installing and updating DayZ, ArmA II and various community maps unbelievably easy for many users, its features include friends lists, favorite servers, server history, server filters, server notes, simple one click install/updates. Check it out.

TACrv.png Sickboy TACrv.png
Sickboy is the creator/maintainer of PlayWithSix (Six Launcher), the official launcher for DayZ and many other ArmA II mods, including A.C.E. Mod, Invasion 1944 and Cold War Rearmed. His contributions have made installing, updating and accessing not only DayZ but the entire ArmA universe quick and easy.

TACrv.png Sumrak TACrv.png
Sumrak is a very talented ArmA II modder/mapper responsible for Namalsk island, Namalsk includes a huge single player campaign with over 22 missions, multiplayer co-op and has recently added support for DayZ, featuring underground tunnels/buildings, over 1500 loot spots on over 90 unique models, functional clothing and new types of infected all on an extremely atmospheric and scary map. You can read more here or on the authors website http://www.nightstalkers.cz

TACrv.png IceBreakr TACrv.png
IceBreakr is an extremely talented ArmA II modder/mapper who has put a huge amount of time, passion and dedication into ArmA II and his various islands, Lingor, Jade Groove, Isla Duala and Panthera. Lingor Island alone took almost six months to complete and is one of the most popular maps ported to DayZ so far. You can read more about his maps at http://www.icebreakr.info

TACrv.png Griff TACrv.png

Griff  the original Administrator helped make these Forums what they are and set down the ground rules for what has become one of the most frequented independant Game Forums.

Edited by Boneboys
  • Like 26

My 2 recommendations.

Hetstaine and Inception.

All round good guys on the server, Always providing good helpful input, content and always game for a laugh!

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/user/22157-hetstaine/

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/user/42219-inception/

Edited by Derpy_Hooves
  • Like 8

Somehow I feel old and useless with Dashy-blue, when there's fresh AJ blonde-yellow now... :(

• Like 3

Somehow I feel old and useless with Dashy-blue, when there's fresh AJ blonde-yellow now... :(

Demotion granted

• Like 4

Aww you aint old and useless, not by a long way! Blonde suits my mane more than Grey

• Like 1

Cool new addition. I like more colors.

As Eric cartman would say Swwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeet, and Kick asss!! ^_^. Well good job to the people would get it!! B)

My 2 recommendations.

Hetstaine and Inception.

All round good guys on the server, Always providing good helpful input, content and always game for a laugh!

Yeah I agree with this.

• Like 2

You gotta go for orange if you want AJ. That yellow is totally more Flutters-yellow.

• Like 1

If you have a hero skin in game do we get this? lol

No, it is just a forum status and not an ingame one. :)

I'm nominating dotjosh for his work creating DayZCommander, arguably the most popular DayZ Launcher with almost 700k downloads, he has made installing and updating DayZ, ArmA and various community maps unbelievably simple for many users. I do hope the recent controversy gets resolved soon though as it's not good for anyone.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 6

Can we have an evil VILLAIN title? For those who are barely active at all?

Heheh, I kid, I kid. But seriously, that would be awesome :P.

• Like 1

Updated OP to make it a bit more clear as there seems to be some confusion as to what this is about.

Edited by smasht_AU