Psycho (DayZ)

Multiple Characters

...Personally i think ONE MORE character wouldn't hurt. 2 max. Then at least the "muling" is 'capped'. I get both sides of this argument. I get people will abuse it(but someone always abuses something so...) but MOST will just use it as intended. The whole TSA-esque stance on this is ridiculous. Just because of a few bad apples' date=' everyone needs to 'suffer'? That doesn't seem right.

Bottom line, in this Alpha mod...it wouldn't hurt to try different things, before its get its big boy Beta pants on.

[/quote']

I agree. All that needs to be done, is to detail all the characteristics you want, and list all the characteristics you want to avoid. Like

- Being able to play solo, without compromising your group play character

- Not having to wait to join servers

- Not being excluded from playing with friends because of server being full

- Avoid muling

- Avoid using multiple characters in an attack

...etc ... once the developers did that, they come up with compatible game mechanics. They did a very thorough job on this in Diablo3, by having loot shared between characters - though separate for normal and hardcore, instant joining with friends regardless of quest progress etc... it is obviously thought through.

This is an alpha/beta, and experimentation needs to happen! I just hope the Arma guys funnels all resources required into this mod.

I want this too, I play with a group and can't play (because they'll get themselves killed) when they're not on and I would really like to play when they're not on.

I want this too' date=' I play with a group and can't play when they're not on and I would really like to play when they're not on.

[/quote']

I did not understand a word ^ but i like this idea.

Me and my roommate have been sharing characters because of the inability to make more than one. It sucks logging out, going to bed, and waking up to find your character is dead. We both feel the burn.

I support this idea and I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to make more than one character.

Is there some kind of way to have one character PER map? this would kinda counter the against arguments?

~Regardless, I support this idea.

All the big ruckus about multiple characters and muling, but completely fail to remember that you can hop on just about any server, and eventually find a parking lot out in BFE with half the server on it. Not to mention the infinite tents that completely dwarf the matrix growing fields.

Edit: and exploiting, yeah that, too.

You DO know this is a supposed to be close to a Simulation of Survival. So NO on the 2 characters. Seriously.?

You DO know this is a supposed to be close to a Simulation of Survival. So NO on the 2 characters. Seriously.?

You do realize that some people share a steam account, right?

Some siblings, roomies, or anyone that shares a steam account, maybe they'd like a second character to play their own.

Brb i'm going out to get a second ps3/360.

I admit I haven't read this entire thread but not being able to loot your alt's corpse would fix most of the potential abuses. You can kamikaze already by getting a friend who's freshly spawned or hold their gear while they run in and distract. Hell they could even drop their own backpack and do the same thing at little risk. To fix muling have any items you specifically dropped disappear when you log out.

I only just started playing with a group last night and I already want a solo character so I don't have to wait on them or inconvenience them by having to get geared up to help out again. The game discourages teamwork enough as it is, no need to make it any more antisocial.

this would open so many possibilities for abuse and ganking any slight benefits it would bring are far outweighed by mules,sniper traps,agro bots, decoys,kamikaze scouts the list goes on

Those things already exist when you can just hoard vehicles and hide them off the map or in the forest.

A second character will do nothing about muling, vehicles have bigger storage anyway.

vehicles are far more limited than everyone on dayz running around with multiple characters, muling is not the biggest issue though

Na i dont like this idea, unless the rules changed so players were fixed to servers, and could have diff characters in diff servers, thatd sit more comfortable with me.

I think it would be great to be able to have multiple characters, I would like to start a solo YouTube series but also want to be able to play the game with my friends so this would be a great feature for me.

Multiple characters would be awesome but not if they could influence each other in any way. I bet most people here saying 'who cares about the exploits I want this' will be the people complaining when they get killed by an alt logging in on your position after you've won a fight. Yes, there are exploits already but that doesn't make exploits ok because they normally result in a game which is not as fun as when everybody is sticking to the rules.

The idea of each server having it's own database actually sounds really awesome. This would also solve server hopping for loot farming/ghosting so this is a solution that allows multiple characters AND solves some exploits!

Sounds like a great compromise to me.

You do realize that some people share a steam account' date=' right?

Some siblings, roomies, or anyone that shares a steam account, maybe they'd like a second character to play their own.

Brb i'm going out to get a second ps3/360.

[/quote']

You do realize it is not allowed to share your steam account.

STEAM® SUBSCRIBER AGREEMENT

"You are solely responsible for all activity on your Account and for the security of your computer system. You may not reveal, share or otherwise allow others to use your password or Account. You agree that you are personally responsible for the use of your password and Account and for all of the communication and activity on Steam that results from use of your login name and password. You may not sell or charge others for the right to use your Account, or otherwise transfer your Account."

99% of the comments in here are pertaining to losing your character and gear. What about those of us who have other people in the household who want to play as well? Some of us aren't made of money. This feature would allow us all to play without having to spend more money we don't have. Most of the concerns about it in this thread are invalid. So what if some asshole has 3 other profiles filled with gear? Does that make your game any harder? does it take away from your experience? No' date=' it doesn't. Some of us just don't have the means to buy another copy of the game. I'm actually rather pissed that your all so single minded.

[/quote']

They're single minded because they're not basing their opinions on your specific financial situation? LOL

----------------

I am against this idea, grow a pair and walk away from your groups rally point. You can meet up with them later, since you're obviously not using in-game chat.

To be honest, I'm against anything that makes it easier for out of game groups. It's supposed to be an apocalypse, you don't get to bring your friends.

I would even support a system that joined you to a random server fitting your criteria. So people wouldn't be able to meet up with friends. Encounters would be random and people wouldn't feel so damn secure.

Feel free to hate my idea, your tears are my drug.

So I went to the shops the other day and was pulled over by a cop

He asked me for my license, but since I don't have the money for one I just borrowed my brother's one. The single minded cop then proceeded to write me a fucking ticket for not having a license!

Some of us aren't made of money, sharing a license would allow us all to drive without having to spend money we don't have.

Great argument fella

Just noting, Perhaps Rocket could monetize (I don't know his intentions in modding/birthing such an awesome game) on alternate profiles. I'm thinking it would be possible to sell alternate character slots, assuming he negotiated with BIS. And it would help us players get more Dayz :D

Ok, maybe i sounded to aggressive in what i said ... i truthfully wouldn't mind it but this is a "Simulation" you start sticking more characters to the mix and this is more of a headache for the developers to track as of right now. Maybe down the road they will... This is not close to a finished product they have bugs to fix, other things to look at. But you have to look at it from their stand point you are looking at it from easier for you to play around with (Not easier for them to fix game play).

I'd actually be saddened by such a change.

Multiple characters violate the spirit of the game and would be thoroughly abused to keep certain items safe. Solutions needed to prevent such inevitable outcome are complicated and... ...not worth it.

You have one life, if your survival group is asleep, you should either sleep with them, or go off hunting and looting for them. They'll surely appreciate all the good things you've brought when they awake. Considering the risk of your death and the downside of it, leave all your gear in the camp with the rest of the group as you set off in the same conditions as a newspawn.

My clan mates tend to do the above. They comeback to camp with a lot more things, and they can use these "extra" things the next time they're awake alone. Essentially the same gear benefits as a second character.

In short, once you have a camping tent with your group it offers a more elegant solution to your problem.

This even gives tents more value. Perfect.