Sign in to follow this  
.TerroR.

What's better?

What is better?

Winchester?

Or Ak-47 with only 1 magazine (Found it, I was really lucky)

Winchester.

Relatively quiet, abundant ammo, accurate enough for engagements within 150m.

Its prersonal choice mate and depends on your play style.

If you PvP a lot or spend a lot of time in densely popluated such as Cherno, elektra or even intend to push north to military targets areas you want the higher grade military weapons, of which the AK is on thebottom run of the ladder. It's not really going to compete seriously against other, better military weapons but it will out range and outgun shotguns, pistols SMGs.

Personally I would be trying to take both, but if space was an issue i'd go for the Winchester as it suits my covert play style. I try to sneak around and not to get into too many confrontations when I'm playing alone and i would always choose the shotgun over a rifle or lower run assault rifle simply because ammo is quite common and easy to come by in civillian areas.

• Like 1

I've been trying to change my approach to my backpack and see it as a place to carry a second weapon, instead of a bean sack. This can be useful if you find a gun you love but it has hard-to-find ammo. You can then use your regular gun and only use the other when you have ammo. It's a useful approach too for quieter guns, using when you don't want to bring zombie herds running. :thumbsup:

My approach to weapons changes, and I find that my "favourite" is often the gun I happen to have. I think liking the gun you have makes things easier. The only guns I struggle to appreciate are the Lee Enfield and the crowbar.

I found an AKM, I took it I got 2 mags for it.

I don;t understand why under the amount of ammo and magazines it says:

Zeroing: 300

Can someone explain that?

I would go with the AKM, it fills the gap between the weaker rifles such as winchester and the high powered like the DMR - you could say it's an allrounder, has good damage and moderate sound for Zeds.

300 is the the point of impact in meters, you can change from 100-800 by pressing page up / down if i am right. But it's pretty useless beyond 300m because you can't see a target that far very clear let alone engage it with success.

Edited by Enforcer

Sorry, don't know how but ended up pasting reply in wrong thread.

Edited by Sula

I found an AKM, I took it I got 2 mags for it.

I don;t understand why under the amount of ammo and magazines it says:

Zeroing: 300

Can someone explain that?

As soon a the bullet exits the barrel it's affected by gravity, so most rifles have their barrel pointing upwards, firing the bullet in a low long arch. If the rifle is zeroed at 300 meters, the bullet reaches the top of the arch at 150 meters and drops to align with the sights again at 300 meters. You can usually change your zero with pageup/down.

2e1yadg.jpg

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 3

It depends on what you need the gun for.

If you want to kill players go with the AK. It's very reliable and can kill players in 2-3 hits. You should know however that it makes a LOT of noise which is something you need to avoid if :

you want to have a personal defense weapon - where you should get the winchester. It's the best gun you can get (silenced guns excluded) for killing zeds that aggroed on you because you can take them out with one hit and it makes low noise.