ersan

HFB, Vilayer, and DayZCommander need to knock this crap off..

Im thinking of just dropping both launchers and just googling IP addresses for servers.

• Like 2

so you want this "free" software which allows me to play this "free" mod, and enjoy fresh new "free" maps to be banned ??

have i got that right ???

ummm yea, whateva.

If you're happy playing inferior versions of said maps using allegedly stolen code then go right ahead.

Support the little guy.

Im thinking of just dropping both launchers and just googling IP addresses for servers.

You know ArmA 2 actually has it's own server browser, right? o.o

I only use Commander for updates.

Edited by mZLY
  • Like 2

so you want this "free" software which allows me to play this "free" mod, and enjoy fresh new "free" maps to be banned ??

have i got that right ???

ummm yea, whateva.

Cool, I'm gonna get DayZ into some CDs and start selling it as mine! Since DayZ is free I can do anything I want with it! yay! Derpy derp

• Like 1

So to get this straight your pissed because Dayz Commander is providing people with alternative's and the original map, which Rocket himself has many time's said he thinks is excellent and would liket to incorporate into the Standalone at some point... GENIUS. Here's a thought just quit playing, or stfu. You don't have to use Dayz Commander, it makes it easier to find your friends, play ALL maps and yes it provides you with the other maps.

• Like 1

So how dramatically are the maps changed? Is it just a couple buildings that are changed or is majority of the map changed? I was wondering why I don't have a problem joining Lingor Island servers which I manually installed while I have a trouble with Pantherra which I installed with Commander.

Edited by Skat3rat

So to get this straight your pissed because Dayz Commander is providing people with alternative's and the original map, which Rocket himself has many time's said he thinks is excellent and would liket to incorporate into the Standalone at some point... GENIUS. Here's a thought just quit playing, or stfu. You don't have to use Dayz Commander, it makes it easier to find your friends, play ALL maps and yes it provides you with the other maps.

You have the reading comprehension of a cockroach. Did you even read what the OP wrote? He's not even talking about using others maps in DayZ.

A company is taking the maps done by the ARMA community for free, changes them a little and then promotes them as part of their hosting service without the original author permission to either use or modify his work.

Edited by Timberwolf
  • Like 2

So how dramatically are the maps changed? Is it just a couple buildings that are changed or is majority of the map changed? I was wondering why I don't have a problem joining Lingor Island servers which I manually installed while I have a trouble with Pantherra which I installed with Commander.

Almost nothing has changed: you can verify yourself. They added some waste here and there to make it different (on the paper), if you look at the loot spawn points, even the coordinates have been copied.

I experienced the same situation as yours, this is why i opened this thread, to expose the facts: as soon i discovered Panthera i installed it, i played it, and i loved it... after some days i were asking myself why we had only so few ppl aboard, the map is fantastic... but then after i've realized that i were running the "wrong" version (notice "wrong") .... while in reality i were using the CORRECT version and many others were using the wrong one "magically created" by Vilayer, simply because DayZCommander (used by many that doesn't want to manage with the files manually) were distributing the "fake" one!

Now it won't change anything for me.. or for anyone else... in the end we are final users, who cares if you play the original one or the fake one, but as i explained in a previous post: we got "free" contents because of the passion of the creators, if those free contents are kept, modified (a banner added), repacked, and sold by someone else, we're not going to have these brilliant contents anymore. So while today it looks fantastic to have so many RIPPED maps, tomorrow you'll blame at em when none is going to "port" anything anymore.

Why Vilayer didn't just used the ORIGINAL maps? We had Panthera already, why they copied it, making it uncompatible with the original one? Answer: to exclude the original creators.. and THIS is bad.

Edited by WalkerDown
  • Like 7

Before I make my comment on the situation the OP is discussing - WHEN ARE GOING TO GET A NEGATIVE BEANS BUTTON just for the idiots who post trolling or downright idiotic comments

I agree with the OP on this one, you DO NOT take peoples work, add your logo and say it's courtesy of your company or at least you don't if you have any morals at all, I will never pay for a server from Vilayer and will be making a rule for my team that they are to avoid all Vilayer servers where possible, they'll soon feel it when people stop paying for servers because they're always empty.

• Like 7

Before I make my comment on the situation the OP is discussing - WHEN ARE GOING TO GET A NEGATIVE BEANS BUTTON just for the idiots who post trolling or downright idiotic comments

So much this.

• Like 3

It needs to be "I'll take your beans" or something along those lines.

Looks like the original creator of the maps is upset as well: http://forums.bistud...l=1#post2238097

He's considering seeking legal action against Vilayer.

He will get the door shut in his face because he has no legal grounds sorry I love how people talk.. If you did he would be doing it instead of talking about it

Edited by uK_Mac

I have said this from the moment vilayer arrived on the dayz scene. They are a server hosting company. Their goal is to make money. Not to promote or in any way help dayz. If anything they are trying to cash in on the success of dayz and icebreakr. Something even Rocket could have, but didn't do.

Edited by Delta Smoke 01
  • Like 3

I had no idea they were doing that. I thought the maps were legit when I installed them through commander. I installed panthera 2 or 3 days ago and im loving it, but I will probably uninstall commander.

Sounds to me like a little host is getting mad at the big boys in the dayz hosting business because they are not sharing their cake with him. Have you ever thought that the reason why dayz commander released their version is because they have the servers backing it to warrant it being on commander? Before their release there was maybe 20 servers with panthera after their release almost 200, it only makes sense for the dayz commander author to back the people hosting almost all the servers on that list.

Lets face it, the rest of the hosts might as well stand in line and follow as they rule the industry, I want to talk numbers of servers here to sort of validate my point, Survival Servers id estimate 200-300 servers, Host Altitude 200-300, Dayz.st 100-200, HFB 700-800, Vilayer 900-1000, rest of little hosts 100-150, self dedicateds 250-300. Now tell me, do you see an outlier there? Yea Thats right Vilayer and HFB now its only logical that the two biggest hosts partner up/work together on something, which leads me to my next point.

Dayz Planet, notice how all the maps were re-branded with dayz planet? not Vilayer Not HFB but Dayz Planet. Now my only guess for that since the website is just a blank screen ato the moment, is that they are trying to make a more unified private server place. The reason I say this is because I have a server with both Vilayer and HFB and I noticed that as soon as HFB started hosting fallujah I had the same player saves on my vilayer server and my HFB server. I contacted HFB asking what Hive this was connected to and they stated the DayZ Planet HIVE, which this was a shock to me as i have never heard of this before as this was over a week ago, well before the maps were released.

Now this is where I get to the good parts, You are saying this is a bad thing, this is hurting the community, and a ton of random other stuff. Has it ever occurred to you that HFB and Vilayer are actually working to help unify the community and get everybody into the same boat? What I mean by that is at the moment, there is a like 3 different versions of takistan 3 different versions of fallujah 2 versions of panthera, and tons of other random map ports and mods floating around tunngle and these forums which is just confusing new people to dayz. It appears to me that Dayz Planet is their attempt to suck everything up into one place make a just one version of each map/mod, As for one, you are bitching saying Vilayer and HFB released maps and they are just attempting to make money off of them, But tell me, where on the dayz planet maps loading screen or mission details do you see VILAYER ONLY or HFBSERVERS ONLY, thats right you DONT see it. You know for sure vilayer would have made a lot more sales if they just left it takistan/fallujah/utes by vilayer.com and hfbservers.com but they did not they said "by dayzplanet.com" I personally think we will be seeing a new very good community and server group coming up as they already have the largest private hive out there, tons of servers to release things on, players to endorse it and much more. Has it ever occurred to you that maybe just maybe they made it whitelabel for a reason, and maybe just maybe they have plans on releasing server files in the future just give them time. All i have to say, is if dayz planet becomes as big as I think it can, it will be the best thing for dayz mod. That brings me to my next point.

Have any of you actually Seriously talked to vilayer or hfb about dayz planet, not just said "can i haz maps plz". Im sure HFB built a trust with Vilayer as something like this would not be happening if they did not. People like you making posts flaming them about their attempt to HELP UNIFY the community because your not selling enough servers, or have not taken the time to use your words and talk to them, or what ever the reason is, You are all bitching and making HFB And Vilayer out to be the bad people, I know for sure that if the leading people who are doing these other maps and ports simply spoke to Vilayer or HFB and said "hey i want to help with dayz planet" instead of wasting their time reverse engineering dayz planet maps that they might, just might have been asked to join the dayz planet team.

Now to the whole drama about them copying panthera and how their version is soooooo much worse, that is bullshit. The only thing I have heard people say was worse was a little bit of FLOATING FUCKING LOOT my god such a big deal :o [not sure if you can sense the sarcasm] And to that mrs... something guy who bitched about copied code, Tell me, where did your base code come from well I can tell you that a majority of the base code these people are using actually came from some one who tore apart vilayer's takistan when it first came out as they were pretty much the first [with the exception of lingor] to actually modify dayz extensively. I say this because I was semi interested in dayz modding and map porting for a little while and I know for a fact that there is certain bits of code that are NOT in standard dayz that made their first appearance in vilayer takistan which them just happen to make it into the takistan and fallujah ports and here is the kicker, even in the original panthera that was posted on tunngle XD thats what I find fucking funny as hell. Did you see pwnozor get mad at vilayer for releasing fallujah before he had his version 100% finished [but done] no you did not he simply moved on and made Emita City, did not bitch, did not complain just moved on.

Now for you ersan, why in the world are you bitching at another host in a PUBLIC FORUM you have a problem with someone in your same area of server hosting you take it up with them personally, not bitch and moan on here. The only people who do that type of thing are children who cant fight there urges to bitch/ cant do anything to fix them and needs the assurance of others to keep them on their high horse and of course try to sell a few servers... Do you see any other server hosts bitching and complaining? no you dont because they know that childish behavior like that will give customers a bad taste when looking at you.

TL:DR

People need to stop bitching and complaining. It seems Vilayer and HFB are doing something a lot better for the community then anybody else.

Who else didn't bother reading?

• Like 6

I have said this from the moment vilayer arrived on the dayz scene. They are a server hosting company. Their goal is to make money. Not to promote or in any way help dayz. If anything they are trying to cash in on the success of dayz and icebreakr. Something even Rocket could have, but didn't do.

For some reason the basic tenets of capitalism are lost on many people on the internet, I am not saying I hate or love Vilayer but I enjoy some of the easily accessible content that both Vilayer and Dayz Commander offer. I was playing Panthera before Vilayer got their hands on it and sure it was fun for the forty people who knew about it and went through the install process (not hard but sometimes things go wrong and from server to server they had different files, talk about fragmenting the community). I sort of understand the anger at Vilayer but from a strictly legal perspective they are not selling community content they are selling server hosting. They make purchasing a Vilayer server more appealing by offering easy tools for a variety of maps, but they are not selling maps (lawyered, just kidding but nothing illegal is happening).

Angry at Dayz commander, not really sure why. They are offering a launcher that is easy for the unwashed masses and do a decent job. One of the complaints about Dayz from a good amount of people interested in playing is they find the install process hard (admittedly it is not, but some people are too lazy to follow a seven step process). Also you are forced to trust files that are not always trustworthy, sure I know how to minimize that risk but not everyone does. Vilayer offers Dayz commander an easy way to access maps, why would they not take advantage of that?

TL;DR take potshots at Vilayer all you want (since some are deserved) but hating on Dayz commander seems a little misguided.

• Like 5

For some reason the basic tenets of capitalism are lost on many people on the internet, I am not saying I hate or love Vilayer but I enjoy some of the easily accessible content that both Vilayer and Dayz Commander offer. I was playing Panthera before Vilayer got their hands on it and sure it was fun for the forty people who knew about it and went through the install process (not hard but sometimes things go wrong and from server to server they had different files, talk about fragmenting the community). I sort of understand the anger at Vilayer but from a strictly legal perspective they are not selling community content they are selling server hosting. They make purchasing a Vilayer server more appealing by offering easy tools for a variety of maps, but they are not selling maps (lawyered, just kidding but nothing illegal is happening).

Angry at Dayz commander, not really sure why. They are offering a launcher that is easy for the unwashed masses and do a decent job. One of the complaints about Dayz from a good amount of people interested in playing is they find the install process hard (admittedly it is not, but some people are too lazy to follow a seven step process). Also you are forced to trust files that are not always trustworthy, sure I know how to minimize that risk but not everyone does. Vilayer offers Dayz commander an easy way to access maps, why would they not take advantage of that?

TL;DR take potshots at Vilayer all you want (since some are deserved) but hating on Dayz commander seems a little misguided.

Just switch to the non-Vilayer version for Commander...that is all anyone is asking for. (They would not take advantage of it because they sold maps that did not belong to them...PERHAPS!?)

You have the reading comprehension of a cockroach. Did you even read what the OP wrote? He's not even talking about using others maps in DayZ.

A company is taking the maps done by the ARMA community for free, changes them a little and then promotes them as part of their hosting service without the original author permission to either use or modify his work.

Thanks for your opinion on my reading comprehension. So someone is taking something that is free, changing it, and offering it for free...OMG quick call the interwebz police!!! They are taking a map made with permission from Rocket and making it accessible for everyone the shame!!! They are not charging anything more than any other server hosting company for the extra maps so I don't see how they are profiting other than by giving more options....

I agree with the OP on this one, you DO NOT take peoples work, add your logo and say it's courtesy of your company or at least you don't if you have any morals at all, I will never pay for a server from Vilayer and will be making a rule for my team that they are to avoid all Vilayer servers where possible, they'll soon feel it when people stop paying for servers because they're always empty.

THe REASON why people went to vilayer is because they are the only Lingor/Takistan/so on and so forth servers that have a INTERCONNECTED hive. On these servers we have FULL control without having to bow down before the dayz gods who fucking blacklist a server for banning a douchebag in the server. I pay 50-70 a month for a fucking server and I cant kick a asshole out when i want? Vilayer is the next best option. My server is NEVER empty.
  • Like 3