ShigZ

Playing in a clan SUCKS!

I was invited to play in a clan. Played for some weeks. Turns out that everybody was selfish as hell and only cared about personal gain (fun). When I argued that everybody should play with a group mindset, they told me to stop complaining or else they would kick me out. This post is a warning to people who seeks groups to play.

After spending the whole week seeking and repairing vehicles, including two helicopters and ATV's, more often than not I would log back the next day just to discover that my clan mates had took my ride "somewhere safe", leaving me to cross the map on foot (I would message them with my grid ref when logged out).

Last time we had just fixed a Chopper in Cherno and was searching for engine parts on Berezino after refueling the tank for 15 minutes. We got hacked. All vehicles on map were teleported to Stary Sobor. In panic, I ejected the heli too early, got my legs broken and knocked out. I asked them to come and apply an epi-pen on me and they said "too dangerous man, the heli might explode any moment now". After 2 minutes my char woke up, I bandaged myself and took morphine. When I finally start to stand up the heli exploded and killed me.

I was in the skype call, so I could hear them talking about all the gear they found on the teleported vehicles and choosing wich one to take. I re-spawned in Kamenka and asked for a pick up. Nobody replied. So I start to run back to my body to pick up my gear (specially my coyote backpack). They were too busy looting the vehicles, so I could understand why no one in a group of 4 players could pick up a motorcycle and go down 5 minutes to pick me up. When I was almost approaching the city, I heard them talking about satchel-charge the whole thing to make a awesome youtube video. I was telling them my location and ETA all the time. But they were still busy filming the explosion.

When I entered Stary, they were gone. When I asked why didn't they wait for me I got no reply but "we destroyed everything man, your body is not even there anymore. I wouldn't bother going there, dude. Tomorrow we pick you up". I got pissed and told them to go and leave me alone. Since I had spent the last 15 minutes or more running back from the shore, I decided to go check the hacking spot. Fire was everywhere, but there was plenty of usable vehicles still. I also found my body in perfect condition... apart from the gear they looted. At least I manage to take my tool belt back and my gun, but the juicy stuff was gone. I looted a Ural for gear and took off further north in a camo UAZ.

I had quit the skype call the moment I understood they weren't coming back to pick up not even if I was 2k away from they position. There was this message on skype from another member telling me to spot complaining or the clan would kick me out. I got so mad I didn't even give a proper reply. Just wrote back saying "We meet in Chernarus then".

From all the frustation I had with this game, this was the biggest one. Players being assholes in game sucks, but IRL I can't stand it. I am very disappointed and I hope my experience helps new players looking to be part of a clan. Be aware! If this kind of thing start happening to you quit right away.

Some of the best moments I had on DayZ was from team work gameplay. But it's only fun when you play with people who cares to each other. If they don't it's not worth your effort.

Edited by ShigZ
  • Like 2

Playing in your clan may have sucked, but that doesn't mean in sucks in general. Some clans are great, others are not.

I do feel sorry for you, as that experience may have dulled your perspective on playing in a clan/with other people; surely you'll find, if you have the intention to, some great people to play this mod with.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 5

Sounds like you joined a shit clan. That said, demanding a lift instead of walking 2000 meters is almost just as bad. Not all clans are like this.

Sounds like you joined a shit clan. That said, demanding a lift instead of walking 2000 meters is almost just as bad. Not all clans are like this.

Agreed. But I was running from Kamenka to Stary Sobor... I don't know how many meters it is, but surely is more than 2k. They were coming down south from Stary, so they would pass very close to my position. Each one had one vehicle (the best ones). If your clan mates can't do this for your, then it is a shitty clan indeed.

I'm not even in a clan, but we always pick each other up.

I'l put It this way If I was playing with a group of players this ignorant I'd put a bullet In the back of their skulls, tell them where their bodies are and just camp them till they give up and log. They sound like a bunch of up themselves ass hats.

• Like 1

this is only your version of the story, and I will refrain of jumping into conclusions unless someone on your clan responds to this thread (more than once it happened). but if I had to contribute in any way, I'd say they didn't care for you due to other factors such as your general attitude or something that escapes my comprehension, but that thye weren't complete assholes without a REASON.

Edited by Pie Flavor

Most players who play this game suck at it. No doubt it would suck playing in alot of clans, because a couple of scrubs can basically ruin any effort you put into building the clan up. Im sure there must be some clans with only decent players in them though.

Pie, Flavor, while your point is somewhat valid, the magical power that allows us all to bitch at each other in called the internet, and terrible people reside here :D I'd say it's probably more likely they were all douches, every single one lol

this is only your version of the story, and I will refrain of jumping into conclusions unless someone on your clan responds to this thread (more than once it happened). but if I had to contribute in any way, I'd say they didn't care for you due to other factors such as your general attitude or something that escapes my comprehension, but that thye weren't complete assholes without a REASON.

Good point. I wish some of them could take the time to read this, because I left without telling them why. I know it is not because of my in-game bicthness because that was happening since the begging when I was very happy to cross all the map on foot to meet them at the airfield and wouldn't complain a word about it.

In truth I was having problems with one clan member because we were "joking" of who was the biggest crying baby in the group. He got pissed at me after I called him "the crying baby of the clan" in the clan's skype group with many members online. But I take these "insults" as part of the sport. When someone does something stupid I say "Dude, you suck at this game". I don't even care when someone says something like that to me. I guess some people are more sensible than others. My bet is that they believe that was the reason why I left.

And the REASON why they play that way is because no one ever stopped two minutes to define how the clan should behave. They just log in, play, log out. If you are nearby, they play together. If you are far... well, whatever.

Yep, shitty clan. In our case we threw out those players who didn't want to play as a team, left us with a selected few...almost not enough to participate in clanwars.

Agreed. But I was running from Kamenka to Stary Sobor... I don't know how many meters it is, but surely is more than 2k. They were coming down south from Stary, so they would pass very close to my position. Each one had one vehicle (the best ones). If your clan mates can't do this for your, then it is a shitty clan indeed.

2k is not a distance...but it is ok to ask for a lift. We even walked 5km to bring s respawned buddy part of his gear or to pick them up and lead them back.

sounds to me like your pissed that you missed out on all the cars..

I think you need to consider your importance in that situation, what do you think would be more important, a new spawn with zero gear and 10 minutes worth of travel AWAY from potentially end game gear for four players, or a slim chance that four players would be able to gear up really fast and gain transportation.

SORY MATE, but in a tactical sense, leaving that loot to go collect you would have been a bad clan decision.

HOWEVER, once they had their shit, they should have, and I WOULD HAVE deff come and got you, when our clan are looking at pick ups we simply avoid the cities and all know that if we want picked up we need to get past them first, spawning in Khamenka and coming from stary would have been an easy pickup for them, once they had looted the cars they should have come got you.

So not sure I would call them shit, that was a good tactical choice, I would call them cunts for not collecting you AFTER they got their loot tho, thats kinda shit given you died while being with them at the chopper.

Edited by Taiphoz

Yep crappy clan dudes. I dragged my mates body for what seemed like miles looking for an epi pen. I refused to leave him behind lol..

• Like 1

You are just playing in the wrong clan mate.

not really, in my experience the longer the clan is setup and the longer each memeber has known each other, the more drama starts to arise out of completely petty things, such is the tendency of human relationships. I've been playing with a clan for 2 weeks now and had more than one tense moment with people I got along perfectly on the first days

• Like 1

You are just playing in the wrong clan mate.

I really want to believe it. These responses have been great. Now that I know not all players in DayZ are like that I'm more calm.

Maybe I start my own clan one day. Gonna be sure to be just with everybody.

You know their "safe" spots, get a decent group going on your own and raid them 'till they quit!

• Like 1

Unfortunatley you picked a bunch of arseholes to play with. Most clans are not like this and will be happy to help you.

My advise would be to stick with them till you get as many as you can around you and when you get your chance gun them all down blow up their vehicles and destroy their tents then leave with your head held high :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Unfortunatley you picked a bunch of arseholes to play with. Most clans are not like this and will be happy to help you.

My advise would be to stick with them till you get as many as you can around you and when you get your chance gun them all down blow up their vehicles and destroy their tents then leave with your head held high :thumbsup:

+1

That sound really shitty man, my crew is a very helpful even though sometime we have moments of stress where we growl at each other or someone logs off because they can't be bothered (I can admit to getting stressed with players I feel are doing things wrong or dying stupidly and being a dick about it when I shouldn't) but we all have a good laugh and will go out of our way to get a member back to the group if things go wrong, we help anyone quite a few times before getting to a point where we may leave them to their own devices so your experiences sound really bad to me.

One thing I will say about all of this and clan/group play in general is that in any situation we are all people with very different attitudes in life and this reflects a lot in games (especially Dayz) so finding a group who all get on perfectly is never going to happen straight away but if all you say is true and their attitude towards you was not based upon something you did wrong or your attitude then they are a bunch of dicks because like I said my crew don't always get on BUT we always stick together and will travel the length and breadth of the map just to help someone get back to the group or retrieve their gear, find a group who you can get on with and move on, you know you want to ;)

PS I have to also thank you for making this post as I've taken it as a wake up call about attitudes in game and will be personally speaking to a couple of people I've raged at and eating humble pie tonight.

• Like 1

Play with your friends :) Problem solved.

All online games I just play with my friends, so I don`t have to find new "friends" online, most of them are very rude, selfish and yeah, what you described in your post.

Best regards.