rocket

Kronzky's SP "hack" removed (his words)

I think I speak for most when I say 'lets all just calm down a bit,.' lets pour a vodka for everyone and chill..

aahhhh,.

We all love the mod or we wouldnt be here and I think 99% of the people love the direction and multiplayer focus and freedom of thought that is going in to this mod.

Long may it continue,..

Cheers!

People who want to play a SP version especially at this stage of the development completely miss the point of this game. Its the same as people who hack. They dont "get" the enjoyment most of us get out of creating our own little tales of joy and/or horror in DayZ and the fact that it is other people, the unknown and discovery that makes the experience special. Not "skillz" or "haxing" and shooting everything that moves!

Rocket you've done something special here and deserve much credit for it. Keep doing what you do. Especially with regard to how you deal with the community. People like you and Notch are changing the gaming world for the better. As a gamer of many years i thank you for it, its high time!

People who want to play a SP version especially at this stage of the development completely miss the point of this game. Its the same as people who hack. They dont "get" the enjoyment most of us get out of creating our own little tales of joy and/or horror in DayZ and the fact that it is other people' date=' the unknown and discovery that makes the experience special. Not "skillz" or "haxing" and shooting everything that moves!

Rocket you've done something special here and deserve much credit for it. Keep doing what you do. Especially with regard to how you deal with the community. People like you and Notch are changing the gaming world for the better. As a gamer of many years i thank you for it, its high time!

[/quote']

^^This Rocket

:)

I'm not much interested to the politic&drama here.. but to be short: can i continue to play offline or not? I'm not sure what "removed" means, it still works as far as i can see. It will stop in the future.. or?

Meh

I get the point but there shold be two versions of this game.

An open sandbox "Team Player" where you can have a squad of your friends play.

With support for them to join in near your location.

Spawn points for gear are different and how they work is different possibly a single spawn of items or beefy spawns of items in fewer spots. Hence no real correlation with multiplayer and the sand box version.

This way people can enjoy the game with friend or by themselves with out hackers or other fucking it all up for them.

Then if you want multipler then you choose to do that. Right now it's no secret multiplayer if full of fuck tards ( hackers ) and exploiters. If you read this Rocket you know that they are the bane of any game but in the world of DayZ it's 100 times worse. Too much time is invested and it all can be lost in a second where someone decided to hack.

So the best bet is offer up both worlds and make some money on this fucking concept. It's good and can be better you have the right idea now make it grow and for gawds sake make some fucking money mate.

Imo, there should never be a single player mode unless there's a real incentive to try out the multiplayer and the two modes are very different. There will be far too many crybabies who don't want to lose their stuff that refuse to play online and it'll turn into a hardcore bandit deathmatch.

Im dissapointed in Kronzky. He had a great opertunity to help the community and according to rocket. he basically pissed it all away and we may never get an "official" single player now.

good one.

all I will say is this, Do not let his mistakes stop you from letting other people help you rocket.

think of it like dayz. maby they wont stab you in the back if you give them all your beans.

* hands rocket a blunt*

man this shit has gotten crazy i feel for ya i couldnt imagine the stress you are under right now

people need to back off and let you do your thing

Rocket, my question to you is this: Is there anything that users like myself can do to help in situations like this? There are many of us who desperately want to see this mod succeed and become what it can and should become, and who respect you for your vision, and for the honesty and integrity that you have displayed thus far.

Seriously, if there was something I could do (aside from not participating in the mud slinging) I would do it in a heartbeat, and I'm fairly certain that most players agree with me.

This is a social experiment alright. The internet community is absolutely fucking nuts. There used to be a few enlightened souls who posted on forums that actually held the shit together and didn't tolerate trolls and enforced bans and the like. I have come across like one person who was banned in a thread. All people do anymore is act entitled and and self-important AND over the STUPIDEST SHIT! I don't know about you people' date=' but I have worked with the public almost the last 20 years and I have lost respect for the human race as a whole. I can only imagine the shit threads this ordeal has spawned.

I understand that the world has changed, and I'm not whining but people are fucking idiots and can't be trusted with thier own lives. Soon people will be wearing diapers and those double beercan holder hats everywhere they go. The only phone number that a smart phone will dial is TACOCOPTER!

Everyday I just think, That movie Idiocracy is coming true! Only I don't think it's going to take 5000 years. I give it 20.

[/quote']

i fuckin hear ya brother! your exact words are the same thoughts that go through my head every day. here is why our society is the way it is today

Rocket,

dude, i wish i could give you a firm handshake and hand you a beer. fuckit man, sometimes you just gotta say fuckit. your the boss, what you say goes, if it werent for you we would all be sitting here waiting for "that game" to come out knowing that it wont come out because publishers are to scared. if people dont like your decision, fuckem, let them sit and cry and type their misery away on a got damn forum.

Man, from experience: please consider swinging the banhammer in a very wide arc. I understand caring about and wishing to stay in touch with the community, but you're starting to remind me of myself about a year ago when I ran into a similar(ish) situation, and it took me a very long time to come back from that.

There's no reason that you need to put up with this kind of flack from people you are providing free gameplay to. If they aren't contributing anything constructive to your effort: fuck'em.

As an added bonus, it feels real good to ban the bastards too :)

Rocket i can tell the community is finally getting to you

Good. And long may it stay that way.

The minute that stops happening' date=' and I stop giving a shit. Then I've become what I said I wouldn't. This is a sign, to me anyway, that I am on the right track. I still give a shit about this and the community, and that I wasn't stupid to turn down big money.

[/quote']

I'm somewhat of an onlooker here but can't help but feel the same way as NMEBowen, going by the content of this thread and others recently.

While it's right to have principals and fantastic that you also have a vision that you want to carry through, you can still have these and not get too involved on here.

Delegate - get some admins on here as well as the existing moderators, otherwise you may be burnt out a few months down the road and you'll likely not give a shit about any of this then, which would be a hell of a shame.

Good luck and don't let the bastards get to you.

Yeah don't let these scrubs bother you. They'll continue in their sad existence, while the rest of us enjoy a fun filled experience. Keep up the good work.

Shit happens. My entire clan was nuked today while I was at work on our server. No complaints from us, we just got back up and started going at it again. We've won more fights than lost and at the end of the day, its a game. We know that, and we have fun playing it. So you'll have a good 30+ people buying this mod/arma3 or whatever you make it into later. We've donated a server, and personally I like this game, its made my heart race a bunch of times.

Keep up the good work.

I myself have never used reddit but I did play on there servers once or twice.

It was filled with children calling each other nigga and telling each other how l337 they are.

Once I saw the mentality on the servers I knew somewhere like reddit was not for me.

Tried to help a few as I could see they didnt know much about arma

but apparently their 2 or 3 weeks of arma means they know more than me with my 10 years of arma use.

I was very pleased they couldn't paste memes in the game nothing is worse than letting children use pictures to replace words.

You cant expect much if you frequent a place where that type of mentality is used.

jesus' date=' its lord of the fucking flies on this forum lately.

[/quote']

As long as we don't go throwing boulders on fat kids we should be fine.

Also, is it wrong that I had to google reddit to find out wth everyone was talking about?

Rocket, honestly I love you and everything you have done for the gaming community. Today I blasted away god knows how many hours on DayZ. I thought id show some appreciation unlike the assholes who are trying to make you look like the bad guy here, Because you KNOW that they waste entire days playing the mod and still have the balls to try and call you out.

My only advice would be to continue on with the project and just fuck everyone else, keep whoever you know is loyal to you at you're side and fuck everyone . This is one of those times where listening to the community and there stupid shit would be at the bottom of you're "to do" list. Honestly, this is where you see how low the people around you really are...

Rocket, I really don't think you should waste your time arguing with the fucking twats on this forum, Its almost like at every corner there's another halfwit claiming they know more about EULA's and Game deving than you do... Thats exactly why there not on there OWN fourm's for THERE OWN amazing fucking mod... Honestly your way too good for the assholes here, don't waste time or brainpower trying to make scene to these shitheads. Just get on with using you're god given gift to deliver this kickass fucking amazing mod, and put smiles on the children's faces... and fear in there hearts.

Ps. I swear I'm not a professional ass kisser.