rocket

Kronzky's SP "hack" removed (his words)

POST HERE ONLY. ANY OTHER POSTS WILL RECEIVE FORUM WARNINGS.

These are Kronzky's words:

"It is NOT a full-scale SP conversion, but just a hack, to activate the ModZ code for SP"

From the reddit discussion:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/v0yqr/rocket_demands_takedown_of_kronzkys_dayz_sp/

"How many times do I have to explain this?

Kronzky initially released it without asking me, and I discussed it with him and asked that he wait because it was causing an issue for the development. I was receiving large numbers of reports and bug requests because the system isn't designed for single player. It was distracting from the main effort.

We came to an agreement, and I gave him access to my source repository so he could begin researching to develop the single player version but I required him to discuss and work with me around timing for releasing it and how it was released. He didn't do this, and just did whatever he wanted.

So I terminated my relationship with him, as this was a complete betrayal of my trust as far as I am concerned.

From Kronzky's own site: "Please DO NOT MIRROR any content from this site." and "I appreciate your contributions to the community, and the fact that you are spreading the word about new content for ArmA, but having outdated versions is in nobody's interest."

The same is true here. I don't want confusion, I gave him the option of working with me and even gave him access to my private source repository and he abused that privilege. As such, I made the necessary arrangements to have it taken down.

1. I wanted a single repository of download, version sync'd so that there was no confusion.

2. Security issues were greatly increased. A known hacker site was using Kronzky's version for testing of their hacks prior to using them on public servers.

3. I think he was being disrespectful, and he betrayed my trust with his actions.

4. Single Player was not the focus of the mod. I was prepared to work with him to develop this in future but I wanted the timing to be right.

I haven't made ONE SINGLE DIME out of this mod. I could have made a shitload out of it. It really disappoints me when people make assumptions without checking my side of the story, especially here on reddit where I generally find people try and balance both sides. I made plenty of forum replies about this - but new threads keep poping up that continually post the one side argument."

and a very telling reply:

"It's really easy for a few sensationalist or heated posts to get a subreddit (or even most of reddit) into an uproar. It's happened time and time again, and this is no different. When someone can convince redditors that they've been wronged, it's just a snowball effect from then on. It's just the hivemind at work. I know I don't represent any bit of reddit or this community, but I apologize for the entitled middle school drama in this thread. I think for the most part that this situation has been handled, but it may have put you on a tight rope that you don't deserve to be on. My only fear now is that a disgruntled chunk of the community here and at the DayZ forums may be waiting with bated breath for you to "mess up" or make another "corporate" style move, and then this will all happen again. I've seen it happen before and it's all too easy to happen again, but really hard to recover from. It only takes one hole to sink a ship."

• Like 2

Fantastic, Great Job Dean.

Just kidding, it really does suck that this happened, not to add all the R3dit poop.

/subscribes to thread.

Fantastic' date=' Great Job Dean.

[/quote']

No! It was a terrible job!

I think both Kronzky and I both deserved more than for this to become some kind of bizarre accusation involving lawyers and EULA's.

Some of you really need to grow up and realize that you can't compartmentalize things, and if you don't know the components that much up a large part of the issue, you can't just make up the rest and then assume that is how it is.

You also need to realize the parts in that story you are making up are REAL PEOPLE, and that REAL PEOPLE have disagreements and I think they should have the dignity to be able to work those out on their own without people who aren't involved getting angry.

People post about hacks, saying we're doing nothing. Then they post all butt-hurt about what is being done to combat those hacks.

What really irritated me was people posting all that legal crap like they actually know what it means, they have no idea what is even part of the mod, what arrangements I have made, what IP is involved, what agreements I have, what I have discussed with all the relevant parties.

*Throws arms up in frustration*

Sometimes....

• Like 1

All I know is I never signed a EULA, which is what I said in another post. And I didn't.

That being said, I never played the single player game, nor had any interest in it. This is best played with people.

• Like 1

Part of the price of success, I'd say. Get used to dealing with assholes and litigation - look at the shit Notch went through when Minecraft boomed.

Remember that you're making a great game that a lot of people want. You're entertaining and capturing the hearts of hundreds of thousands of people, so it's worth the bullshit :)

• Like 2

Fantastic' date=' Great Job Dean.

[/quote']

No! It was a terrible job!

I think both Kronzky and I both deserved more than for this to become some kind of bizarre accusation involving lawyers and EULA's.

Some of you really need to grow up and realize that you can't compartmentalize things, and if you don't know the components that much up a large part of the issue, you can't just make up the rest and then assume that is how it is.

You also need to realize the parts in that story you are making up are REAL PEOPLE, and that REAL PEOPLE have disagreements and I think they should have the dignity to be able to work those out on their own without people who aren't involved getting angry.

People post about hacks, saying we're doing nothing. Then they post all butt-hurt about what is being done to combat those hacks.

What really irritated me was people posting all that legal crap like they actually know what it means, they have no idea what is even part of the mod, what arrangements I have made, what IP is involved, what agreements I have, what I have discussed with all the relevant parties.

*Throws arms up in frustration*

Sometimes....

I agree with what you're saying Dean. I also don't think people should have gotten involved when they didn't know what was going on, and didn't understand the situation to provide factual information. Hardships will be hardships.

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH EULA'S

NOTHING AT ALL

MOST EULA'S ARE NOT WORTH THE PAPER THEY ARE PRINTED ON

I STUDIED LAW, DID YOU?

• Like 1

Was i the only one who googled compartmentalize ? :huh:

On topic: Your mod, your call, people should respect it even if they don't agree with it imo.

NOTHING AT ALL

I STUDIED LAW' date=' DID YOU?

[/quote']

lol calm down, Jesus.

hello.

i read about that SP thing the first time and i have to say: i feel sorry for you dean.

your hard work is very appreciated and it saddens me to read what happend to you in this case.

i only know your version of the story but i dont have to know the otherside.

i can fully understand your reaction.

you are one of my newage heroes in computer gaming. not just only for your visions.

you and the people at BIS doing a fucking great job and this just shows YOU CARE about your product and fans.

very important but very rare this days.

keep it up and i wish you all the best in the future.

sry if this to much ''buttlicking'' but i have nothing else to say.

jsut thank you for everything you have done and will be doing.

lol calm down' date=' Jesus.

[/quote']

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH JESUS

• Like 4

I didn't know any of this was going on anyway, but let me say this: while I did enjoy the single-player scenario written with DayZ's code (generally only two or three times, to practice with a new weapon I had acquired against zombies, or to learn some mechanic of the game such as repairing a vehicle), I would have to side with you on this. This is your mod and it is yours to share with others; when you share the foundations and tools of this mod with others and they betray your trust, you have every right to revoke that privilege.

At any rate, I don't think any of us will be losing sleep over the lack of a DayZ single-player scenario, and after a while all of this childish horse shit about who said what because they did this to them and this happened because of his whatever will dissipate and we can get back to killin' some motherfuckin' zombies.

I know this shit probably is starting to get to you Dean and I i can't say i would like to take your place right now :)

Just know that you and your team are doing a fine job. Just look at the amount of haters you have. A mans success is measured by the amount of haters he has ;)

Because of how game developers have been acting in the last couple of years players seem to have this attitude that if your not getting what you want then you shall scream and shout until you get it. It doesn't help that the age kids start gaming has become very low. When i was 8-10 i wasn't sitting in front of the TV/computer i was outside breaking bones prolly like you. So remember a lot of the "shit" is posted by 12 year olds (it seems like that anyway)

The whole SP situation is from what i can read not your fault. You where open minded and maybe saw some potential (idk about that last one) but trust these days is like you can see in your mod often misplaced ;)

Just chalk it up as another batch of beans lost and hit respawn to try again :)

Keep at the good work, plenty of us here digging what your doing

Its not just me, its Kronzky too who is getting crapped on.

I was really mad at him. Now I'm pissed at all the people who keep taking up the fight for him. Let us fight those battles, he worked on the SP mission, I worked on the mod. If there is anything to discuss, let us discuss it because we have the facts.

• Like 2

Am I the only person who has absolutely no clue what is going on here? Why I am even posting in a thread that I understood 0 of is beyond me as well... Anyone has cliffnotes?

I just want to play DayZ and have fun with friends and foes alike :)

WildGunsTomcat trollawyer is such obvious trollawyer

I never said I was a fucking lawyer.

I was responding to tantrum boy because he closed down another thread in which I agreed with someone else saying they never signed a EULA.

I didn't say it had jack nor shit to do with Rocket at all. I just made the simple fucking statement "I never signed a EULA."

Fuck beans. I never said I was fucking Matlock or Perry Mason....I just made a blanket fucking statement responding to someone else in a thread...and Rocket blew a fucking gasket about it. As usual.

Also I support the shit out of this mod. Always have. Not trying to start a fight, was just responding to the OP in this thread talking about legal issues. I made a simple statement that wasn't against Rocket at all in that thread...and was addressing it in this thread.

Well, i fully support you in yer endeavors here rocket, i will be voting with my wallet, if you get the standalone game... and will be buying ARMA 3 soley because of your mod (had been a BF fanboy, never played ARMA til this mod caught my eye)

You will get plenty o people piggy backing off the success o this mod, no doubt, and you have to do what is best for you, and the MOD in general. To hell with the trolls dude.

Honestly i havnt enjoyed a game like this since the delta force series, youve made BF3 seem like popping bubble wrap. I never raged before in games, now OHHH how i RAGE when i get sucker killed. I love it.

So, te kia kaha Dean. You do what you need to do, have no doubt, the vast majority o us are your fanboys now!

NOTHING AT ALL

I STUDIED LAW' date=' DID YOU?

[/quote']

I love you.

End of the day, Rocket owes us nothing. He created this mod in what I can only guess was his spare time. He made a gentlemans agreement with Kronzky, who went bad on that agreement, which was followed by Rocket withdrawing from that agreement, which is his right.

Let the two of them deal with it as they should, as it was an agreement between those 2, and nobody else.

End of the day' date=' Rocket owes us nothing. He created this mod in what I can only guess was his spare time. He made a gentlemans agreement with Kronzky, who went bad on that agreement, which was followed by Rocket withdrawing from that agreement, which is his right.

Let the two of them deal with it as they should, as it was an agreement between those 2, and nobody else.

[/quote']

I agree. I didn't even know a SP mod existed before today.

Not sure why this is posted here, rocket...need a hug? I'll go hug the other guy too...damn wtf...then maybe we can all hug it out together? *wink*

Why does every damn thing have to be so damn serious!?!?!?

Bleh.

Trying to figure out what this has to do with EULAs. Do people think that if they don't sign a EULA that means they get to do whatever they want with other people's intellectual property?