Taiphoz

Remove NVG and TWS

54 members have voted

1. 1. Remove NVG and TWS

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont play at night.

I didnt read the whole thread so if im going over something already mentioned just ignore me.

I loved the thermals and nvg's when playing on public and private hives with vanilla dayz but for the last fortnight orso I have been playing nothing but survivedayz mod and it really benefits from not having any night vision or thermals, it actually really benefits from not having any .50cal snipers either but thats another matter.

The removal of thermals leads to some good firefights where target aquisition becomes important, not just point at the glowy orange thing and click(or laser pointing for your sniper mate).

Now if the L85 and nvg's were as rare as they are supposed to be I guess they wouldnt be so bad but as soon as 1 person of a group gets some they get duped like crazy and are everywhere.

SurviveDayZ plays so much better with the items they have removed, hopefully the standalone of DayZ can learn from it.

nvg yes, therms no. Night is too bs as is anyways. I never use even a flash light in rl and i work outside nights, but even with my gamma cranked i cant see crap at night in dayz!

maybe if there was a perma moon or something to throw you a bone, but ive never seen a night as dark as dayz gets...

In my humble oppinion, there are no "over powered" weapons or equiptment since there is no such thing in a game that strives to be realistic...

Sure you will get an advantage... But it would be boring if you did't have the lust for taking risks loosing you high end gear to get better gear...

Edited by Steppwolf
  • Like 1

I'm for removal of NVGs and thermals, and even range finders. This would make it much harder for both parties to have a firefight and it would be much more intense, especially at night.

Can't play without your duped NVG and thermal? Lol...

The game would be better off without NVG, range finders, L85 and AS50 TBH. I'll use them until they're removed so I'm not puttin myself at a disadvantage though.

Why Rangefinders? They are like the rarest thing on the game.

I say get rid of TWS and make NVG a much lower spawn in rate. I only was given NVG once and every other time I played on a night time server my light does well.

Last post before today was in october... People, stop necroing such threads. Your butthurt is not going to make this game any better.

If you can't use cover, then don't go to big cities at night: lots of loot = lots of hunters who like shooting bambies.

It's not the same thing, if I have an Axe or a Mak and you have an assault rifle, I can still shoot you in the face and kill you, but when its dark and I have NVG's and you dont, nothing you can really do will save your life apart from log out, because I will either be near you with my Acog or at range with my DMR, either way a flare wont save your life.

Same thing goes for the L85 its simply far to over powered.

Happened to me last night, I snag some NVG's and while moving into town to the shop I nearly stood on top of three players all trying to hide in a little out building I think they thought the doors were closed, they could clearly not see a damn thing, one of them poped a flare and it cought my attention, I spun around and three bangs later they were all dead, they had NO CLUE what soever that I was there, hell even if I made tons of noise they would probably still not have been able to see me and I was only 20 meters away.

It's far to strong an item, and the same goes for the L85.

They should. .... NO THEY NEED, to be removed from the game.

that wasnt his point...his point was they game will be unfair people who play it well will have a massive edge over you no matter if you have NVGs or not have you ever seen a war were both sides say "you know what how about we not use or most valuable asset and let it be completely fair"...NO because it has NEVER happened,what you want is to have a world where snipers,NVGs(even civillain grade ones)thermal cameras or anything more complex than a gun that shoots fast doesn't exist...

nvg yes, therms no. Night is too bs as is anyways. I never use even a flash light in rl and i work outside nights, but even with my gamma cranked i cant see crap at night in dayz!

maybe if there was a perma moon or something to throw you a bone, but ive never seen a night as dark as dayz gets...

then you have never been to a place called the countryside it gets dark as fuck every night Dayz is very realistic in that way but the streets (Cherno,Elektro) would be alot brighter in real life

I still prefer the idea I presented; have them suck up batteries at an incredible rate so that players who use them are forced to scavenge more.

Guys you have to understand the stuff in there that you want to remove is a reward for the people who get them. How about instead of removing them we fix duping. Then they would be fair.

Just make them consume batteries, I am glad the TWS are gone because those have no realistic use and completely negate any cover you can possibly find in a treeline. (Not sniping... Trying to move in to a town etc)

But you should have to think twice before wearing your NVGs to stalk noobs. They should be reserved for self preservation against others with NVGs.

EDIT:

And flying helicopters at night of course...

Edited by X0TCadde

I agree with you completely actually. And reading others reply I think people are thinking you are more so whining about people having better gear, but how I read it, and how I have thought of it, is that its an issue with actually making the game more fun. Right now most people do not use flares, even if they play on a nightime server and they do not have NVGS or anything. I think if everyone was at the same view at night, it would make it more interesting and overall a better experience for everyone. Using flares would be situational, and you wouldn't be in fear that someone is watching you from the hills.

Now I do not mind someone having NVGS, but if anyone has actually played on a nightime private hive, where getting higher end guns is very rare, you can agree it is very fun to play at night when you and others have to use flares and flashlights. It adds an extra layer of skill required for this game. If anything, I do think they should keep rangefinders to allow nightvision, as it wouldn't be that game breaking, but would also make people not cry about nightvision being gone.

I just think playing at night without nightvision is a lot more fun. I have had nightvision multiple times, and while it is cool knowing that most people cannot see you, it just isn't as thrilling as having to use flares and more tactics to get around. The game becomes much more immersive at night when you do not have nightvision, and would create a more enjoyable experience for all.

On a side note, just as an example of how much fun it can be. Is one day (my first private hive experience) it was highly military customized and most people had high end weapons very early. But this also caused many not to be able to get off the coast, and it turned into a shootout (which is sometimes fun). Players going around killing everyone held elektro and were killing everyone. Me and my group went in and cleared them out. We held Elektro and they kept saying how they were all coming for us. We all took different positions around the city and left it in the dark. When we would hear people aggro zombies or simply running around, we would suddenly light up the city with flares from each position, and unload on the enemy group. It finally took someone from sniper hill with a DMR NVGS to take us all out.

I am not meaning this to complain about nightvision, but the experience of using flares is a great and enjoyable experience that adds another layer to the gameplay. It makes the game harder, and thats all every player wants.

Edited by Clydfrog

I think the best way to balance the playing field would be to add battery life to NVG and TWS sights. Either way, it doesn't make a big enough difference for me to care.

Why cant ppl just enjoy the fact that the town they enter may have a sniper on the hill ready to shoot them?

What is happening here is that the ppl that want to remove NVG and TWS are the players that want to run around carelessly in electro and collect the starter items in a easy way. Well I say f..k that...careless players running around like its COD deserve to get shoot.

The fact that we have 3rd person and cross hair is bad enough!

Edited by svisketyggeren
  • Like 1

Remove both. Whoever likes them - please go play ArmA or else. DayZ should be with very basic weapons in order to have really unique experience and difficult PvP battles. I would even remove snipers - a way too much OP weapon for the nature of the game and maps.

i would say that a hunting rifle is a basic weapon, and they are basically sniper rifles.

I don't understand the attitude that wanting to remove items that make the game easier (nvgs, thermals, one shot kill weapons), means that you are not a "hardcore" enough player. Being able to see perfectly at night and one shot kill things makes the game easier and this is then, by definition, less hardcore. Did I miss something?

the thing you missed was the fact that while it is easier for the ones with the items, it is much harder for everyone else

Can't play without your duped NVG and thermal? Lol...

The game would be better off without NVG, range finders, L85 and AS50 TBH. I'll use them until they're removed so I'm not puttin myself at a disadvantage though.

Couldnt agree more. Hence why my server has it all those things REMOVED from the loot table and I dont get the whiny players, I finally get the survivalist.

• Like 1

No, I don't enjoy having NVGs in the game. The reason? How'd they even manage to work after the huey hit the ground? The only place I could think of is military area or not even at all.

Edited by voddler

Couldnt agree more. Hence why my server has it all those things REMOVED from the loot table and I dont get the whiny players, I finally get the survivalist.

Where is this server hosted? Looking for a new home and I don't like the fact that you have to be in TS at all times for Balota Buddies. :(

Edited by mZLY

Heck, where is this server located? I haven't been dedicated to any servers in a while and still looking for one that does not have NVGs.

I would like this idea.

If there was moon light in DayZ again.

Seriously its always pitch black.

I would like this idea.

If there was moon light in DayZ again.

Seriously its always pitch black.

There's still full moon right ain't there? It's just not every night I believe