Taiphoz

Remove NVG and TWS

54 members have voted

1. 1. Remove NVG and TWS

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont play at night.

The Topic is real simple and stems from a conversation we had the other night on our TS server, and please before you vote read the post.

First of all, Duppers aside the drop rate on NVG's is so low, same for the l85 that possibly 1% or 2% of a server will have them, this sounds like a low number but when you look at and watch the damage a single player with NVG's can do in Cherno or Elektro its really unfair.

MOST players are running around throwing flares, holding chem lights, which makes them a huge target as it is, but to people with NVG's and TWS their simply sheep waiting to be killed, as a result a lot of people leave the server and go looking for a daytime time zone to play on.

I think if we took out those NVG's and TWS items that players would all feel on the same playing field, they would know that while they run around with a flare there wont be some one out there in the dark with vision as good as daylight stalking them.

It's a hot topic for our little group, some are dead against it, mostly those who have one of these items, I have NVG, and had until last night a TWS so I am on the fence, but would not be upset if they took them out, I think it would make the torch war's in cherno and elektro a hell of a lot more fun at night time than they are now.

• Like 11

No and here is why. Night servers will always be under populated. If the option for daytime and nighttime servers exist, most people will hit the daytime.

The only solution is to have all servers on the same day/night cycle. Otherwise only the brave and equipped will prefer night time over days.

As for fairness... This is Dayz we have no need for fair or balanced, just survival of the fittest. Sometimes you just have to be a big boy/girl and come to terms with "it ain't fair!" or die. I mean who wants the feeling of accomplishing something in a game when the odds are against you? Not me! I want everything handed to me.

(edit) deleted my original post for something more mature.

Edited by Pendragon
  • Like 12

Fuck no! You frickin people who whine about this shit need a poke in the eye! :P

Waaaa no fair someone has a you I ain't got! I wish people would just grow a pair and quit trying to ruin dayz. Also stupid poll/poster. Grrrr! Yeah that's right I said it dummy!

Can't play without your duped NVG and thermal? Lol...

The game would be better off without NVG, range finders, L85 and AS50 TBH. I'll use them until they're removed so I'm not puttin myself at a disadvantage though.

• Like 2

Nope. It's like saying someone having a high end rifle is unfair because it's more powerful than what others will normally get. I think once the dupers and scriptkiddies are gone and the "economy" is back to normal, it won't be such a big deal. Yes they'll have an advantage using them, but that's the game. There is never an even playing field for everyone in this game.

I don't mind either tbh. The L85 loses power for utility. The NVGs, yeah Ill admit I get them alot, but its not a big deal if I don't have them. If you use road flares correctly and don't use chemlights, then your fine. I use road flares regularly at night. Players are going to do damage in Cherno and Elektro without them because thats were the scrubs go to die anyway.

EDIT: Although I agree with what someone said about the AS50, I just don't think it fits in this game. Same with the m107. After using them and other sniper rifles quite a bit Ive come to realize how BS OP they really are.

Edited by sostronk

Remove TWS but not the NVG's as night-time is ridiculous

• Like 1

Can't play without your duped NVG and thermal? Lol...

The game would be better off without NVG, range finders, L85 and AS50 TBH. I'll use them until they're removed so I'm not puttin myself at a disadvantage though.

Lol dupeusations nice! Considering I rage about the cheating bitches here all the time. But lol "i'm not putting myself at a disadvantage" is the battle cry of all those script bitches, dupers, and no honor cheaters.

Also I don't have a L85 found one once gave it to our spotter. Lost my night vision like 2 weeks ago. But since I obviously dupe I chose not to wear um right? I currently rock a SAW or M203, also if I am running alone I rock a DMR.

Good day sir.

Edited by Pendragon

Remove both. Whoever likes them - please go play ArmA or else. DayZ should be with very basic weapons in order to have really unique experience and difficult PvP battles. I would even remove snipers - a way too much OP weapon for the nature of the game and maps.

• Like 4

Remove both. Whoever likes them - please go play ArmA or else. DayZ should be with very basic weapons in order to have really unique experience and difficult PvP battles. I would even remove snipers - a way too much OP weapon for the nature of the game and maps.

Ok say they do, should they remove assault rifles, granades, LMG, the helicopters, vehicles? I mean it's not fair that you may have one and I don't. Do me a favor if you want a cookie cutter zombie game go play LFD2, and let Rocket & BIS create the game they want.

Quit trying to pretend these polls, your suggestions, or our objections mean squat.

Edited by Pendragon
  • Like 8

Drop the TWS system, just no need for it. but sometimes on those really really dark servers the NVG's serve a good purpose, easily countered too with a well placed flare....

• Like 1

Nature of the game: Post apocalyptic former Soviet State........ Weapons suit the scenario just fine.

• Like 3

NVGs are already getting a debuff in standalone, not sure about Thermal sights, but I think they are getting durability/batteries too.

With duping and hacking taken out, both are balanced.

Edited by Sutinen
  • Like 1

Ok say they do, should they remove assault rifles, granades, LMG, the helicopters, vehicles? I mean it's not fair that you may have one and I don't. Do me a favor if you want a cookie cutter zombie game go play LFD2, and let Rocket & BIS create the game they want.

Quit trying to pretend these polls, your suggestions, or our objections mean squat.

It's not the same thing, if I have an Axe or a Mak and you have an assault rifle, I can still shoot you in the face and kill you, but when its dark and I have NVG's and you dont, nothing you can really do will save your life apart from log out, because I will either be near you with my Acog or at range with my DMR, either way a flare wont save your life.

Same thing goes for the L85 its simply far to over powered.

Happened to me last night, I snag some NVG's and while moving into town to the shop I nearly stood on top of three players all trying to hide in a little out building I think they thought the doors were closed, they could clearly not see a damn thing, one of them poped a flare and it cought my attention, I spun around and three bangs later they were all dead, they had NO CLUE what soever that I was there, hell even if I made tons of noise they would probably still not have been able to see me and I was only 20 meters away.

It's far to strong an item, and the same goes for the L85.

They should. .... NO THEY NEED, to be removed from the game.

• Like 1

I should not reply to another butthurt bitching post,but i will because the original poster didnt bitch !

Nope,dont remove them!It's just stupid to remove them,just cause some people are silly enough to give away their position at night.And they are the same to guys with NVGs and to guys without them.if you run with a flare or a chemlight,you are dead,no matter what the other guy has.If you throw a flare in Elektro or Cherno,wait for visitors,dont just run around like fricking Heidi!I see a flare,i hide and wait for my target to show himself,usually he picks up the flare or he throws another one,giving away where he wants to go,most of the times heading to places like markets or firestations,then i just make sure that i'll be there,waiting for him to come.If you wanna see at night get your ass a nice pair of NVGs,or use flares and chemlights clever.Throw them and wait,use them as bait to bandits for fucks shakes,don't say "HEY,HERE I AM,ALMOST BLIND,I'LL THROW ANOTHER FLARE,JUST WAIT AND YOU WILL SEE ME,I'LL BE AN EASY TARGET"!

About TWS guns.They are overpowered,i agree with that,i have used them,and i know that they give a big advandage to the guy that has them.But the L85 is not a powerfull weapon,it's not one-shot kill,so you have to be a good shooter.If you can headshot a guy,with one try,running at 600 meters away from you,then you deserve it!But so far,most thermals i got were from noobs,that missed me big time,and then waited for me miserably to go around them and shoot them.I got my trophy,i used it,i died,someone else has it,someone else will take it..It's the same with cars and choppers.They are rare,and a big advandage to the guys that have them.But noone will keep em forever,unless he is a fucking gaming legend or a hacker.

So stop bitching,and when you die grab a Lee Enfiled and make a trip to NWAF.I went there with a makarov with 3 mags.I killed a guillied dude with an M4A1,and left with guillie and camo,map,gps,ragefinders,nvgs,m4a1 cco sd with 5mags,alice pack with and as50 in it,and a bike (witch i forgot where i parked xD ).There was a destroyed bus with 2 bodies,the guillie dude prob got them,they had more guns in there,i just got what i prefered.

• Like 1

Yes, playing with cemlights and flares is the most fun ever.

Also implying survivors would be able to operate let alone find enough batteries to power nvgs..

It's not the same thing, if I have an Axe or a Mak and you have an assault rifle, I can still shoot you in the face and kill you, but when its dark and I have NVG's and you dont, nothing you can really do will save your life apart from log out, because I will either be near you with my Acog or at range with my DMR, either way a flare wont save your life.

Same thing goes for the L85 its simply far to over powered.

Happened to me last night, I snag some NVG's and while moving into town to the shop I nearly stood on top of three players all trying to hide in a little out building I think they thought the doors were closed, they could clearly not see a damn thing, one of them poped a flare and it cought my attention, I spun around and three bangs later they were all dead, they had NO CLUE what soever that I was there, hell even if I made tons of noise they would probably still not have been able to see me and I was only 20 meters away.

It's far to strong an item, and the same goes for the L85.

They should. .... NO THEY NEED, to be removed from the game.

sigh whatever. I am not gonna bother, you seem to be one of those players who needs you hand held. Ok I get it the big bad wolf is to scarey lets nerf it! You are the reason I think game developers should never be swayed/listen to the players when it comes to design.

It is a vicious circle once the crybabies get there way. It is the first sign the game is done. Happens everytime tho. Someone makes a great game and the retarded masses want to change it.

• Like 2

sigh whatever. I am not gonna bother, you seem to be one of those players who needs you hand held. Ok I get it the big bad wolf is to scarey lets nerf it! You are the reason I think game developers should never be swayed/listen to the players when it comes to design.

It is a vicious circle once the crybabies get there way. It is the first sign the game is done. Happens everytime tho. Someone makes a great game and the retarded masses want to change it.

I don't think it has anything to do with hand holding or crybabies. The fact of the matter is - being able to thermal scan through bushes is overpowered, having perfect vision during the darkest nights is overpowered, and a sniper rifle that 1 shot kills anything is overpowered.

Have you played SurviveDayZ mod? They have all sniper rifles, NVG, rangefinder and the L85 disabled and the game plays out much better.

• Like 1

I don't think it has anything to do with hand holding or crybabies. The fact of the matter is - being able to thermal scan through bushes is overpowered, having perfect vision during the darkest nights is overpowered, and a sniper rifle that 1 shot kills anything is overpowered.

Have you played SurviveDayZ mod? They have all sniper rifles, NVG, rangefinder and the L85 disabled and the game plays out much better.

Then go play that! I really don't care I think whatever Rocket feels is best for DayZ is what I will use.

And for that matter, if those weapons are removed you'll be back crying because everyone is using LMG's and it isn't fair/realistic/some excuse to claim it doesn't fit. I mean why do I have to reload when they are throwing 100's of rounds at you? Or the M203 with HE rounds blasting your entire squad.

Go play WarZ or let Rocket create the game he wants. As for the L85 honestly to me it is trash, NVGs will need batteries in the stand alone. Quit griping and see what is to come and how that effects your lol balance.

• Like 2

Then go play that! I really don't care I think whatever Rocket feels is best for DayZ is what I will use.

Go play WarZ or let Rocket create the game he wants.

Yes but he needs feedback in order to create a good game. Thats what we are giving.

Yes but he needs feedback in order to create a good game. Thats what we are giving.

There is feedback, and then there is the constant Whining (so close to THAT video at the moment) about Thermals and NVG's... end of the day its a former Soviet State, after a Civil War, and now Post Apocalypse.... i'd be kinda pissed if i couldn't find Thermals and NVG's in that kinda situation....

PS any more whining and i post the video!

Well looking at the poll #'s i'd disagree. Plus this is nerd herding nothing less. But I've said all I needed to say, he will create the game he envisions. I will either play it or not, I won't come here whining about the the things I don't like. I will either learn to overcome them or leave quietly.

Have a great day/night depending on where you live.

Same day and night on every server? So in some country you would have night in day -.- and you could never play on daytime aervers

wait, could you explain that just a little clearer please?? i don't quite understand what you are meaning