Sign in to follow this  
tomallbones@gmail.com

People who moan about bandits / the inability to survive

For me most people who complain about bandits do not realise the importance of being able to do what you want in the game, and why it is so popular because of what you're able to do. It makes the game for dare I say most people. I'm not saying the survival side should therefore be overlooked, as without that too the game wouldn't be half as good as it is either. I also feel zombies should be a bigger threat but I hear that they are going to be in the standalone.

The main issue is surely just the hacking and duping that is present in every dayz server these days, making the game far less enjoyable and the reason why I've stopped playing for the time being, waiting for the stand alone to hopefully fix that.

When everyone can dupe thermal as50's or go godmode and teleport to your location, of course you will die ten times more often than you usually would, but suggesting to tone down people's ability to kill you is in my opinion a step in the wrong direction and limits the players freedom and therefore enjoyment of the game. I personally play to group up with my friends, survive zombies and find weapons, preferably off of players we have found and killed. People say "ask if they are friendly before you shoot", but come on..shall I ask before or after he decides to shoot me in the face? It's not worth the risk.

I can't wait for the standalone which will hopefully eliminate most of the hacking that we see in dayz right now, amongst other positives the standalone is expected to bring us. Since Warz is basically a fraud and a bad one at that

shown in this video my friend showed me earlier, I don't think the devs have to worry too much about it, the main issue being a lot of people think WarZ is connected directly to DayZ.

Anyway just wanted to share my opinion, I'm not calling anybody wrong or stupid just trying to give balanced facts about the game we know atm :)

• Like 2

WarZ isnt a scam just because it is very similar to dayz.

They are both different games and I will enjoy both equally.

Ohh man... nah its like suppossed to be realistic man... yah know, like through out human history power vaccums, have only ever led to drum circles and spontaneous out breaks o camp side kumbaya man... like yah know... and whats more, in the real world man, like guns they dont exist an stuff.. cause i havent got one man.. so there is the proof man... so they need to get rid o these military type guns man, because theyre like only real in games n stuff like.. not in the real world man... i mean what would military weapons be doing like in a zombie apocalypse, like as if they would call in the military or something with their guns and stuff to stop a zombie apocalypse.. no way man.. it would all be rainbows and hugs and cute lil furry animals man.

I thought id preempt yah beat necks. ;)

Ohh man... nah its like suppossed to be realistic man... yah know, like through out human history power vaccums, have only ever led to drum circles and spontaneous out breaks o camp side kumbaya man... like yah know... and whats more, in the real world man, like guns they dont exist an stuff.. cause i havent got one man.. so there is the proof man... so they need to get rid o these military type guns man, because theyre like only real in games n stuff like.. not in the real world man... i mean what would military weapons be doing like in a zombie apocalypse, like as if they would call in the military or something with their guns and stuff to stop a zombie apocalypse.. no way man.. it would all be rainbows and hugs and cute lil furry animals man.

I thought id preempt yah beat necks. ;)

Indeed, military weapons are exciting to find if they're actually rare e.g. not hacked / duped to make them common, as the thread suggests, so why people whine I don't know.

It may not be a scam, but it is a blatant rip-off.

Look up Rhinocrunch's videos. (There's one in the OP's post.)

Plus, this is in their Alpha footage: http://puu.sh/15yO7

What does that remind you of?

This, maybe? http://puu.sh/15yLg or http://puu.sh/15yLG ?

1) Choices and freedom is fantastic, as long as there's a balance. At the moment there's no balance and the "play peacefully" choice doesn't exist because you're forced to play in a defensive, often hostile, manner due to the overall tone of the playerbase.

2) Who cares what WarZ is doing and how it's doing it. "Originality" has never been a sacred concept in creation let alone business. The question is whether it can add to the industry/genre and do some stuff better than DayZ.

The Crysis-style on the fly weapon modifications for example are fantastic. They may be a blatent rip-off and they could stand to go over a visual overhaul to differentiate from Crysis, but they are visually intuitive and the system itself is very handy to have as a game mechanic. No other game has this sort of thing (that I know of) so why not use what works and apply it to a different game? Did they invent it? No. Did Crysis invent the first person shooter? No. Did Microsoft create the windows style interface for operating systems? No.

There are plenty of popular titles out there that are essentially "rip offs" but it's how you set them apart. WarZ may have a far more intuitive and user firendly environment. It might offer everything DayZ does, but just be more accessable. What's wrong with that?

Edited by -AoXo-

So If anything is similar to DayZ its a scam and a Wripoff.

Makes sense.

Your topic makes me moist

Thank you for making this people need to know the facts you are a smart guy WarZ is a piece of banana monkey muffin balony $#!^ and I am glad someone else accepts that

I thought I took a step back in time reading this thread. Also please top posting RhinoCrunch videos, the guy is an absolutely dickbag. Thx.

• Like 3

I thought I took a step back in time reading this thread. Also please top posting RhinoCrunch videos, the guy is an absolutely dickbag. Thx.

Sometimes "dickbags" tell the truth

Don't u mean ull try WarZ out? cuz how do u know ull enjoy it?

DayZ is the original so get used to people saying that.

I agree with the topic DayZ is s great game/mod.

Once money starts getting pored into it it can only go upwards.

Well, people at the coast should expect to be shot. I mean, there so many cheaters and dupers with sniper rifles. But even after they've fixed that they will simply be killed on sight (feels better than 'site') by people with lesser guns, albeit in closer range.

Or pubstomped by pre-made groups on raidcall/teamspeak like me and my clan.

People who want to play the "hiding in a lone house in the swamps with their companions and a shotgun. Trying to survive from zombies."-type of gameplay will always be complaining if stuff doesn't answer their idea of a zombie apocalypse.

And sometimes they are just retarded dickbags.

Don't u mean ull try WarZ out? cuz how do u know ull enjoy it?

DayZ is the original so get used to people saying that.

I agree with the topic DayZ is s great game/mod.

Once money starts getting pored into it it can only go upwards.

I completely agree with you about this game and bandits. The ability to choose with minimal forced consequence is what makes the game, that and the random nature of the human element.

I don't, however, agree with you about WarZ and the scam angle. First of all, RhinoCrunch is a money hungry retard. I remember the video he posted talking about how he's not in it to make money, but then spends 10 minutes explaining why he has the right to make money by asking his subscribers for donations for a new computer and charging a lot of money per head for his private server. So if anyone is running a scam, it's him. And he's pretty terrible at the game, too, so I guess he's more of an enigma. Ultimately, though, I don't think the war z looks like anything special, if anything I call it ArcadeZ. I'm still going to try it, though, because why not. Besides, I can't properly knock it until I try it, and who knows. Maybe it'll add something that is lacking in DayZ (although quite doubtful).

Edited by DrunkPunk
  • Like 2

Here is the thing, WarZ immediately was announced right after DayZ was officially getting major success.

It's extremely unprofessional to basically announce the same thing IMMEDIATELY after one was released, and making statements that it was the FIRST in development.

I won't pre-order WarZ, but if I see good reviews for it, I might take it for a spin, but my true love will always be my long DayZ.

I'll be checking the WarZ forums and twitchtv streams after the 15th (when the 30 and 50$ People start playing). I expect a shitstorm of people crying and complaining. But if the game is actually good, I might try it out as well.

Edited by Raging

1) Choices and freedom is fantastic, as long as there's a balance. At the moment there's no balance and the "play peacefully" choice doesn't exist because you're forced to play in a defensive, often hostile, manner due to the overall tone of the playerbase.

2) Who cares what WarZ is doing and how it's doing it. "Originality" has never been a sacred concept in creation let alone business. The question is whether it can add to the industry/genre and do some stuff better than DayZ.

The Crysis-style on the fly weapon modifications for example are fantastic. They may be a blatent rip-off and they could stand to go over a visual overhaul to differentiate from Crysis, but they are visually intuitive and the system itself is very handy to have as a game mechanic. No other game has this sort of thing (that I know of) so why not use what works and apply it to a different game? Did they invent it? No. Did Crysis invent the first person shooter? No. Did Microsoft create the windows style interface for operating systems? No.

There are plenty of popular titles out there that are essentially "rip offs" but it's how you set them apart. WarZ may have a far more intuitive and user firendly environment. It might offer everything DayZ does, but just be more accessable. What's wrong with that?

1.You arent forced to be hostile ive met plenty of friendly people and proceeded to shoot them in the face

2. Warz will be terrible it will have safe zones, no zombie areas, you can buy gear and supplies, and it was hastily put together and forces you to pay for alpha beta AND the finished game

• Like 1

I completely agree with you about this game and bandits. The ability to choose with minimal forced consequence is what makes the game, that and the random nature of the human element.

I don't, however, agree with you about WarZ and the scam angle. First of all, RhinoCrunch is a money hungry retard. I remember the video he posted talking about how he's not in it to make money, but then spends 10 minutes explaining why he has the right to make money by asking his subscribers for donations for a new computer and charging a lot of money per head for his private server. So if anyone is running a scam, it's him. And he's pretty terrible at the game, too, so I guess he's more of an enigma. Ultimately, though, I don't think the war z looks like anything special, if anything I call it ArcadeZ. I'm still going to try it, though, because why not. Besides, I can't properly knock it until I try it, and who knows. Maybe it'll add something that is lacking in DayZ (although quite doubtful).

+1

Rhinocrunch is such a AW like so many others on youtube.

1.You arent forced to be hostile ive met plenty of friendly people and proceeded to shoot them in the face

2. Warz will be terrible it will have safe zones, no zombie areas, you can buy gear and supplies, and it was hastily put together and forces you to pay for alpha beta AND the finished game

>and then you shoot them in the face, which is exactly why people need to act hostile. by your logic (semantics really)

you don't need to do a lot of stuff in DayZ, but defending yourself to survive is one of them and this isn't the kind of game where defense comes after being attacked. Either you attack first or you die.

There is a lot of conjecture on his end. When someone says "a game has been in development" that can mean lots of things. That doesn't mean that it was a working video game with finished assets. "In development" can mean the earliest of early concept phases - it can mean a bunch of business or development heads sitting around going "should we do a zombie game?" for six months. So yes, WarZ could very easily have been in development for 2 years, or longer (fuck, people have ideas from 20 years that are worked on but don't seriously come to light until a few years from actual release). He also ranted about it using assets from their previous title. Well we know that DayZ will be doing the same thing for a start, so he's just being a prick there, but he's also ignoring the fact that MANY video games not only use place holder assets during production, but that they often reuse assets in the final game. (Many of Valve games share assets such as sounds). He also bitched about website and twitter accounts not being created until recently - well video games don't always have names early on. I know with book publishing the title authors suggest don't always get chosen, so it'd be ridiculous if an author went around making websites for a book called "Thunderpussy" if the publishers decided (and have every right to if it's in the contract) to change the name. They'd have to go and recreate the website and everything. I can't remember many other details as I watched the video yesterday, but he spent a good amount of time saying he wasn't a fanboy and then proceeded to rip on a game for a bunch of issues that is complete conjecture on his part. Even if he's correct the practice isn't knew to creative design and he's acting like a child because something he likes is "being copied" (welcome to the real world buddy).

This guy is just a self-contradicting dickbag ranting for the sake of it without presenting a fair argument.

• Like 1