theg481

Weather system and Natural Disasters

I know that there will be a Weather system! But i don't know what kind of impact it will make.

What about a Weather system?

- When the sun is out you will have to drink more often.

- When there is a high wind you will walk slow(er) when you walk against it, and when you walk with the wind you will walk faster

- When its raining you will need Heatpacks more often (I know that it already is in the mod).

What about Natural Disasters?

- Sandstorms

*Make you see very little

- Tornado's

*When stuck in one, you will have 5% chance to get teleported somewhere else and lose some gear.

*When stuck in one, you will have 95% change to die.

- Water flood

*Some area's around the sea will flood and eventually makes you swim in the flooded area.

- Each disaster has a very small chance to occur each ?? minutes?

If you have more idea's, please leave a comment!

A sandstorm in Russia? What are you smoking and can I have some?

Edit: NL, I see... I know what you're smoking. Can I have some?

Edited by mZLY
  • Like 4

A sandstorm in Russia?

If more maps get released (maybe Takistan / Desert style), then a Sandstorm would be great imo.

If more maps get released (maybe Takistan / Desert style), then a Sandstorm would be great imo.

Those maps aren't official. Posting suggestions for them here is pointless, and Rocket has more than enough on his plate right now with the standalone. Extra official maps aren't worth thinking about for a long, long time.

Replace "Sandstorm" with "Rolling Fog" not really a natural disaster but it's a lot more common and wouldn't look out of place.

2.jpg

95% chance to die in a tornado?! FUCK THAT! I would be well pissed if I got killed by the wind in a videogame!

Edited by Chabowski
  • Like 3

95% chance to die in a tornado?! FUCK THAT! I would be well pissed if I got killed by the wind in a videogame!

Maybe i forgot to say that you can avoid a Tornado, maybe its good to look at the sky's to see it is going to appear and then you can locate where it starts, so you can run away from it... and also Tornado's aren't that common, since they aren't really common in real life. Suggestions can always change... if you (and more people) don't like the rates / idea, then we can edit that.

• Like 1

Tornado's don't happen in Europe either, lol. We don't have natural disasters other than flooding TBH...

We do get tornadoes, it's just that hills tend to kill them pretty quick, and they're only ever small compared to what is considered newsworthy.

Blizzards would be cool, ties in with windy banter.

Replace "Sandstorm" with "Rolling Fog" not really a natural disaster but it's a lot more common and wouldn't look out of place.

blizzards if there are seasons. Those are more likely to occur in eastern europe.

Rolling fog would be a nice addition to set the mood and add some needed cover from bandits. Extreme Weather conditions would be a great way to make long hikes to other towns a challenge and require some good planning.

I'd hate dying to weather. Gearing up, heading north, just getting to the good areas.... BAMMMM. TORNADO BITCH! 

All over. The work. Sweat. Tears. 

Would be interesting to have lightning which can actually strike players, very very small chance of course... unless you are standing on top of a hill holding a metal rod above your head.

What I want most, is 4 seasons... but I doubt that will be done. Too much to make it snow in winter and actually cover the ground etc..   sigh..

Posted 06 October 2012 

Check date please.

N N N N N N Necropost!

Unless you have something major to add to an ancient post please dont ressurect it, rather create a new thread.

Closing.

Rgds

LoK