rocket

Consolidated Weapons/Equipment suggestions

I do like silenced weapons, but I like crossbows and weapons like that. So thinking there is going to be bows in the standalone they are easy to reload but a bit inaccurate compared to the crossbow, but the crossbow takes forever to reload and they are both in the primary slot, so I think there should be a miniature crossbow so that it would go into the secondary slot and be slightly more accurate then the bow and also reloads quicker then the crossbow but does less damage and hard to find.

Just put bottled water in instead of drinking pop 24/7

• Like 2

Less high tech military loots and more civilian type weapons IE: Lee Enfield, Mosin Nagant, double barrel shotgun, over under shotgun (one barrel for bullet, one for shot), AK type weapons (eastern bloc), some sort of .22 rifle and .22 pistol (silent, light, plenty of ammo, can still kill you, perfect sneaky assassin/light packing survivor weapon), Ability to trick your ride out (add corrigated steal panneling, spraypaint it different colours to match with environment, ability to shoot out of vehicles/mount an mg as a turret), BATTLEBUS!!!! (or battle ural), ability to add 7.62mm cans to the guns on the heli so you wont run out of ammo and not be able to reload in any way, hunting knife as weapon, stealthkills (cut throat, choke, smother), molotov cocktails, building bases, splints.

Edited by PracticalTactical
  • Like 1

Drink

Bawls in all variety's

Root Beer

Alcohol

Firearms

PKM Dont know why this isnt in already, we have the western MG,s and the eastern rifles but not this.

AN-94

VS VAL

VSS Vintorez

OC-14

I think these should be in because there should have been Russian special ops units inserted into the Zed Apocalypse.

KSVK. Again we have the western versions of the anti material rifle. There would be the eastern equivalent as well.

G-36 varients

If a system that lets you change optics is not in place then a m1a with iron sights and an m1a with a ACOG. Full auto versions too please.

More variety of civilian guns. Definitely 22s. Like others have said a 30.06 hunting rifle. By "civilian" guns

I mean things of a non military nature. I live where every kind of gun is a civilian gun. But this can include semi auto pistol carbines with high cap mags I guess. Though this is an eastern block country so they are not nearly as heavily armed as us Americans are so it may not make sense if authenticity is cared about. I know its a zombie game and some people bitch about authenticity in this context but I think at least some care should be made so its not too silly.

RPK both in 7.62x39 and 5.45x39.

L82a1 with and without the thermal.

HK USP in 45

Sig 226,220

Glock 18

Glock 20(10mm)

Stechkin aps

Saiga 12. also would like to have the 20 and 30 round drums.

Aug a3

Mosin Nagant. all types.

Mauser 98k

SPEEEEEED up the lee enfield rate of fire. its WAAAAY to slow.

SVU

Mg3 I know that on its higest ROF setting its is a mg42 like bullet hose but it would be fun

G3

Like I mention above if there is no attactment system a m249 with an acog.

In the famous words of Baz Luhrmann: Sunscreen.

8) Hand gestures similar to game/text commands (gestures to show friendly, or military hand gestures to communicate to your team silently)

1 - This would never work in dayZ, people are usually busy looking elsewhere, the field-of view on a computer screen is nothing compared to what you have in real life

2 - Imagine how many actions you'd have to bind, I mean you could do it through some sort of menu system but even so, that's that teamspeak is for.

If you don't talk to eachother in-game for all you know your teammate could be looking at some enemy pointing at him with the fancy gestures while you're busy trying to point out a different enemy assuming your teammate is looking at you.

Imo hand-gestures would only really work in a Cqb envirenment with your f.o.v. cranked up.

I may be completely missing the scenario you have in mind in which hand-gestures would also be useful, if so please to elaborate!

9) The ability to wave a white flag (surrender gesture)

There already is a surrender animation, just go to esc>game options>controls or something like that and bind surrender to something (I have it as y :P)

What about adding weight to stuff. I mean sure wear bodyarmour that stops 7.62 mm that weighs atleast 10kgs, carry a .50 cal rifle that alone weighs 14kgs and ammo for that, add an extra assault rifle to that....

But if you choose to carry that much, you should get fatigued by running with that kind of equipment.

I would love to see fatigue added to the game, and also carry weight, not just inventory size.

What do you other guy/girls feel about that?

• Like 3

Hey Just reading through some of these posts, some are really good. I like the .22 rifle and stuff. Low caliber something you would find in a real world.

I also think the game needs to focus on survival more. I like the food, water, blood and temperature aspect but more on survival as fishing or traps for animals (I know this has been mentioned previous). Maybe add in some bushcraft. True survival, like the map and compass idea. you need to know how to kinda navigate with map and compass. Also player traps with nets or something.

Like most people you play this game, they want realism and like some of them do real things in life like hunting bushcraft ect. and i think it these people Rocket should be talking to as well and listening to what the game is lacking to be a real survival game. At the moment the players are the main worry with zombies as well. If survival was harder just alone maybe people would try and team up more as surviving in teams or pairs would be easier.

I think thats what the equipment should be based on, At least in the end anyway. I understand the alpha will get a lot of changes added through the design process.

• Like 1

HI!!! im not sure if its been sujested but how about BOLT CUTTERS/WIRE CUTTERS? so if you have a pair you can just snip a hole through a fence to crawl or crouch through. i got the idea while trying to find an entrance to a fenced off military complex. and if a hole is snipped, it stays until server reset or something like that. i sure hope that this gets implemented

ps. thanks for putting so much effort into this mod and turning it into a fullon standalone :D respect from a fellow new zealander!!!

• Like 2

PDWs, and I don't mean the UZI already in game. I would love to see some high rpm 9mm calibre MP7 or PS90 that you can carry around as your primary to make quick work of zeds and cut up enemy players at close range.

• Like 2

Please for the love of god get rid of that god damn sound effecs of weather. They are to damn loud and etc, give us the option to turn them down as with vehicles so we can hear shots, people walking and etc. The way it is now it not even close to real life, the sounds are way to loud.

Edited by Pure

Well I think I am too late to post because the standalone is coming out in a month.

But I think, depending on what map the game will be of I think:

.50 cal pistols (eg. desert eagle) knuckle dusters

The ability to slit some ones neck with a knife Improvised weaponry eg. sticks, glass, pole

Hand to Hand (must have been mentioned but I don't care)

Flash Bangs

(yes I like Assassins Creed) A hidden Blade (just for shits and giggles) Molotov

.Yes as I said I am sure I am too late but it would be cool to Include some of the items mentioned above

• Like 2

I'm hoping that the thing with the zombies NOT being able to run inside buildings will NEVER be fixed.

A player needs some respite somewhere, those extra few seconds to evaluate whether to run through the opposite door or dish out hot lead justice are invaluable. With Zombies able to run everywhere there would simply be no respite and no prospect of survival under any circumstances.

Perhaps zombies should merely be limited to running only when the player character is running. Having said that, I don't like such half assed design solutions.

Edited by Treehugger

lol @ vecuccio, maybe if you ask nicely they will leave you be...not really, they should be deadly.. now they are just annoying pain in the ass around the continous pvp.

ps. and this thread is about items, its pointless to suggest anything on the gameplay aspect as we dont know how they are making it be in the first place... when the SA comes out is time to start thinking how to adjust it, but surely it wont be anything like the mod is now.

I would like to see variety of bottles to use as "water bottle" now, large "tanks" for camp use etc, movable only by vehicle or slowly with by hand... etc etc.

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 2

dont know if someone already said it but I d like to have a fishing rod. not that I m much into fishing in real life but I think dayz sometimes has such a beautiful landscape that fishing would be hella tits and the practical use too. and for those who like to survive living in the woods it would be a great feature to make life worth living^^

speaking of fishing. I miss some serious river in the land of the apocalypse. I mean come on... a waterfall and some river from a mountain spring through fields and woods finally entering the 'ocean' (or whatever^^) ? To make things interesting the chances to catch a fish from the river is higher then at some pond. survivor would meet up randomly going fishing while bandits could lure^^ them.

Well I find those ideas very interesting but maybe its just me^^

• Like 1

dont know if someone already said it but I d like to have a fishing rod. not that I m much into fishing in real life but I think dayz sometimes has such a beautiful landscape that fishing would be hella tits and the practical use too. and for those who like to survive living in the woods it would be a great feature to make life worth living^^

speaking of fishing. I miss some serious river in the land of the apocalypse. I mean come on... a waterfall and some river from a mountain spring through fields and woods finally entering the 'ocean' (or whatever^^) ? To make things interesting the chances to catch a fish from the river is higher then at some pond. survivor would meet up randomly going fishing while bandits could lure^^ them.

Well I find those ideas very interesting but maybe its just me^^

Fishing? Hmm. Another way to get fresh meat! And tell me, who wouldnt fish in a zombie apocalypse!

I was thinking it would be cool if you could see the 'history' of a gun: how many owners, how many people killed, etc

• Like 1

I was thinking it would be cool if you could see the 'history' of a gun: how many owners, how many people killed, etc

It would be really cool!

But not really realistic. :-(

Having weapon malfunctions that need to be cleared would be nice, however not on properly maintained weapons (since properly maintained quality weapons and quality ammo rarely malfunction in real life). But only on poorly cared for weapons, which leads me to my next suggestion...

Cleaning kits for rifle maintenance would be nice also. If possible, the rifle would stay in a constant state of excellent condition unless exposed to rain or is fired. Then it would need to be cleaned or it would very slowly deteriorate, causing it to jam more frequently. Cleaning kits could be a tool belt item. Therefore people who have yet to find it would think twice about taking their brand new AKM and firing it for mindless murdering on the coast and might even think twice about using it to hunt for food. Instead, deciding to forage the grocery for beans and saving the weapon for a truely needful self defense situation, at least until the cleaning kit is found.

Also, I would like to see interchangable optics, so you find the optical sights separate from the rifle. I can put a red dot or a ACOG on my M4 with a flat top receiver, so I should be able to swap them around in the game. That way I could have an M4 with a red dot for city runs, but carry a ACOG for long ranges and switch them out if I need more reach.

Edited by Samurai004
  • Like 1

Radios and radio buildings would be awesome. I was thinking something like this:

-Walkie Talkies: Can voice-chat with anyone in your frequency. You can communicate perfectly in a 100 mts radio and the quality degrades from good to nothing from 100 to 300 mts, zombies and players (without a walkie talkie, of course) around 25 mts can hear you and the radio if turned on. You can also moderate the walkie talkie sound and throw the item to get zombies/players distracted with the spot where the walkie-talkie falls.

-Radio towers: Can voice-chat with anyone in the frequency. You can communicate perfectly with any walkie talkie in a 1000 mts radio and the quality degrades from good to nothing from 1000 to 3000 mts. BUT zombies and players around a 50 mts radio can hear the tower's radio sound and/or voice-chat.

About the weapons, anything but weapons degrading like to 0. That just sucks, check Dead Island for instance. How the hell do you break an axe because of hitting a zombie?