rocket

Consolidated Weapons/Equipment suggestions

wat.

someone told me the cdf used the g36 and i should find that person and slap him

i should also do my own research before posting

Edited by NoCreativeNames

Considering the game takes place in Chernarus we should see less M4s/M16s and more G36s.

ugg.. The G36 is a horrendous rifle. Very ugly in design. Not sexy at all.

One of my quests will be to put down anyone who has one of these. It would be the humane thing to do.

Now the M16... hell yea baby!!! This is a thang of beauty. Surely the GI's would have left a few of these sexy animals to roam free in Chernaruse after the conflagration...

Edited by codestargod

One of my quests will be to put down anyone who has one of these. It would be the humane thing to do.

Now the M16... hell yea baby!!! This is a thang of beauty. Surely the GI's would have left a few of these sexy animals to roam free in Chernaruse after the conflagration...

i dont care how a weapon looks like. i want a weapon thats reliable, accurate and lightweight ;)

used it by myself, personally i like the style of this rifle =P

• Like 3

i dont care how a weapon looks like. i want a weapon thats reliable, accurate and lightweight ;)

used it by myself, personally i like the style of this rifle =P

Now the M16 is all that and a bag of chips. You know it's true!

look at it with it's sexy round but, and it's smooth triangular hand-guard. mercy me.

Edited by codestargod
  • Like 1

Now the M16 is all that and a bag of chips. You know it's true!

look at it with it's sexy round but, and it's smooth front stock. mercy me.

i like both^^ g36 maybe a little more because its not so cold when touching the carbon fiber-reinforced polyamide xD

and the dual optical sights are also nice B)

• Like 1

Ok, M16 is an historical weapon and M4 is not bad but imho G36c is the best rifle you can get.

• Like 1

eye, beholder
  • Like 1

Ok, M16 is an historical weapon and M4 is not bad but imho G36c is the best rifle you can get for CQB environments.

fixed that for you ^^ sorry! :beans:

• Like 1

How about a throwable nokia...

BUTT*... actually that brings me to a thought.. use mobiles, activate their ring tones, throw them away et voila a distraction.

* see what i did there ; )

• Like 1

I would love melee system worked well, be free to use simple things like a stick and stones, hitting and throwing objects, I feel powerful when using my hands to create chaos in the apocalypse lol

Feel the power:

Hell yeah. There have been so many times where I had no weapon and figured "Fuck it, I'll just run up behind this guy and judo chop him in the back of the face. Oh wait.."

Since Dayz is in former Soviet Union i believe that the british enfield should be replaced by the Moison-Nagant (with a scope option)

I think the Lee Enfield is fine as is, it was used all over the world (and still is IIRC). If anything the Mosin-Nagant should be added as well.

• Like 1

i want to attach a huge knife, sword, machete or an axe to my rifle.

i also want a dead man switch on my gun, connected to a satchel charge in my backpack.

if i die i will leave a huuuge crater and the explosion would destroy all my gear and hopefully my murderer, too :D

I would actually like to see more variety of motorcycles added, like the Jawa 323 from Operation Arrowhead. Put in a road bike or a cruiser, not that it adds any real functionality (maybe a slightly larger fuel tank or a bit more storage), but because nothing says cool in the Zombie Apocalypse like a man on a motorcycle with a gun (Sunglasses and a cigarette hanging out of the mouth don't hurt either).

I've also had a thought for upgrades and repairs on vehicles.

Changing out fuel injectors to get better gas mileage.

Adding cans of fix-a-flat to provide temporary repairs for flat tires (Basically a quick "tactical" fix, making it so the tire wears out over a short time and is more susceptible to damage, but still drivable).

Replacing the muffler to make the vehicle quieter.

Saddlebags for motorcycles (adds cargo space). Gun racks for cars (increases cargo space by adding weapon specific slots). Roof racks for cars (again adds cargo space).

And I'm assuming the ability to change paint job will be included, but in case it's not, Spray paint to change the paint job.

I'd personally love to see less military weapons, i.e. so that weapons such as M4/AK would be as rare as SVD in the mod, and a lot more civilian weapons, shotguns, handguns, and ofc. melee ones. And definitely no .50 cal's, LMG's/MG's, NVG's and so on at all... But that's probably not going to happen, so I'm just gonna sit and quietly wait until the release :)

booby traps would and should be used more.

this would be used alot with people defending areas of residence and high loot.

shallow pit with spikes maybe covered with foilidge , trip wired explosive mines maybe , or two grenades with trip wires, nail bomb , collect nails in jar and to explosive, many possiblities.

I would actually like to see more variety of motorcycles added, like the Jawa 323 from Operation Arrowhead.

Jawa 323...

What next, Wookie 3000?

Requires a ghillie suit to operate..

• Like 1

Could we add the toilet-paper to the throwables table?

It doesn't make a lot of sense throwing it, but it also doesn't make a lot of sense that you can't

There was a thread in january suggesting more throwables, but no mentioning in it wether that's a difficult thing to do or not.

I also like the suggestion that you should be able to throw your gun, as it would increase the damage makarov does :-)

Surgery equipment and special inventory "emergency slots" for bullets and bolts/arrows in my body.

For example: Some bad guy put an arrow in my hand(or leg),and i hardly escaped from him or just killed this bandit,but i still got this piece of wood or steel in my body in "special emergency slot",and i can not just "unequip" this "present" without a friendly "doctor" who has some surgery equipment ,or at least a knife and a booze as antiseptic and anastetic(but without professional doctor's tools it will be a higher chance to significant blood loss and infection).

Maybe i can temporary stop the blood by myself,but if i run alot(or get some other physical work) with pierced hand(or a bullet in my ass),i can start bleeding again,and of course i cannot shoot effectively when i'm wounded.Without surgery my character should have an restriction to maximum health level:the more "unauthorized items" in my body i have,the less maximum health i could restore.

Well,maybe i could try to extract this arrow by myself,but this will cause intensive bleeding and high chance of infection,even if i treat the wound,because i can fell unconscious in the middle of operation.

Bolts and arrows can be infected or poisoned sometimes.The bullets are not poisoned or infected,and i could let the bullet to stay inside sometimes(even if the lead is not good for health),because unprofessional bullet extraction could cause some critical damage and blood loss..and death.Then i should just treat the wound and get some rest till i get better.

By the way:some guys can live with a bullets in their hads happily.

Pain border system

If i get hurt and feel too much pain i fell unconscious.So i must eat some drugs or drink some Vodka.That's it

Edited by Answord

Surgery equipment and special inventory "emergency slots" for bullets and bolts/arrows in my body.

For example: Some bad guy put an arrow in my hand(or leg),and i hardly escaped from him or just killed this bandit,but i still got this piece of wood or steel in my body in "special emergency slot",and i can not just "unequip" this "present" without a friendly "doctor" who has some surgery equipment ,or at least a knife and a booze as antiseptic and anastetic(but without professional doctor's tools it will be a higher chance to significant blood loss and infection).

Maybe i can temporary stop the blood by myself,but if i run alot(or get some other physical work) with pierced hand(or a bullet in my ass),i can start bleeding again,and of course i cannot shoot effectively when i'm wounded.Without surgery my character should have an restriction to maximum health level:the more "unauthorized items" in my body i have,the less maximum health i could restore.

Well,maybe i could try to extract this arrow by myself,but this will cause intensive bleeding and high chance of infection,even if i treat the wound,because i can fell unconscious in the middle of operation.

Bolts and arrows can be infected or poisoned sometimes.The bullets are not poisoned or infected,and i could let the bullet to stay inside sometimes(even if the lead is not good for health),because unprofessional bullet extraction could cause some critical damage and blood loss..and death.Then i should just treat the wound and get some rest till i get better.

By the way:some guys can live with a bullets in their hads happily.

Pain border system

If i get hurt and feel too much pain i fell unconscious.So i must eat some drugs or drink some Vodka.That's it

Fuck that. Too complex, it needs to be simple yet challenging.

Fuck that. Too complex, it needs to be simple yet challenging.

Maybe,but in today games everyone is a hero,who can kill a dozen of SWAT-robots and destroy a tank by a laser beams from an...

Anyway IRL we are just fragile piece of meat and bones.Broken leg in the middle of the forest in cold and rainy weather? Are you alone?You are dead!

In such open world,like dayz ,people need to cooperate if they wanna live,and they should appreciate their life(and their character's life).Not like now,when everybody jump from a lighthouse just for new respawn point closer to big city,just to take AKM and go to the roof of the hospital to shoot some folks just for fun.

I think we need some mechanisms here to make people to cooperate.Some cruel hardcore systems and mechanisms.

Do you like to kill people?Well you always can play bf.But here,if you going to kill someone,it has to be a good reason for it.Yeah,there should be a lone-wolf maniacs,who kills everyone in their range of fire,but they should be rare,and liven not long enough to see next server restart.Cause this game is not just for shooting,it's mainly for survival and learn how to survive and cooperate.

IMHO

Edited by Answord
  • Like 1