Taiphoz

Solders to shoot at ?? Active Mill base ?

We need an Active Millitary base with soldiers protecting it, you know all those ones that have survived the infection, put their base on the map so we can assault it, and up the spawns so that its more rewarding based on higher risk..

I'd prefer the idea of players guarding their own base, I like not having any alive NPCS

I've seen a couple private hives posted with NPC events..

Rocket said himself that he doesn't want to add safe zones unless it was made by the player. It makes sense though, because heading over to the nearest safezone would probably be everyone's objective then, and it would be a bloodfest anyways because of the likely high player population there.

Unless you mean just a base you attack?

Edited by Gesundheit

yeah but there ARE alive npc's and their soldiers, who do you think keep sending out Helicopters that then for unkown reasons crash all over the place.

so there is existing in the game now the implied military force alive some where.

yeah but there ARE alive npc's and their soldiers, who do you think keep sending out Helicopters that then for unkown reasons crash all over the place.

so there is existing in the game now the implied military force alive some where.

Obviously the helicopters are being piloted by zombies, as they perform duties that have been drilled into them... but as the disease, time further degregates the brain tissue, even these drilled in reactions leave the Z's... and they crash! Why else would there be zombie flight crews roaming around the crash sites i ask yah?

• Like 1

Sorry to say but: Gun-Wielding-AI would ruin the point of Day Z. (Not that I don't support Private Hive silliness, like Terrex said) But having something like this in the main game would kinda ruin the point. Day Z is about human-on-human interaction, shooting NPC's (or having a heavy npc focus) ruins the "anti-game" appeal of Day Z.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/96009-arm-the-infected/page__hl__+arm%20+the%20+zeds#entry904162

There is absolutely no need to add a computer controlled militia to DayZ, the entire purpose of the game is to create a world where we are the ONLY survivors. Everyone you can interact (or firefight) with is HUMAN, everyone else is a mindless (AI) zombie out to hunt and eat you, and that can't be changed without compromising the entire theme.

Rocket has already stated there will be no npcs

/thread