Mysticales

Week 3 Ivan and Martin arrested. Show them you care

Show them you care

A4OgM2QCYAA08Cg.jpg

Send Ivan and Martin a postcard!

Martin Pezlar and Ivan Buchta, developers at Bohemia Interactive are being detained in greece, and charged of espionage - read the facts here To show your support, there are several ways. One of them is by sending a postcard.

We will print the submitted cards, and send them to Ivan and Martin. Of course there are limits to the amount of mail a 'inmate' can receive. Therefore we will select some of the submissions and send them to them on a weekly basis - until they are free. After their release, all cards are sent to them again.

Head over to www.helpivanmartin.org and send your postcard!

hmmm....maybe because greece doesn't have terrorists trying to blow everything up at the very first chance they get? :)

I would have thought of a more witty comment but you're not even worth the time for that....

For that to happen you would have to be relevant, boom.

But seriously I am not trying to flame the country of Greece or the Greek people, some of us are just upset at the absurd fact that authorities in Greece can not tell the difference between espionage and tourists. Say what you will about the CIA or FBI but they would have just bounced these two out of the country after finding out rather quickly that it was a mistake and not a threat to national security.

Edited by Zombie Jesus

I guess that's number four for what Greece is most known for.

Economical collapse

Forest fires

Rioting

And the wrongful imprisonment of video game designers

And olive oil..

I just kid... But seriously I dont

• Like 1

For that to happen you would have to be relevant, boom.

But seriously I am not trying to flame the country of Greece or the Greek people, some of us are just upset at the absurd fact that authorities in Greece can not tell the difference between espionage and tourists. Say what you will about the CIA or FBI but they would have just bounced these two out of the country after finding out rather quickly that it was a mistake and not a threat to national security.

my answer could not have been more relevant than that(read the question of the guy at his post)... ;)

Now as for what you said.Yes they can tell the difference between espionage and tourists but there are certain procedures that have to be done no matter who they are and no matter why they were arrested.Yes the system of Greece is pretty slow but that's how it works for too many years now and I don't think it will change

for two game developers that they arrested.....

I guess that's number four for what Greece is most known for.

Economical collapse

Forest fires

Rioting

And the wrongful imprisonment of video game designers

And olive oil..

I just kid... But seriously I dont

hm I thought greece was known for its culture,philosophers and generally the base of all civilization but hey...you're pretty smart so you're probably right.

Edited by Arch0N

my answer could not have been more relevant than that(read the question of the guy at his post)... ;)

Now as for what you said.Yes they can tell the difference between espionage and tourists but there are certain procedures that have to be done no matter who they are and no matter why they were arrested.Yes the system of Greece is pretty slow but that's how it works for too many years now and I don't think it will change

for two game developers that they arrested.....

hm I thought greece was known for its culture,philosophers and generally the base of all civilization but hey...you're pretty smart so you're probably right.

On the 1st quote he meant your country must be revelant.

On the 2nd. You are now known as a bankrupted country mooching off the IMF and the EU. What you used to be matters little. Ask the USA about that.

Also 2 tourist being kidnapped and held for ransom is never justified. This is what your government is doing, and my family and I will never return on holiday to Grease. (yeah I spelt it wrong on purpose)

Although I am sure your broke ass country will get there ransom after all.

Edited by Pendragon

Where I am from you cannot take photographs near airports. I thought it was common sense in these times. Anyways, good luck with it.

• Like 1

Greece is just buthurt because of Arma3 featuring an island that resembles one of their islands.

On the 1st quote he meant your country must be revelant.

On the 2nd. You are now known as a bankrupted country mooching off the IMF and the EU. What you used to be matters little. Ask the USA about that.

Also 2 tourist being kidnapped and held for ransom is never justified. This is what your government is doing, and my family and I will never return on holiday to Grease. (yeah I spelt it wrong on purpose)

Although I am sure your broke ass country will get there ransom after all.

mooching off the IMF and the EU hahahaha....

you must really love the media don't you?

have you ever heard of what propaganda means...that's what your media is doing.

if that's all you know of Greece then you're just another couch potato who believes whatever junk they tell you.

If you want to accuse a country of something first get your facts straight....

"Also 2 tourist being kidnapped and held for ransom is never justified. This is what your government is doing, and my family and I will never return on holiday to Grease. (yeah I spelt it wrong on purpose)"

kidnapped for ransom?hahahaha

that's the most ridiculous thing I've read today....do you know what a law is?do you know that even in Greece people have to obey it no matter if they are tourists or locals?if you don't know that people in countries across the world follow a set of laws then ....ok nevermind,if you do then you're just another ignorant fanboy

who just wants his game to be released.

as for the vacation part I'm sure Greece will miss you. :)

mooching off the IMF and the EU hahahaha....

you must really love the media don't you?

have you ever heard of what propaganda means...that's what your media is doing.

if that's all you know of Greece then you're just another couch potato who believes whatever junk they tell you.

If you want to accuse a country of something first get your facts straight....

"Also 2 tourist being kidnapped and held for ransom is never justified. This is what your government is doing, and my family and I will never return on holiday to Grease. (yeah I spelt it wrong on purpose)"

kidnapped for ransom?hahahaha

that's the most ridiculous thing I've read today....do you know what a law is?do you know that even in Greece people have to obey it no matter if they are tourists or locals?if you don't know that people in countries across the world follow a set of laws then ....ok nevermind,if you do then you're just another ignorant fanboy

who just wants his game to be released.

as for the vacation part I'm sure Greece will miss you. :)

ok fill me in? So Greece isn't looking at austerity? You are not needing more "loans" to cover the cost to run your government? Hmmm maybe its all alie then and you guys are just scamming the world! Brilliant!

Yes it is true that laws are to be followed. But in most civilized countries you are not convicted as a spy/terrorist unless the proof is

there. Otherwise every shmoe who takes a picture/video in an airport would be in prison. Sometimes people wander onto military bases by accident, should they face 20 years or be fined and released? (just an example)

Now this trial will either prove your government was right, or wasted more money. (if by chance they are terrorist i will eat my words and apologize to you. I highly doubt i will have to.)

As for missing my vacation dollars probably not! I don't care if they do or don't. Just know my money isn't supporting a government i feel is being rash is good enough for me.

Edit oh and btw it has nothing to do with the game other then I heard it hear. This is about governments being dumbasses when it comes to terrorism. A suspicious government should be viewed with suspicion. You think I am critical of Greece, you should hear me rant about my own!

Edited by Pendragon

ok fill me in? So Greece isn't looking at austerity? You are not needing more "loans" to cover the cost to run your government? Hmmm maybe its all alie then and you guys are just scamming the world! Brilliant!

If anything, they are scamming the banks. Im all for that. Those fucks have been destroying peoples lives for centuries. Not to mention what happened in the US under George.W.

How about we keep it relevant to Martin and Ivan's well being and learve our retarded political views out of this?

• Like 2

How about we keep it relevant to Martin and Ivan's well being and learve our retarded political views out of this?

Actually you are right Dallas. It doesn't help anyone to argue this shit anyway. Let's just hope this gets resolved quickly. My best wishes are with their families and them.

• Like 2

Yes it is true that laws are to be followed. But in most civilized countries you are not convicted as a spy/terrorist unless the proof is

there. Otherwise every shmoe who takes a picture/video in an airport would be in prison. Sometimes people wander onto military bases by accident, should they face 20 years or be fined and released? (just an example)

Now this trial will either prove your government was right, or wasted more money. (if by chance they are terrorist i will eat my words and apologize to you. I highly doubt i will have to.)

As for missing my vacation dollars probably not! I don't care if they do or don't. Just know my money isn't supporting a government i feel is being rash is good enough for me.

Edit oh and btw it has nothing to do with the game other then I heard it hear. This is about governments being dumbasses when it comes to terrorism. A suspicious government should be viewed with suspicion. You think I am critical of Greece, you should hear me rant about my own!

as much as I would like to explain the whole situation of Greece, unfortunately it is not possible in this thread or even in this forum because it's simply not the right place.The only thing I can say is that we are forced to take more "loans" which are not even used by the government for the people.Hell they are not even used,90% of the money are sent back with interest and only 10% is used by us.the hard measures they have forced on us are just a start...try checking if you have the time some real information by the people and not by the media.

they are not convicted they are accused of spying in accordance with the greek regulations against photography of military installations/airports/official residences/military barracks....etc.

after a quick search this is valid on most civilized countries for example england,australia and usa.

A similar case took place before and the result was a small fine.I think the same will happen to the two developers or at least. I hope so.As for my personal opinion yes they should be fined and released in order to be taught a lesson.

Edit:

I won't post in this thread again to avoid further political talks or hatred....

and I'm sorry if I got off-topic.Thank you dallas for setting us to the right path again :D

May the guys get released soon and return to their families.

Edited by Arch0N
  • Like 1

How sad.

There is a Forum for Current Events & (I imagine) political discussions.

Closed.

Until Further Notice.