zeroxiz

Wiping all tents/players/vehicles.

Do you remember the very first time you played DayZ? The coast was the place to get supplies and once you had enough you could decide to take the risk going up in the dangerous north. I remember my first time entering stary very well, careful as hell knowing that stary was the hotspot to get killed. And especially the first time entering the NW airfield. The map seemed like giant and endless when we were all new to it. And if you ever found a DMR you had to be the luckiest guy on earth.. good times..

With that said, I suggest that everything gets wiped. Get rid of the duped and hacked stuff that seems to be everywhere. Ive been through this mod, ive been a newb and ive also had the best stuff you could ever have and was also able to get it by just a small trip. Once you have everything you want and your able to get it x20 more you start to realize that it's not really fun. The fun is to get geared in a legit way, to take the risks and not hide in some bushes with a hacked AS50 Thermal.

Of course there will be people not liking this idea, but give it a thought. And i'm always up for discussions, and I really do think that the amount of duped/hacked items is way to high. Remember when the high caliber sniper rifles got added? They USED to be rare back then..

This is the video that just made me realize all this, I tried private hive and I could not get geared to the teeth in a couple of minutes. It brought back good old memories and made me think.

• Like 1

tl;DR

no wiping, that wont help combat hackers and exploiters, also if you dont want the world to change go to a private server and go play alone, this is a survival game, and the world should change and we addapt to its changes, but now we only have players addapting to players and thats the magic of this game, we make the game evolve in a natural and surprising way, we literally build it, if you dont like change dont play public anymore

I loved the way DayZ used to be without 50. Cals, Thermals or hackers but wiping the hive should be done after the hackers / scripters are dealt with, doing it before that will wipe all the legit peoples hard work and then the hackers / scripters spawn everything back in and they just got off and have fun killing more bean coasters

• Like 5

tl;DR

no wiping, that wont help combat hackers and exploiters, also if you dont want the world to change go to a private server and go play alone, this is a survival game, and the world should change and we addapt to its changes, but now we only have players addapting to players and thats the magic of this game, we make the game evolve in a natural and surprising way, we literally build it, if you dont like change dont play public anymore

That's the problem, the game is not evovling natural. It's evolving by evil minds..

• Like 2

That will piss me and mosst players off it is a bad idea i dont hack and it would suck if i lost my stuff

Everyone has had to adapt to deal with hacks, the entire world of DayZ has become a twisted perverted mess, because some kids are too shit to play legit, and bought and used scripts.

Getting rid of everything is not strictly a bad idea, it will have to be done eventually, the Mod will be fucked beyond repair otherwise. But it's entirely pointless while talentless fuckwits can spawn all they need.

Private hives aren't necessarily immune to scripting, but they're probably the nearest thing to a solution at the moment.

• Like 3

The hackers account for only 10% of all extra weapons/ammo/items. The main problem is that for approx 2 months it was as easy to duplicate stuff as signing off or waiting for a server restart. This really needs to happen start tweeting Rocket telling him this needs to happen.

No. You already die and lose everything as is. Why punish people who have worked hard to find tents and get gear.

Just no.... derp.

@ Seddrik - " You already die and lose everything as is. Why punish people who have worked hard to find tents and get gear."

You directly contradict yourself here... With tents you die and loose (potentially) nothing. SO why "punish" those who work hard for their gear but do not find/use a tent to cheat death?? << sarcasm

My opinion: Let your actions and the actions of those around you decide the fate of a server! Let there be global punishment!

Like this - http://dayzmod.com/f...-scope-of-dayz/

The Doomsday Clock

This is a mechanic that could be used to keep track of how close any particular server/hive has come to utter extinction. It could work like this:

- The 'clock' sits at ten minutes to midnight (Human extinction, end game, total server/hive reset)

- Any death, be it PvP or environmental, moves the 'clock' forward a infintesimal amount. For example lets say 10sec.

- Time can be added to the clock in many ways, my suggestion:

--- every 48hrs the average life expectency (ALE) of the players on a given server is recalculated.

--- Survive for 2x the ALE add 2mins to the clock

--- Survive for 4x the ALE add an additional 3mins

--- Survive for 4+ the ALE and add an additional 30sec for each iteration of the ALE.

These number are of course arbitrary and would require proper ingame testing tweeking/ and thought.

The end game to end games!

So what happens when humanity fails to survive? heres what I think:

- the only way to leave the game is by dying

- The abort button is greyed, much like in the combat logging system. Maybe it is replaced with a suicide button instead? Or a extinction button :) .

- players wishing to join the server are given a warning (maybe?)

- Players have a limited amount of time to contemplate their demise, an hour or two maybe, then the server, players and clock are reset. With people "raging into the night", I imagine the server going to hell would be a chaotic experience!!

Preemptive Q & A

Why would anyone want this?

They may not, so IMO a system like this should be a server setting. Doomsday Clock: Enabled!

This idea obviously discounts the problem of hackers somewhat, and was orginaly concived for a private hive scenario.

Edited by Hoik

If you enjoy starting over with absolutely nothing, feel free to not use tents and then die.

I like to have SOME measure of progress in a game. Can't see my humanity anymore. Harder to hide tents now than before. And now you want to make death a total wipe of gear? Psh. Whatever. Doubt I'll play this game much if it gets to those terms.

Not really a contradiction, you just missed the context. You lose your immediate gear as is. Usually if bandits/hackers get you, they bury your body. Sometimes if your respawn is too far away, you may not have time/ transport to get back to your body.

As for wiping everything because of hackers... they'll just come back in and spawn more. So a total wipe will just punish the legit people who worked to get what they have and will then be wiped, while hackers will be right back in 10 seconds where they were.

Not just a bad idea. Its dumb.

Edited by Seddrik

If you enjoy starting over with absolutely nothing, feel free to not use tents and then die.

I like to have SOME measure of progress in a game. Can't see my humanity anymore. Harder to hide tents now than before. And now you want to make death a total wipe of gear? Psh. Whatever. Doubt I'll play this game much if it gets to those terms.

Not really a contradiction, you just missed the context. You lose your immediate gear as is. Usually if bandits/hackers get you, they bury your body. Sometimes if your respawn is too far away, you may not have time/ transport to get back to your body.

As for wiping everything because of hackers... they'll just come back in and spawn more. So a total wipe will just punish the legit people who worked to get what they have and will then be wiped, while hackers will be right back in 10 seconds where they were.

Not just a bad idea. Its dumb.

Your right contradiction is the wrong word, my bad :unsure: . And you make a good point about hackers - I guess it was you're glib post and my equally glib reply that lead to this...

Anyway - my problem is that currently there is very little "end game", so when you can tool up in a couple of minutes (I know this can happen without tents, but this is not a certanty - which is what makes it fun/interesting IMO) you actually skirt all the content DayZ has to offer (ATM), get bored, and so start hunting people (I don't mean you personally).

EDIT: also the word "punish" in these forums is overused and makes me frown ;)

Edited by Hoik

scarydog2.jpg

Lol... its just a discussion. No ones bent out of shape. (Seeing this picture I laughed so hard... I woke my poor wife up!)

Yeah, I've noticed a number of formerly steady players already drifting away due to the end game not being subtantive. Dayz has no endgame except what you make of it (i.e. banditry, helping others, new maps or other events people may create). Making it harder to get things only makes it less fun IMO, because of how easy it is to get totally wiped anyway. Tents can get robbed easily (especially since its a little harder to hide them now). But I've had way more fun after getting camos and an m249, for example. But then I get to where I don't wanna play, because now I don't want to die and lose it. So making it even harder to get gear... I know I'll likely not play the game at all because I won't see it as very entertaining.

Maybe there should be some different game modes fo Dayz. Like some of the smaller maps provide easier PVP for people, or team battles, etc. Dunno, just trying to think of what will help provide more endgame content.

Didn't mean to be glib or unkind. Its just a discussion about a game. So I just popped off my thoughts.

Edited by Seddrik

Wipe it all. lets all start on an even keel.

I have had all the good stuff and you soon realize the fear of potentially loosing it all is the only thing keeping you from a better gaming experience.

I say get rid of tents when you die.I posted in another thread about survival length giving points to spend if you die.This way you can survive and just spawn with the gear of your choice or die quickly and start with noob gear.This puts emphasis back on surviving and removes the easy re-gear at tents that many here will fight for till the day they leave Dayz.

survival length giving points to spend if you die.This way you can survive and just spawn with the gear of your choice or die quickly and start with noob gear

?

I think this needs a bit more explaining. I nearly choked when I read it.

I'm against hoarding shit, but also against deleting tents on player death, mostly because car parts are a bitch to find when you know you need something specific.

If the server structure in SA is more MMO style, servers won't get reset all the time, so tents will probably have a required "time to reset" like vehicles do.

Might this, along with smart loot spawning(keeping a record + limit how many of each item are stored in one server, so, for example, not everyone can have an AS-50), urge people to hunt out "farmers" camps, instead of moaning about them?

I'm just thinking out loud now, feel free to ignore this post.

EDIT: In my view, the people who re-gear at tents all the time are only cheating themselves out of most of the game.

And then they have the cheek to say they PvP because they're bored. <_< Message to these people -

"It's a sandbox environment. Your lack of imagination is the reason you're bored."

Edited by Chabowski

This is the problem many people have with most games they play. First time they play it's all new and unbelievably hard to master. They die often, respawn often, play more and finally get everything they wanted. They say it's one of the best games they ever played. Though, after playing a little more, they're getting bored. Nothing new, Got everything, seen everything - baah! Then the complaining starts: It's lame, it's too simple, make it harder, the map is too small, too many noobs etc...

No matter what the developer(s) do, they can never make something without getting complaints about whatever.

And to the OP: I don't care about 50. Cals. or other weapons spawning too much or not. You can one-shot-kill everyone around with a headshot, no matter what caliber or weapon you use. I agree, hackers are a pain in the arse, but as long as they just get them weapons, they are something i can handle with. And about gearing up yourself after restart in just a few minutes, it's in nearly EVERY game. You learn to know where to look and what to search. It's not annoying, it's useful. And there will never be a game that's always new, unknown and exciting for every time you restart, no matter how often. Every game will get boring at some time.

- the only way to leave the game is by dying

No.

Ok, then what is a suitable outcome for players bringing about the end of humanity? The server is going to be reset in a couple hours, everything you have worked for is doomed, rage on into the night. If you don't like it, try harder not to be a c*&t in the next 'world'...

As a aside - you can still jump in again, just afresh - you wont be locked out the server. Would locking the players to the server be prefreble??

(Sorry OP, this is totally off subject!)

Edited by Hoik

It's a survival game/sandbox dude, not an end of humanity game/sandbox. You should try the deathmatch servers if that sort of gameplay is what you are looking for.

Im sorry, I think we are getting our wires crossed here :) . Please have a read of the original thread that I quoted from - if you still think Im just trying to cater to "deathmatching" let me know there - Thanks!

Wipe MichaelVoodoo25. Leave everyone else.

Seriously wipe it all, make all the players who have everything lose it all, let their tears feed me for the remainder of the year.

Then when the SA comes out, wipe the servers every 6 month. keep it fresh, unless there are plans for the game that need more than 6 months like growing your own vegetables.

Seriously wipe it all, make all the players who have everything lose it all, let their tears feed me for the remainder of the year.

Then when the SA comes out, wipe the servers every 6 month. keep it fresh, unless there are plans for the game that need more than 6 months like growing your own vegetables.

Why?

Heres how to make Dayz realistic:

1. No one may loggoff after logging on.

2. No loot respawns. Ever.

3. No zombies (no wait they r realz!!!)

4. If you die... thats it. You never get to play again.

Having fun yet?