sostronk

After trying out and practicing with all the sniper rifles for a while now

Really? I mean those 2 are frickin awesome, but blasting someone's face with a svd or m24 is more rewarding. (imho)

Although I am still rocking the dmr, night servers yay! :)

• Like 2

I'm currently playing on a private hive where the L85, AS50 and M107 are taken out of the loot table. It also has state of the art scripting prevention, thus no AS50s or M107s will ever be in the server.

Which means, it's good old M24 and DMR time. It's back to the time where DayZ was actually extremely enjoyable.

• Like 3

I dont know but I still prefer taking out these fully geared as 50 people in electro with the humble CZ 550

A buddy of mine is working on a private hive. The only .50 cal available will be a VSKS and all of the high tier gear you'd usually find on crashed choppers is only available at the barracks. Chopper crashes will only spawn things like M24s, SVDs and assault rifles with various optics. The way DayZ should've been to begin with _b

I'm currently playing on a private hive where the L85, AS50 and M107 are taken out of the loot table. It also has state of the art scripting prevention, thus no AS50s or M107s will ever be in the server.

Which means, it's good old M24 and DMR time. It's back to the time where DayZ was actually extremely enjoyable.

Hey there, I haven't been able to play this game for a few months now because of the hackers.. I kinda just gave it up. But I would like to get back into playing, could you tell me the info on that server so I may finally have somewhere to play? Thanks! ps I'm currently a bandit if it matters, used to run with a 10 man group.. it happens ;)

I prefer the M107 over the AS50 just for the epic sound it makes. You'd scare people off who are in range of 1km2.

• Like 3

I prefer the M107 over the AS50 just for the epic sound it makes. You'd scare people off who are in range of 1km2.

Yup, 107 for life! I took out a V3S on lingor at 800m last night, had a UAZ under fire for 5 minutes whilst it drove around madly, good times!

AS50 and M107 are 1 hit kill monsters. I never use them, it just isn't satisfying firing one bullit to take someone out at 1200m.

Where can u practice with these weapons before using the in game against others?

Arma 2 editor

• Like 1

Where can u practice with these weapons before using the in game against others?

Are you kidding me? Just play ArmA 2.

The preferred option is to download the firing range mission from Armaholic though. It's great.

• Like 2

AS50 and M107 are 1 hit kill monsters. I never use them, it just isn't satisfying firing one bullit to take someone out at 1200m.

1200m? I don't think I have ever been able to see it that far without the fog.. A 1200m kill isn't an easy come by.

1200m? I don't think I have ever been able to see it that far without the fog.. A 1200m kill isn't an easy come by.

Well, I have killed bandits at 900-1000m with the M24, which only zeroes up to 800m. And it was pretty easy, took 2 shots to "zero" with the Mildot.

So you would think they are pretty easy with the .50 cals.

Well, I have killed bandits at 900-1000m with the M24, which only zeroes up to 800m. And it was pretty easy, took 2 shots to "zero" with the Mildot.

So you would think they are pretty easy with the .50 cals.

If you can see someone at that distance, sure. Missed the point though. I don't think I have ever been able to see that far without the fog blocking it. Maybe 1100.

If you can see someone at that distance, sure. Missed the point though. I don't think I have ever been able to see that far without the fog blocking it. Maybe 1100.

There is a video setting for it.

you know you can have those weapons without having to script?

it works like the "local" vehicles - change the weapon in your client, and the server does not care... no scripting/injcting neccesary.

There is a video setting for it.

Terrain detail and view distance are locked by the mission. This is to prevent removing all the grass and for people with really good computers to have an advantage by seeing people twice as far away as normal.

I like the DMR personally I like having to use the milidots instead of zeroing just makes it feel a bit more rewarding.

Hey there, I haven't been able to play this game for a few months now because of the hackers.. I kinda just gave it up. But I would like to get back into playing, could you tell me the info on that server so I may finally have somewhere to play? Thanks! ps I'm currently a bandit if it matters, used to run with a 10 man group.. it happens ;)

Sorry for completely ignoring you...

I would tell you the server, but it's kind of gone weird and shut down since last restart.

I then switched to another sever like that, only for it to shutdown upon restart... :(