privatewolf

How's the hacker status of DayZ?

It's been a damn while, I grant you that, and I MISS DayZ so much that I'm having hallucinations of me collecting some good old beans and coke/pepsi by the barn with my good 'ol trusty lee enfield on my hands. So, back to the point, ever since my last encounter with one of those teleporting-ghillie-suit-wearing-bastards-that-talk-like-caesar-from-RiseOfThePlanetOfTheApes I have been utterly traumatized by this experience, it was very creepy and eerie that it was the root cause of me not opening DayZ for 2 months now. Anyway, are there still hackers on the normal servers though? Since I have no intention of going to private hive servers or Lingor. Just Chernaurus servers will do me good, but are there still hackers in them?

Well the privat hive revolution has set of, so maybe rethink your strategy.

Hackers will allways have ways fucking your game up.

It is much better tho these days, less hackers then before, but like i said, the privat hives revolution is the solution for not encountering that many hackers.

Good luck

Well, i haven't seen anyone of them. But i haven't really been on a server with much players .. only those with like 1-3 :D Just to get some food and such xD But i think they fixed something with the hackers..

Finding servers with very active admins and easy ways to contact them (skype, ts, etc) helps quite a bit.

Most private hives can be joined like any other server. The only difference is that some of them may have some minor code changes (such as more vehicles, always daytime, or just bug fixes) and that the character data is not saved onto the main public hives (in other words, you have a seperate character just for that server).

As far as scripters go, they're still out there. Public, private, it doesn't really matter anymore. Seems the script kiddies are persistent.

I just wish they'd go back to CoD and stop ruining the Arma 2 games.

How do I join these.. 'private hives' ?

If you use DayZ Commander, disable the "Unofficial" filter and then every server that shows up with a small cloud in front of it is a private hive.

Personally, I havn't seen a hacker once in this game. They tempt to be less in numbers on low populated servers (<15 players).

I've seen 2 hackers in the past week in public Chernarus servers, so there is still some around. I've heard that there are close to no hackers in private hives because these types of servers have an admin on/available almost 24/7.

I've seen 2 hackers in the past week in public Chernarus servers, so there is still some around. I've heard that there are close to no hackers in private hives because these types of servers have an admin on/available almost 24/7.

+1

me and some clan guys switched to lingor and it's been almost hacker free. Oh and the map is much more better to play on. Lots of atmosphere!

It's been a damn while, I grant you that, and I MISS DayZ so much that I'm having hallucinations of me collecting some good old beans and coke/pepsi by the barn with my good 'ol trusty lee enfield on my hands. So, back to the point, ever since my last encounter with one of those teleporting-ghillie-suit-wearing-bastards-that-talk-like-caesar-from-RiseOfThePlanetOfTheApes I have been utterly traumatized by this experience, it was very creepy and eerie that it was the root cause of me not opening DayZ for 2 months now. Anyway, are there still hackers on the normal servers though? Since I have no intention of going to private hive servers or Lingor. Just Chernaurus servers will do me good, but are there still hackers in them?

I haven't ran into any lately after not playing for a good month or so. I tend to stay away from full servers though and only play on veteran. I have yet to been abused by them lately even in relatively big games.

all the hackers seem to have migrated over to the Fallujah map..

good god you cant have a decent game there right now..

That map is bad enough without them. It's just a pvp at the airfield. The north part of the map is glitched with no zombies/loot. I played it with a friend and had to go back to Chernarus.

Edited by Swordfish

Private hive is definitely the way to go. The one I play on the most appears hacker free at this point. I've played on it for almost a month and it's been great. I haven't died once to a hacker, nor have I seen one (have seen banned players attempt to joinand I know hackers have been found and later banned) and that's with the server being well populated most of the time. Due to server-wide mass kill grief hacking, I'd almost given up on the game.

I played several private hives and narrowed it down to two I liked that fit my style. I play mainly on one with the other as my 'backup'. There's a lot of variety on the private hives. Just search and experiment till you find the one that suits you.

It's nice to finally be able to play on a well populated server and only be worried about honest players with honest weapons. Now I actually bother to make a camp and repair a vehicle; knowing that it may actually last if well hidden. What's also fun about a private hive is that you see a lot of the same regulars. So, you begin to learn who is who and what type of player they are.

Edited by Double_Back

I'll try the private hives, see if theres less hackers and whatnot ;)

I usually just join any private hive, and, if not, I just go on a random server and hope for the best.

Hacker level: Private hive or die.

(Why does "hacker" following "DayZ" get censored?)

Edited by Dsi1

Just played on a private hive server with NO HACKERS at all, played for a good 4 hours, got me some good loadout and now I'm stuck in Chernogorsk.. good times :D

I left DayZ months ago due to the hacker situation, I seen no point continuing until DayZ has gone standalone, then i'll play it again.

Don't have to take my word for it either, just look at the played in last 24hours on the main site, pretty darn low if you ask me, seems like people are playing then stopping.

I think I will just buy both DayZ and WarZ, I think they are both excellent games in their own unique way

Edited by Mr Zee

There is still an abundance of hackers and scripters, although I must say its better than earlier on. Unless someone cut off the illegal supplies of cheap cd-keys they will always be testing out new hacks, scripts and bypasses.

As for the official vs private hive, those private servers seems to have a higher chance of being hacked, at least from my experience.

Edited by Tactical_Kn1ght

There is still an abundance of hackers and scripters, although I must say its better than earlier on. Unless someone cut off the illegal supplies of cheap cd-keys they will always be testing out new hacks, scripts and bypasses.

As for the official vs private hive, those private servers seems to have a higher chance of being hacked, at least from my experience.

Find a better private hive, they aren't all equal, I haven't seen a hacker in weeks.

You should find private hive with whitelist. You should be accepted by admins before you can play on this servers. And you will be banned in any case of duping, scripting or cheating. Combat reloggers usually also get banned.

If you want a suggestion, PM me, i will point you to a good whitelist private hive server/community.

Find a better private hive, they aren't all equal, I haven't seen a hacker in weeks.

Thanks for the advice, will look harder.

been playing private hives for about 2 weeks now. we have a camp, 4 cars, spare weapons ect. ect. that good old classic dayz feel

Sutinen

Don't post your idiot spam, I don't care who the "fucker" was and your post had nothing to do with the (or any other) Topic.