Sign in to follow this  
dragonkatol

Wheelbarrows

I would like to see wheelbarrows in game for transporting heavier stuff like engines or wheels, tons of supplies or an injured player to a location. You could find wheelbarrows in constructions sites, barns or fields.

• Like 5

Wheelbarrow race?

• Like 4

i'd like to see the swedish womens beach volleyball team in the game as well mate.. you might find them at beach spawn points.. they could push your wheelbarrows

• Like 1

what about shopping carts like in "the road" yeah that would be good carrying boxes of m16 mags and cans of beans and MRE and blankets. yeah that would be good...................................

Oh yeah, i forgot about shopping carts! they could function the same as the wheelbarrows but can take less damage than wheelbarrows or Maybe a weight difference?

• Like 1

I just think it would be more realistic than carrying a Car engine with your backpack and it will provide more gameplay when gathering Vehicle parts.

• Like 3

I just think it would be more realistic than carrying a Car engine with your backpack and it will provide more gameplay when gathering Vehicle parts.

Yes but you would try other means of transporting such stuff if you could. An engine is quite big and can be really heavy. Now imagine your average 70 kg person trying to move that thing around with an engine on it and his backpack with supplies and maybe two weapons and a sidearm...I'd rather lift it on the Coyota Hilux because the open bed makes it easy to load ( ArmA name ) and move it like that and i would take a friend with me. Heavy things should be liftable only with 2+ players imo. Even carrying a tyre can tire you out, let alone can you fit one in a backpack.

• Like 1

If they make the inventory system more realistic then maybe a way to transport heavier things would be good.. Til then this seems like a hassle.

Yes but you would try other means of transporting such stuff if you could. An engine is quite big and can be really heavy. Now imagine your average 70 kg person trying to move that thing around with an engine on it and his backpack with supplies and maybe two weapons and a sidearm...I'd rather lift it on the Coyota Hilux because the open bed makes it easy to load ( ArmA name ) and move it like that and i would take a friend with me. Heavy things should be liftable only with 2+ players imo. Even carrying a tyre can tire you out, let alone can you fit one in a backpack.

i think you misunderstood me. sorry if my grammar isn't that good. English isn't my first language. What im saying is that, it would more realistic to carry an engine, wheels or other heavier stuff with a wheelbarrow or a shopping cart than carrying it with your backpack and i guess using it would make it more safer and faster than two guys carrying it an engine around.

1 guy can use the wheelbarrow to transfer a engine to a location and 1 guy could defend him because the guy that uses wheelbarrow couldn't use his firearms.

• Like 2

I was having a conversation about this last night, never actually considered suggesting it, but since it's already here I'm going to back it all the way.

If the project as a whole is aiming for authenticity, this makes a lot of sense, and shopping carts would be pretty common (even though the supermarkets are only like 100m2).

I wouldn't go so far as to add the requirement of an A-frame for lifting engine blocks or anything, but no way I'd be running about with one strapped to my back!

We have to remember, it's a computer game. Some things will always be a little unrealistic, but implementation of new features/devices/mechanics is what pre-alpha and alpha stage builds are for.

• Like 2

Would be hard to implement such useless features into the game.

Why would it be useless? as far as i know, rocket is focusing on authenticity. And it would bring a more gameplay and teamwork when gathering vehicle parts or supplies back to camp. It will also add tension as you would be more vulnerable to ambushes because you are not using your guns thus having a bodyguard is a plus which adds a bit social interaction.

Would be hard to implement such useless features into the game.

implementation of new features/devices/mechanics is what pre-alpha and alpha stage builds are for.

I hate to quote myself, especially from the POST RIGHT BEFORE YOURS!

If everyone had your attitude, the DayZ standalone would never happen. You are a "useless feature".

Learn to read, then read up on software development stages, particularly in the videogames industry.

Why not have both. Shopping carts wouldn't be easy to push around in the bush, do-able, but not really that easy with those tiny little wheels. A wheel barrel, having a larger wheel, would be. Maybe make the wheel barrel easier and faster to push, and little more rare since it would be preferred over a shopping cart.

I think this is a great idea BTW

Wheelbarrow would need a car tire to repair it or it squeaks like a bitch. And if (when) you run it into a wall it will break both your legs.

Shopping carts are more for quickly getting from the hospital in Berezino to the shop down the hill.