venthos

DayZ Redux - DayZ purist focused custom DayZ Mod (Formerly DayZ DIAF)

Like this very much. It would be even better to add more melee weapons and more civilian guns. My ideal DayZ environment would reduce the military guns to very rare levels, with only the CZ550 sniper (since it can be implied as a civilian hunting rifle). Removing the ability of players to snipe from concealment and force almost all combats to be done face to face at closer ranges would to me make so many positive changes to the entire game. Noob snipers raping Cherno and Elektro would simply vanish, noob snipers server hopping from NWAF mound to NWAF mound in search of cheap kills would vanish and any combat would put the attacking party at more risk. I think lowering the tech levels of weapons generally to remove many of the ARs would also promote more friendly/friendly encounters.

I expect your server is quite busy but I'd love to play on it.

Kudos to you for all of this, bug and exploit fixes included. I hope Rocket sees this and asks you if hr can use many of the ideas.

If you're not yet tried the mod , don't say stupid things. The amount of snipers are already decreased , almost 95% of the combat is close combat. Try out the mod then recommend tips. Not backwards.

I think lowering the tech levels of weapons generally to remove many of the ARs would also promote more friendly/friendly encounters.

Removing AR's isn't going to make people suddenly work together instead of shooting each other, just means you'll be fighting with shotguns and lee enfields most of the time against groups that have managed to farm decent military weapons.

LMG's, Sniper and powerful assault rifles are already limited to the very rare helicopter crashes, scoped AR's are limited to 2 buildings and basic AR's are limited to high traffic areas on the map as it is, making the weapon spawns any stricter that they are atm is only going to increase the gap between the lonewolf/small groups and the clans on the map that and the increase in zombies and more aggressive behaviour means you'll soon be sick of respawning and losing your gear and vehicles all the time.

I like where the mod has landed so far but I think weapon spawns have been tightened as much as was needed, ammo is also in a pretty good place I would say. BSB has been in many firefights since joining Redux and we're always looking for ammo, we've even had to avoid confrontation a couple of times because we didn't have ammo to spare on squad vs squad battle over some minor resources.

There have been a lot of good suggestions in this forum like changing tent skins, adding camo nets, changing vehicle repair/health and the quantity of parts and fuel. I like the idea of fuel being a limited resource but I think it is going to be a hard thing to try and balance, it will be interesting to see how your changes turn out.

I'll try and catch you on Skype at some point Venthos and discuss the EU server with you, looking forward to getting back on your mod.

bit bummed out was in middle of fixn a chopper before server restart there only need a few scrap metal and an engine so i got in my car and drove away abit with my mate got out and logged off before restart. logged back in just died no reason at all and my "corpse" was left standing there and i respawned with same hunger health etc on the coast so my mate parks our car with all the loots in it grabs his bike and picks me up we get back to the car and start heading baack to the chopper to fix the engine that we found parts for on way back. Some one was standing at the corner of a road as i was catching up to my mate with an akm opens fire on him clips him i'm currently doin ~90-100km/h in my s1203 van so i just straight line it into him he hits my fuel tank with a lucky shot blows up my van with 2 rotor assemblies 20 jerry cans 20 cooked meat and 5 wheels :(

"Somebody shot him" - Nofo

The best part is that I told most every one else that I was going to do it and they didn't care. If you had been geared up or something, I probably wouldn't have.

please fire rocket from BI and hire this guy. He deserves 100x more then Rocket. Shame on you rocket.

please fire rocket from BI and hire this guy. He deserves 100x more then Rocket. Shame on you rocket.

Rocket is hard at work on the standalone.

The best part is that I told most every one else that I was going to do it and they didn't care. If you had been geared up or something, I probably wouldn't have.

Im not sure why you did it though. Sure i killed you, but i didnt even know it was you. How could i? Dont pretend you are some hero who runs around yelling friendly. You would have shot me on sight just the same.

bit bummed out was in middle of fixn a chopper before server restart there only need a few scrap metal and an engine so i got in my car and drove away abit with my mate got out and logged off before restart. logged back in just died no reason at all and my "corpse" was left standing there and i respawned with same hunger health etc on the coast so my mate parks our car with all the loots in it grabs his bike and picks me up we get back to the car and start heading baack to the chopper to fix the engine that we found parts for on way back. Some one was standing at the corner of a road as i was catching up to my mate with an akm opens fire on him clips him i'm currently doin ~90-100km/h in my s1203 van so i just straight line it into him he hits my fuel tank with a lucky shot blows up my van with 2 rotor assemblies 20 jerry cans 20 cooked meat and 5 wheels :(

It was me . Didn't you blew up because of the "jump" you made with the van off of the road? I think vehicles doesn't like that kind of shit. Btw. , did you died in the explosion?

Edited by beatuhse

The "death on login" bug is a bug that stems back to regular DayZ. I haven't been able to reliably reproduce it such as to identify what causes it and therefore try and fix it (if it can be fixed). If anyone knows how to reliably reproduce it, I'll take a look.

EU server should be up within 24 hours. Characters will be transferred on request (killed off on the US box, copied to the EU box). They will not share a hive.

• Like 5

Thanks to the friendly I met in electro last night ( the guy with the crossbow) I had a good 5 minutes with you as a team before we were gunned down by 3 guys buzzing around in that armored ambulance vehicle :) hope to meet up with you again some day :)

The "death on login" bug is a bug that stems back to regular DayZ. I haven't been able to reliably reproduce it such as to identify what causes it and therefore try and fix it (if it can be fixed). If anyone knows how to reliably reproduce it, I'll take a look.

EU server should be up within 24 hours. Characters will be transferred on request (killed off on the US box, copied to the EU box). They will not share a hive.

Already planted tents can be transferred too?

BTW very nice mod, this is what my group was looking for, thanks!!

Im not sure why you did it though. Sure i killed you, but i didnt even know it was you. How could i? Dont pretend you are some hero who runs around yelling friendly. You would have shot me on sight just the same.

I never said any thing about being a hero and I wasn't butthurt. I killed you b/c it was funny and your death didn't matter. You were picked up and dropped back with the group in 3 minutes.

Thanks to the friendly I met in electro last night ( the guy with the crossbow) I had a good 5 minutes with you as a team before we were gunned down by 3 guys buzzing around in that armored ambulance vehicle :) hope to meet up with you again some day :)

Had fun too, see ya some time in game ;)

g1gaset, nice surprise at nwa, what was even more surprising, was that i just turned around and shot u with me enfield :) (I think i have under 500 blood after bandaging myself)

Thanks for the gear, just what i needed ..

Hey Lick, what's BSB's position on dealing with unarmed?

That is dependant on the Fireteam you encounter rather than BSB itself, I know my Fireteam will leave an unarmed person unless they are either, getting close to our camp, a vehicle we have stashed close by or we are raiding a town and they could get easy access to a weapon and become a problem for us. There are others though that will shoot anything on sight but that's the way the game goes. If your really that worried about us jump over to www.bsbnetwork.com and fill out an application form and come join us.

That is good news, I will PM you a list of characters looking to get transferred shortly Venthos, looking forward to playing your mod on low ping, keep up the good work.

It was me . Didn't you blew up because of the "jump" you made with the van off of the road? I think vehicles doesn't like that kind of shit. Btw. , did you died in the explosion?

nah ive took that off road before its actually one of the faster ones off road you managed to hit the car and me. i ejected and you had broke my legs so i couldnt get away from the van fast enough when it blew up.

Awesome fight yesterday @ Solnichniy factory.

We got there with our group (3ppl) when following a chopper we first saw in Berezino.

When we saw it hovering the premisis we left our car and split up.

Little bit after we heard a truck coming and then hell break loose. Everybody was shooting, zombies were everywhere. We managed to kill 4 of you, but I bet there were like 2 more...

It was an awesome fight that took place there. I've never been in a fight with like 9 people...

I kinda hoped that someone of you have some video material about it, I'd be more than happy to see again what happened there.

And who drove past there with a blue van? Lucky guy... happened to be in the right place at the right time : D.

Great fight tho! And appreciated that you left our vehicle there and didn't blow it up.

Until we meet again!

How rare is the ghillie suit? I just found one , lolz. :P (I know how rare it is in the vanilla DayZ.) And if I kill someone , is it going to switch my ghillie suit to bandit skin? That would be a dissapointment. :|

Oh , and the crashed Littlebird was me at the NWAF. Guess what , I survived the explosion , even when I was sitting in there while it burned. Sorry Jozan ...

How rare is the ghillie suit? I just found one , lolz. :P (I know how rare it is in the vanilla DayZ.) And if I kill someone , is it going to switch my ghillie suit to bandit skin? That would be a dissapointment. :|

Oh , and the crashed Littlebird was me at the NWAF. Guess what , I survived the explosion , even when I was sitting in there while it burned. Sorry Jozan ...

I think I was just a few minutes too late lol, saw a pack of civilian clothing in the barracks :P

Sweet, I would like a transfer as soon as that is possible, please :)

As far as I know (never been a bandit have been a hero) you only get the bandit/hero skins if you have civilian clothes on. If you have camo or ghillie on you wont change until you put civilian back on.

lmzUK.jpg

What is the reason for the ban? I've never used third-party software and hacks! wtf?

Because I'm from Russia and have ping over 200+ ????

Edited by LarsZinger