venthos

DayZ Redux - DayZ purist focused custom DayZ Mod (Formerly DayZ DIAF)

Me and my group did get into a fight over the Vodnik yesterday evening (CET). We were fixing the broken bus outside vybor that's been there forever when the Vodnik comes around. We have abit of fun with it, drove down south and raided hospitals in cherno, checked out balota. But we had to log of so we just parked it under some pinetrees somewhere NW of balota. I guess it wasn't long before someone found it and continued the fun :D We did fix the bus but that didn't last long since one of my friends is a bad driver and crashed it outside Stary Sobor and we couldn't be bothered to fix it again :P

Like I said I'd still like to know exactly where he recovered it...because about 1% of dayz players would actually ever check there to begin with....

I've repopulated some more vehicles for next server restart in about 40 minutes.

One such vehicle is an MH-6J that will be spawning in the middle of NWAF air strip next restart. Again, that's in 40 minutes (8am CDT).

Enjoy :P Hopefully someone gets it in the air vs. blowing it up.

CZ550 is realy?

What chance have CZ550 and M24?

I tried to search the hunting towers about 50 times.

But did not find CZ550

By the way M136/AT4 rocket launcher does not work, a maybe change to another rocket launcher?

Edited by g1gaset

WRT to EU server, do you plan on copying the existing player dB over? Obviously that doubles up characters but this shouldn't be a problem as within a short space of time people will die anyways and then will revert to their 'home' server.

Or perhaps you can migrate characters 'manually' for those who request it?

Or is it going to be a totally fresh start?

CZ550 is realy?

What chance have CZ550 and M24?

I tried to search the hunting towers about 50 times.

But did not find CZ550

By the way M136/AT4 rocket launcher does not work, a maybe change to another rocket launcher?

I got an M24 off a crashed heli but alas somebody else nabbed the ammo for it before me :( . Have been searching for the CZ550 no luck and haven't found a crashed heli since the random spawn mechanic.

Venthos could you tell us the % chance of the CZ550 spawning in deer stands

I see you DID find the Vodnik at Skalisty....we'll just hijack someone's little bird and find it again...then im driving that shit til it blows up

• Like 1

I like how most of the players meet here in this thread an share their experiences. Keep that up guys!

A community within a community .....

Communityception.

Just been reading all the Vodnik stories , it sounds like everyone but me has had a go in it :o , is there more than one ??

Would be cool too if we could transfer just our personnel inventory ( the gear we have on us ) to the EU server. - ( mainly because I have the CZ550 with ammo :D )

I get a Bad version, server rejected connection despite being whitelisted & having the latest files. Any hints?

What Arma 2 Beta version are you on? You need the latest beta patch too.

EDIT: Well maybe not the latest beta as it seems there is a newer one out. I think Redux is running beta 97810 at the moment.

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Edited by NO2 Punk

My 2 cents.

Edited by theanes
  • Like 1

meh you didn't show the whole vid :( shame but really good work guys i was impressed :D yer them tyres are hard to shoot out

question then....where was the location on the map...like townwise that you found it? Cause we put it in a place no one should have found it....

I found it at Skalisty Island bay , under a landing stage.

Took this opportunity for a small patch to tweak some things.

RELEASE 0.2.5

[CHANGE] M240, M249, Mk48 removed from barracks loots. M249/Mk48 left as HeliCrash loot, M240 no longer in game (Reducing to 2 LMGs now bring it in line with the 2 snipers and 2 silenced weapons)

[CHANGE] Guns with optics removed from military loot. Now only exist as Barracks loot

* M4A1 CCO

* M4A3 CCO

* AKS 74 Kobra

[CHANGE] Food is a bit more rare in Supermarkets

[CHANGE] Tweaked drop rates of various items (numerous amount)

[FiX] You can no longer change clothes/eat/drink/etc. while in a vehicle (exploit related)

[CHANGE] Very slight tweak to zombie spawn mechanic to further try and reduce chance of desync

Hotfix from 0.2.4 to 0.2.5: http://www.dayzredux.com/download/DayZRedux-0.2.4_0.2.5-hotfix.zip

Full patch: http://www.dayzredux.com/download/DayZRedux-0.2.5.zip

The current server is being TURNED OFF permanently as of 8:30pm CDT tonight.

The new server: 74.63.224.74 / port 2302

The server name is virtually identical as before, just look for "DayZ Redux"

the entire database is being migrated, hence there will be a bit of downtime (15 min or so) between switchovers. Everyone will login just as they were on the old machine, all vehicles/tents/etc. brought over.

I'll post back once the new server is officially up. I'll also resume whitelisting people when it's up.

• Like 7

Finally sat down and got to play for 10 minutes until I saw the message come across the screen! LOL

Keep up the good work!

Somebody with a white truck is going to think the server botched the migration... Nah, I stole it with minutes to spare!

Sad to see drinking and driving has been removed >:(

Keep up the good work Venthos. Wish I still had my M4A1 CCO now though.

Already got problem with my gear. I lost all of the items from my inventory and my slots at the right side of the pistol slot. (sorry , don't know the name of it.) My bag , rifle , pistol and tool slots are untouched.

Hmm. Not sure what to tell you. I just looked at the database on the original server (which was simply shut down normally and left as is) and it's showing no data for you in those slots as well. That's why it was migrated that way. I guess we'll see if anyone else experienced this problem, but it's not like I can "re-transfer" you since you're also that way on the original server.

Interesting ... As I can remember you fixed the problem with the swimming bug. Anyway I was swimming and logged off in water. Maybe that was the problem? :( I misunderstood the message of the database and that's why I thought it doesn't matter if I log off now. Maybe I screwed because the logging off in water. Btw. , I would not ask you to give back my stuff , I was just saying.

Got a few friends and myself waiting for the whitelist :)

Chernarus is dark tonight! Did you alter the lighting or is it just a really foggy night?

My whole screen was black except the compass. Granted I'm low on blood but that was ridiculous and a little too scary for me. :blush:

As for desync, whatever tweaks you made seem to have done it good. Didn't experience any in the short time I played with 0.2.5. :beans:

I will be back on in the morning and see how it is then, when there will probably be more survivors on.