liam78787

Should I get Arma 2 for dayz or should I wait for the stand alone game

Hello guys I need some help. I am brand new to the day z forums and I have a problem. I don't know if I should buy Arma 2 for day z, or should I waith for the day z stand alone game. I'm going to be able to buy Arma 2 in 2 days so I want to know if Im going to waste my money or if I will make a good choice. I also have not got a lot of friends with dayz so I was wandering if anyone could play it with me co op style. I have heard it is a lot more fun with others then by yourself. It would be great if you had a mic and skype. My skype name is liam78787 from Australia so add me if you want to play dayz with me and help me play it for the first time. And of course have fun. This is if buying Arma 2 is a good choice.

Smaller font please and don't ask the forum its your money if you want to buy it do it! if you would rather buy an Ice-ream pony do it.

Its getting close to the point where you will be wasting your money. I mean Rocket has said the standalone will be out by the end of the year. It really depends on you and how much $20 means to you. I personally feel that if I got an hours enjoyment out of the game for $20 then Ive spent my money reasonably. Not everybody would feel the same.

Wait, don't ruin the mod experience because of duping and hacking.

. Wait what are u talking about

i say buy 50 if not 500 copys of arma 2 jsut to play dayz ( u asked )

Wait, don't ruin the mod experience because of duping and hacking.

Some of you really need to look for better servers to play on. Not all are hacker infested.

Buying Arma JUST for DayZ? No.

No, no, no, NO.

There's a lot more to arma than dayz, if you're just going to be playing dayz then it's a waste of money.

Besides, you'd probably end up buying ONLY arma 2 and not operation arrowhead, which is the only thing you actually need to buy to play dayz.

Arma 2 is pretty good by itself, so yeah, buy it.

I bought arma co only for dayz (Although I did find out about it before and thought it looked intresting), then I got bored of dayz, and tried playing warfare, then takistan + zargabad life. It's very fun.

Buying Arma JUST for DayZ? No.

No, no, no, NO.

There's a lot more to arma than dayz, if you're just going to be playing dayz then it's a waste of money.

Besides, you'd probably end up buying ONLY arma 2 and not operation arrowhead, which is the only thing you actually need to buy to play dayz.

I think you mean Operation Arrowhead...

I think you mean Operation Arrowhead...

>Besides, you'd probably end up buying ONLY arma 2 and not operation arrowhead, which is the only thing you actually need to buy to play dayz.

>and not operation arrowhead

>operation arrowhead

I do indeed think I mean operation arrowhead, thank you captain obvious.

I bought ArmA for DayZ, but now I realize how stupid that was. ArmA is a great game and I am enjoying playing the campaigns, ACE mod, and more. After standalone is released I am still going to be playing regular ArmA II.

i would suggest purchase it play arma 2 for a week or two to get your bearings then join the dayz community so your not off set by the in game play other than that i would suggest buying because no way better way to learn the dynamics of the game prior to the standalones arrival

i would suggest purchase it play arma 2 for a week or two to get your bearings then join the dayz community so your not off set by the in game play other than that i would suggest buying because no way better way to learn the dynamics of the game prior to the standalones arrival

This is what I did. I was interested in Arma 2 for sometime but never bought it. Then DayZ came out and I bought it so I could play both. I played Arma 2 first though to get my bearings. It is a difficult game so don't get frustrated if you die a lot at first. Once you can do well in Arma 2 then jump over to DayZ and get killed over there a bunch!

I highly suggest taking the time to consider whether or not you wish to play ArmA as well.

I bought ArmA 2 for DayZ, but when I get sick of DayZ I have fun in ArmA. It's Win/Win for me.

I guess it also depends on how much money you have, and how valuable that money is to you.

I blow money every month on stupid shit because I can, so it wasn't that important to me if I ended up hating the game. If you are on an extremely tight budget (broke college student, etc), that changes things.

I'll buy Standalone when it comes out, and not feel like I wasted my money on ArmA 2, because it's a great game as well.

dont buy ARMA 2 at this point, the playerbase for the DAYZ mod is dwindling every week. Just wait for standalone.

Get it. You will have a better understanding of the difficulties of an Alpha Mod, and have greater appreciation of the final product... we hope.

There's no good reason to get DayZ right now with the standalone only a few months away. ARMA2 is not appealing to most and DayZ is in a pretty sorry state to be recommending it at all. I can find some enjoyment out of it, but I also bought it for a cheaper price at the time.

Nearly everyones saying to wait, but man im just getting pressured into buying it. I know it is a stupid buy but yet I want to play day z badly. Well i've got by tomorrow to make a decision.

I've also been wanting to play the arma 2 game itself so that makes the decision harder.