velvetpipe

Zombie "profing" cars

I think that cars should have customization where you can use scrap metal not only to fix the hull, but reinforce the hull like armor, and also (If a big amount of tools is added and depending on the vehicle) the option to mount light machine guns on vehicles like Urals and so on. I also think that you should be able to make push bars for the front bumpers of all cars and have it be able to push things like washing machines and other small things out of a road and have the car not take damage and for my finial idea, CB radios. They can be found and put in any vehicles and used to for communication between players. I know that there are services like team speak, but this is just for the average gamer. And if it is used in the game, it gives other players ways to tract people talking with them. It will also have players starting to use codes like, Good Off These On Thorn Hair Animal Tiger Hole Only Used Secret Enigma. translation- Go to that house. it would provide a challenge to players. comment what you think.

Edited by velvetpipe
  • Like 4

Good Off These On Thorn Hair Animal Tiger Hole Only Used Secret Enigma.

Not in a million years or a million languages will that ever mean anything. Let alone translate to anything. Also, they're adding Vehicle reinforcement.

• Like 3

Good Off These On Thorn Hair Animal Tiger Hole Only Used Secret Enigma.

..The hell?

I like it. Rocket mentions Vehicle modding and "Battlebus" banter in the most recent eurogamer Q+A video (youtube will have it) so I'm guessing the whole lot of vehicle mechanics will be souped up, but I don't remember hearing about radios and stuff. I'm not so keen on your acronym/abbreviation code, but my accent is thick enough only the guys in my team would be able to decipher it anyway. Hopefully radio communication is high on the ToDo list for standalone, because I feel like being on teamspeak stops me from wanting to chat with strangers in game so much. And with CB I could start a taxi service.

• Like 1

Well, to mount weapons, that should require shitloads of scrap metal.

Edited by Sutinen

Good Off These On Thorn Hair Animal Tiger Hole Only Used Secret Enigma. translation- Go to that house.

I don't know about that one. I think "10 meters, northwest, blue" would be a much easier way to tell a buddy to approach a given house. Even slang or simple code words like "Duck Mansion" would be a much easier way to convey meet up locations without having the message intercepted.

Well, to mount weapons, that should require shitloads of scrap metal.

why would you want to mount weapons?

say u grab the m249 and weld its bipod to the rollbar of this 300px-Vehicle_offroad-pickup.jpg

the weapon would only be forward facing, vus useless in all but 30/360 points of contact (assuming the bipod lets the gun swivel 30 degrees) in my opinion the offroads should have a spot in the back for a shooter, ofcourse trying to aim anything accuratly would suck, but hey why do you think ye old scatter guns where invented, u could prob get good enough to whack a few womp rats.

Edited by Skrewy

Isn't a mounted machine-gun on top of a vehicle way overpowered?

I could see someone parking that bitch on top of a hill, and spraying the whole block.

And what about zombie vs. vehicle interaction? I'd bet the sound of a machinegun would attract a whole bunch of zombies, but they would not be able to hurt a player once he's in the car.

Dont get me wrong, I think it's a good idea, but there's still some food for thaught.

Point 1- My code is simply to me so I'll leave it at that.

Point 2- The ideas I put forward are rough ideas that Rocket and his team shall decide what to do with and how to use them.

But I do like the amount of comments on this topic.

Armour and weapons on vehicles - Discussed before (about a month ago). Would like to see implemented.

Radio - Would be good, but don't know how it would tell the other vehicles/persons location (other than the person giving the location).

Edited by MLI

I like the idea and i like that even though you described your idea very clearly some tards still dont get the whole using code words over a radio transmission...OBVIOUSLY ONLY THE PEOPLE YOU PLAY/COMMUNICATE WITH GET THE CODE WORDS.. i said that for the slow ppl :P

haha oh man

Isn't a mounted machine-gun on top of a vehicle way overpowered?

I could see someone parking that bitch on top of a hill, and spraying the whole block.

This makes no sense ? its an open world game.. you do what you want..

whats wrong with parking a car on top of a hill mounted with a MG onit shooting shit ? maybe they are bandits ? aslong as ppl arent hacking its ok I think ?

I'm all for zombie profing cars. Zombie proofing, not so much.

Yes ha ha lets make fun of my spelling. But if my thoughts on the topic are still the same they are rough ideas for rocket and anyone eles.

Point 1- My code is simply to me so I'll leave it at that.

What's the point of talking in code if you're the only one who knows what you're saying? :huh:

But yeah, long as this topic is kicking around Rocket can see community ideas if he wants.

Mounted guns? Fuck yes. The OP-MG is well balanced by the fact that this isn't Halo, you're going to run out of bullets in not very long.

I want to see kneecappers for my bicycle. :thumbsup: