smashbrother

Worn paths in the world

This is just a small idea, I don't know if it has been visited yet, but I think that it would be a nice little addition to the game to add worn paths where people usually walk/run along, seeing as roads are no place to be walking in this game. Sort of like deer runways, there would be worn down, dirty paths, broken branches, matted down grass, ect. These would be unique to the server, showing where people usually trot their usual path of least resistant to their favorite loot spots, sniping spot, or where a player’s tent is set up that is frequently visited. This would show that other players have been about and actually do live in the same world as you, as well as make setting up camps (tents) or terrain-based sniper positions need to be a more transient, temporary thing.

• Like 16

Now there's an idea I haven't seen before, and a good one too.

I would really like to see this happen.

For balance, I'd want a rake or branch or some other tool / method to erase my tracks. Fair is fair.

• Like 1

Like Highspiral said. If this gets implemented then we'd need some way to cover our tracks. The entire point of having a secret supply point is that it's suppose to be secret.

• Like 1

Like Highspiral said. If this gets implemented then we'd need some way to cover our tracks. The entire point of having a secret supply point is that it's suppose to be secret.

If you want to sprinkle leaves and twigs on your trail to cover your tracks, exposing yourself in the middle of the woods, that’s fine by me. However, if being secretive is your goal, I’d suggest that you just pack up camp and stay mobile. The whole idea of having a safe safer stash would come into play if/when bases are implemented. As time passes it would make sense for paths to fade. In that case, you could have more than one camp to visit around the map, letting paths to your other camps get overgrown, allowing you to keep your stashes right where you want them.

Edited by SmashBrother

I like it, there should be little goat tracks like these all through the most visited areas.

A suggestion.......Getting my beans.........Well played mate ! Great idea :D

Perhaps footprints aswell as broken twigs n paths. That would mean you could track players and groups. Perhaps based on the weight the player is carrying, could alter the obviousness of the footprint/ tree damage.

Sounds like an actual way to track people. :P I Like it.

Good idea, not too difficult to implement. Doesn't grass already lie down when you crawl through it? Could the devs change it to even walking through grass make it lie down. That way you could track a target with a little work and patience.

Edited by thebirdolux

Great idea. There's a whole great system for tracking waiting underneath as well! What if trees gets damaged when you run past? Bushes gets deformed? If you are bleeding or have recently bandaged the textures would change to show some blood on the leaves? Have beans.

Often thought of this as I think most of us have while watching the grass flatten around us as we crawl past zombies, Excellent idea, have my beans

Good idea, obviously easy to get around by taking a different route to your tent everytime though , and also easy to prewear a track to an empty tent as an ambush.

Beanz.