andrewmont

M107 or AS50?

Got myself my first AS50 and M107. With AS50 rounds I'd reckon that'd be the obvious option. But using m107 ammo what would be best? I know m107 has variable zoom so that's a plus but what about accuracy, effective range etc what do people prefer/think is best?

The AS50 is more accurate and uses quieter rounds. Its horses for course though and chances are you will be face down in a ditch soon enough anyway with a group rifling through your belongings!

Edited by Box

AS50 has variable zoom [two modes, normal and then zoomed in].

Personally, I would go with the AS50. Quieter, less recoil...a better weapon in most aspects.

Although, the M107 mags are more common.

AS50 all the way as the M107 sounds like an army of 100 Lee Enfields all firing at once

M107 is the more intimidating of these. I have been shot at by one and I can tell it's not fun. My ears were ringing 30 minutes later.

I have shot both in ArmA2 and I liked AS50 better.

Edited by Sutinen

As50 is better in every way, but I use the m107 whenever I can due to its intimidation factor.

-As50 shot rings through the air-

"Eh, another as50 over to the east."

-M107 shot blasts through the air-

"HOLY SHIT GET THE FUCK DOWN"

• Like 2

AS50 is better in every aspect except the looks.

To bad you wanna use it and therefore it isnt a question.. keep the AS50!

Use the AS50 for the options the other guys gave you, but use the 10RND M107 mags for it... more ammo in less space!

But your zeroing won't match if you use the wrong ammo.

..damn shouldn't have wrote that :D

I wouldn't use either of it. AK ftw :P

Edited by Enforcer

AS50 has variable zoom [two modes, normal and then zoomed in].

Personally, I would go with the AS50. Quieter, less recoil...a better weapon in most aspects.

Although, the M107 mags are more common.

You can use m107 in as50 so that's irrelevant. I tried zooming with as50 and it wouldn't let me. Can someone confirm whether this is possible or not?

According to weapon stats the audible range is the same? Or is it just the m107 sounds louder but can be heard at same distances?

You can use m107 in as50 so that's irrelevant. I tried zooming with as50 and it wouldn't let me. Can someone confirm whether this is possible or not?

Zoomlevel 2 = keypad "+"

According to weapon stats the audible range is the same? Or is it just the m107 sounds louder but can be heard at same distances?

The M107 can be heard from alot further out, sounds like a damn Tank shell passing over your head!

But your zeroing won't match if you use the wrong ammo.

..damn shouldn't have wrote that :D

I wouldn't use either of it. AK ftw :P

It's a .50cal, only difference in the Mag size, the rounds are exactly the same... No difference on range or zero'ing

Honestly, the AS50 sounds like a popgun. The M107, however, makes a manly noise and a roar that makes my cock nearly explode in my pants.

well, thats something about the as50, you can hear the sound way further than the m107s sound, but the as50 sound sounds much more silent....

M107. Just keep a good sidearm on you.

The AS50 can go die in a hole. Used too much, duped too much.

M107 gets the job done, and you stay classy while doing it.

AS50 is better. You can use the NATO rounds for vehicles and then the M107 mag in it for people. Like people listed above, less recoil, quieter etc..

As far as audible distance, I really haven't seen where the AS50 any "quieter". Yes it's true that the sound effect sounds quieter (weenier) but from my experience you can still here the sound from the same distance. The audible range is the same. Don't let the sound effect fool you.

Actual firing range is the only statistical difference that I know of. I haven't used one enough to notice a difference in recoil etc.

I'm personally an M107 fan. All the way. Unless you're doing anti material, then the AS50 with NATO rounds are necessary. But outside of that, I prefer the M107. Pretty much for the image.

Because it's awesome.

And you're just as dead.

And everybody heard it.

I am a sniper.

• Like 1

Neither, both being proner boners for bandits :P

I'll stick with the M4 SD lucked in from an opportunist tent raid. Makes for a quiet dispatch of either walking steak or asshat alike.

Landed a 1244 meter head shot on a bandit runner with the M107 from Pik Kozlova theres my argument

So realistic! This must be the best sniper shot ever recorded. All this from a drunkard russian who wakes up on a beach.