Random_her0

Serious rise in Hackers over the past month?

So I had been away from the game for about a month before coming back to it this week. Am I just unlucky or has there been a huge rise in hacking over the last month?

For example: today I was teleported on no less than 3 occasions. Encountered 2 invulnerable terminators and saw 4 hacked weapons on corpses. My friend who I play with gave up after being killed for the 3rd time by a hacker. These events occurred on a number of different high-population servers.

I'm currently playing on US servers as I'm travelling and these give me better latency. Normally at home I play on Asia-Pacific servers so perhaps it's been an issue for those of you in the US all along, but I can't imagine to this extent.

Anyone else noticed a rise in hacking lately?

Hackers?

*Looks to see carnage in Elektro*

Haven't even noticed...

• Like 1

Hackers target high pop servers. Common sense would tell you if you want to avoid them stay on low pop servers..

I moved to a private/whitelisted hive so I don't have to deal with these issues.

Hackers target high pop servers. Common sense would tell you if you want to avoid them stay on low pop servers..

I got Insta-killed on a server with four people on it once. 4 people!!

Bad luck i know, but 4 people!!

4 people!

4...(Teleported to Thunderdome)

I moved to a private/whitelisted hive so I don't have to deal with these issues.

I have every intention of doing so when I get home. Do you have strict latency restrictions on your hive? I'm based in Thailand so the latency to Aus is "ok". And probably my best bet for finding a hive in a similar time zone.

Indeed it would, but I find without the risk of bumping into players the game is missing a huge aspect to it. I do love the fear forcing me to play carefully.

Actually i havent been teleported once.. in a couple of days, but ive seen plenty of hacked weapons, both in tents and on dead wookies.

I suggest you carry on, preferably on a private hive with some form of extra hax protection and very active admins!

At the beginning of this month I must say I was mostly very annoyed by the destructiveness of hacking. Teleporting vehicles to one spot and throwing some of them into the sea. That is something that requires a server restart and even with an hourly backup people that played in that timeframe will loose stuff. Or even worse I see it too late and events overlap. There was a time were I IP banned players, used 1-2 hours per night just making sure I get rid of them. But in the end, you are always on the short stick. It has gotten a lot better in recent weeks tough.

I havent noticed, because i am playing since two months on a private hve server..^^

last two months have been stupid on australian and new zealand servers.

Since the battleye update, I have only seen one in alot of play time.

Mind you it was funny, spawning a full size battle ship and driving it through electro after my fresh spawn was quiet a sight to see

Id say go to private hive.

Either Password or Whitelist.

It seems to be the only place to get a good gaming experience theese dayz ;)

Your more then welcome in our community.

Apparently the big issue right now is with DayZ Navigator. They can see the location of every player, tent and vehicle on the map in nearly real time and it apparently isn't detected by BattleEye.

At this rate I'm about done with public hives.

I got Insta-killed on a server with four people on it once. 4 people!!

Bad luck i know, but 4 people!!

4 people!

4...(Teleported to Thunderdome)

I can beat that, I joined a server with 1 other player, he teleported me into the ocean....

Seems to be a dice roll for me. I might not see any for a week, then I see 3 in one day. Seems pretty random to me from my limited point of view.