ryahn

SurviveDayZ Mod - More Difficult & Extensive DayZ | v1.2

Next update will bring great things guys... get exicted

*gets excited*

EDIT: bF2Od.gif

Edited by Pwnoz0r

Next update will bring great things guys... get exicted

Drop us a clue! Will there be beer and potato chips in game? :lol:

Some of our staff were in Hurricane Sandy (including me) and will be running on limited staff. I believe Stapo is on vacation for a week or two and this means there may be some delay in the updates.

Few more suggestions:

1. One of my BIGGEST peeves in Day Z since the beginning of time is how common your character bleeds. It seems the chance per hit is like 50%, give or take (not really sure if true, but seems like it). I'd seriously suggest dropping the bleeding chance, and as a counter of it, buff the zombie damage (something you planned to do anyways).

2. I'd halve the spawn rate of makarov magazines. They have always been far, far too common. They seem practically unlimited, and once I have a makarov, I never have needed to use another gun against zombies

3. More vehicles would be awesome, although it isn't that important. I played on a server with 600+ vehicles and it was just...awesome looking. Maybe not that many, but yeah.

4. Integrate 1.7.3 as soon as you can. Those insta-zombie deaths are a really nice breath of fresh air, along with the new combat timer mechanism

Edited by Powell

4. Integrate 1.7.3 as soon as you can. Those insta-zombie deaths are a really nice breath of fresh air, along with the new combat timer mechanism

This definitely. Hopefully before I play tonight ;)

Ofcourse i will intergrate 1.7.3 as im part of the Community Dev Team that developed it :D

More suggestions inbound:

1. Not sure how the mechanic works completely on this, but I would make it so canned food does not fill your hunger completely. Instead, it should fill it up 1/2 or so (can't hoard so much food, makes cooked meat more valuable)

2. Make sound on roads less, like one "bar" less. Roads are very loud for some reason, and they really shouldn't be. Not too important.

3. reduce the spawn rate of lee enfield mags slightly. They are slightly too common (almost in every barn).

Also, any ETA on the next update, or a changelog? Really wanna see the upgrades.

Edited by Powell

More suggestions inbound: 1. Not sure how the mechanic works completely on this, but I would make it so canned food does not fill your hunger completely. Instead, it should fill it up 1/2 or so (can't hoard so much food, makes cooked meat more valuable) 2. Make sound on roads less, like one "bar" less. Roads are very loud for some reason, and they really shouldn't be. Not too important. 3. reduce the spawn rate of lee enfield mags slightly. They are slightly too common (almost in every barn). Also, any ETA on the next update, or a changelog? Really wanna see the upgrades.

I like all of these suggestions, other than the roads thing. The roads are quiet loud and punishing during the day, however at night they're one of the few things keeping zombies relevant to the game.

Yeah survivedayz is in need of a new patch along with the patch from dayz. I feel behind everyone else in getting to test\play the new content. Especially those insta-zombie death animations. Excited to see it all come together.

BTW, the server has had some hard de-sync issues and it's become near game-breaking. Especially in PVP, because the sync is causing two models of one player out in the game world.

Currently we having issues with St Louis 1 and 2 giving out the wrong server side error. Which I am trying to fix. The mod update will have to wait till either stapo or alby get a chance to update it.

I think the best changes that could happen to the mod would be to make it harder.

Regarding my previous requests (canned food fills hunger only 1/2, makarov ammo spawn rate halved or more, lee enfield ammo spawn rate reduced), I'd like to add a few more things:

1. Reduce spawn rate of all .45 ammo, including revolver/m1911 rounds. Maybe not half, but somewhere like that.

2. Reduce spawn rate of flares slightly (pretty useless, and each stack comes with more than you'll ever need)

3. Reduce soda spawn rate in barns. Like, really?

4. Not sure how this would happen, but could the attack range/speed of zombies be reduced? I hate trying to melee zombies because they hit from the same/further distance with their fists that I do with an axe. And the speed is just annoying, they can get 3-4 hits in during the span I can get 1 in. And with the lack of insta-death currently, they can keep hitting for a bit after that. I feel this would be very, very nice.

I dont know...some/all of these updates could greatly improve SurviveDayZ, in my opinion. Sidearm ammo should be much rarer, forcing people to use things such as assault rifles/melee weapons to fight zombies. With more assault rifle rounds used on zombies, it also indirectly makes that ammo all the more rarer. The dominating handguns in the game are the .45's and the makarov, because the ammo is everywhere. The normal M9 is practically useless because the ammo is rare (as it should be).

Sidearms should be used when you absolutely can't spare your 5.56 rounds, or you are completely out, NOT because you know that you can easily replace any ammo you use on the next house over.

Please consider. (I'm just pumping out the suggestions, aren't I?)

EDIT: I'm getting kicked for certain base creations, specifically the camo netting. Got kicked by BE and when I came back, my materials were gone and the net was not there.

Edited by Powell

@ Powell now this is a list I could get behind. I wouldn't mind we made SDAYZ much much much harder. It's still fairly easy once you get acclimated to it.

It's still fairly easy once you get acclimated to it.

what is? I must be missing something. But yeah, it should be tougher.

Wood piles should be removed in my opinion...and making food rarer puts more focus on hunting. Its a great idea to have canned goods only replace a fraction of your hunger level.

what is? I must be missing something. But yeah, it should be tougher.

The mod. While your first times dealing with the changes can be a burden once acclimated to the changes it's very easy.

Edited by -SDZ- Lobo

For those who are new, you must read the rules in announcement section of the forum. Failure to do so, may get you banned with any hacked in items that you may have picked up.

Wondering why the mod went out so abruptly? Is the mod still alive? Maybe things are under construction\ renovation?