ryahn

SurviveDayZ Mod - More Difficult & Extensive DayZ | v1.2

Seems more and more awesome with the new stuff. Will play more today when you release the new version so I actually have the chance to get some stuff.

you should get 1.04 for now as ive decided to add a few more things before i release 1.05

Any chance of EU server? As I love how it plays atm but the lag is to much for me, I would happily donate for one and I have friends who would do the same.

Any chance of EU server? As I love how it plays atm but the lag is to much for me, I would happily donate for one and I have friends who would do the same.

We have plans to.

We have plans to.

Amazing. :)

Tried this out last night and loved it!

• Like 1

Amazing. :)

Tried this out last night and loved it!

Good to hear. v1.05 just got released

It took me like an hour to download v1.04 last night, lol. u,u

I guess the server will have been updated by the time I get home from work later then?

Any timescale on the EU server? I think that would be my home until standalone, lol... xD

Just signed up on forum whitelist, waiting for pm! Can't wait, but one secptical thought... whats the performance like with x4 zombies and spawning at 1000m?

Edited by Trizzo

Just signed up on forum whitelist, waiting for pm! Can't wait, but one secptical thought... whats the performance like with x4 zombies and spawning at 1000m?

I played last night and it was quite bad, unfortunately. I had to reconnect to despawn zombies a couple of times (sorry! :o) because I was getting <10 FPS and could barely see, nevermind play, when I normally get 30-60 FPS. Part of the new update (released today) reduces the number of zombies by 10% and the spawn distance to something like 500m, so it should be a lot better. :)

Downloading the update now (at 750kbp/s, was stuck on 30kbp/s on the last one for some reason, LOL u,u).

It took me like an hour to download v1.04 last night, lol. u,u

I guess the server will have been updated by the time I get home from work later then?

Any timescale on the EU server? I think that would be my home until standalone, lol... xD

Not yet. We have lined up a deal with a possible server hosting company to get a better main dedicated and a EU. Its still in the talks

It has been pretty bad at times. We we are working on finding the right number.

I played last night and it was quite bad, unfortunately. I had to reconnect to despawn zombies a couple of times (sorry! :o) because I was getting <10 FPS and could barely see, nevermind play, when I normally get 30-60 FPS. Part of the new update (released today) reduces the number of zombies by 10% and the spawn distance to something like 500m, so it should be a lot better. :)

Downloading the update now (at 750kbp/s, was stuck on 30kbp/s on the last one for some reason, LOL u,u).

You are correct about the zombies and lag. I dont know why it would download so slow but I can look into it

I was playing last night and noticed cooperation was up when faced with more zombies. I had three people fighting with me in a church when it was getting swarmed and we had no clue of whom one another was.

One big suggestion though- since there are SO much more zombies, please lower their detection WAY down. It's impossible to loot without having to run or get trapped. If detection comes down, you'll only have yourself to blame if they get you. At least decrease detection to the old dayZ levels before they were hiked.

I was playing last night and noticed cooperation was up when faced with more zombies. I had three people fighting with me in a church when it was getting swarmed and we had no clue of whom one another was.

One big suggestion though- since there are SO much more zombies, please lower their detection WAY down. It's impossible to loot without having to run or get trapped. If detection comes down, you'll only have yourself to blame if they get you. At least decrease detection to the old dayZ levels before they were hiked.

Thanks for the feedback. I will put this in the notes for the coder

Thanks for the feedback. I will put this in the notes for the coder

No problem. This might decrease lag too since the zombies are not performing so many intensive tasks to catch the player?

Maybe if they are dumbed down it would increase performance but that's just a wild guess. I am in no way a coder so...

Looking forward to testing your new patch.

still unable to play :(

Yes posted on the sites forum too.

Been trying to find out what causes the "...files not signed by a key" error, no luck so far

Managed to get on for a good few hours today and test it out properly...

Have to say - the mod itself is great. Really takes me back to when I first started playing DayZ. Actually fearing zombies, hard to find decent loot and there's a good mix of friendlies and bandits. The street lights look epic at night and the clothing options are badass. Got myself some biker's clothing. xD

I just wish it performed a bit better... I dropped all my settings from a high/very high mix down to everything on normal and I still get 20 FPS when there are loads of zombies around. :(

Managed to get on for a good few hours today and test it out properly...

Have to say - the mod itself is great. Really takes me back to when I first started playing DayZ. Actually fearing zombies, hard to find decent loot and there's a good mix of friendlies and bandits. The street lights look epic at night and the clothing options are badass. Got myself some biker's clothing. xD

I just wish it performed a bit better... I dropped all my settings from a high/very high mix down to everything on normal and I still get 20 FPS when there are loads of zombies around. :(

Yea i think that is the limitation of the arma 2 engine. It just wasnt made for having all those characters on screen at the same time

Lag was perfect this time around (today on 1.5a). It felt like normal dayZ when I was wondering around the northern parts of the map. Not sure how it is in the big cities, but I had no problems at all navigating zino with the hordes wandering by.

I think it might be the perfect number now. But that's just my feedback.

LOL someone with the same profile pic as me, who'd of thought

LOL someone with the same profile pic as me, who'd of thought

I always wondered where it came from.

Also the lag is still an issue and we are still tweaking it

I love the idea of a scary and harder DayZ. Maybe throw in some "strong" zombies that have more life and damage. Recognizable by size/clothing? Kinda like how plants vs zombies had football zombies :P I think the game would be terrifying knowing there's a few badass's around that don't mess around and can take a clip to the chops! Would also give incentive to team up to take them down.

I love the idea of a scary and harder DayZ. Maybe throw in some "strong" zombies that have more life and damage. Recognizable by size/clothing? Kinda like how plants vs zombies had football zombies :P I think the game would be terrifying knowing there's a few badass's around that don't mess around and can take a clip to the chops! Would also give incentive to team up to take them down.

[Guy1]is that someone in the supermarket?

[Guy2] ill go check it out...

Nek Minute - Guy2 Was Killed

*Guy1 Goes to Supermarket*

[Guy1] HOLY MOTHER OF F***! THAT THING IS HUGE!

Zombies farmers can use axes or agricultural tools to cause more damage to players, they supposedly still carry these tools due to some remnant memory of his life using them.

They can walk by dragging these tools and making a scary sound :o

Edited by vacalouca

Finally able to get on.

Man the amount of zombies that spawn around you is intense. I had a train of a good 30 zombies on me. Ran past one town and in the field next to it saw about 15 just roaming around.

On one note, way to dark. At the point I can't even see my character in 3rd person. Full moon is a must I think.

Edited by Del

Finally able to get on.

Man the amount of zombies that spawn around you is intense. I had a train of a good 30 zombies on me. Ran past one town and in the field next to it saw about 15 just roaming around.

On one note, way to dark. At the point I can't even see my character in 3rd person. Full moon is a must I think.

Moonless nights are dark you say?

geeiwonderwhy.jpg

The streetlights (and chemlights) are more than enough for night time at any moon phase.

• Like 1