Fireblast227

Bandit or Hero? What should I choose?

Hello everyone, I'm new to DayZ and heard about it through youtube. I've watched a few vids and come to a question that I need your help with.

Bandit or Hero?

I just want to know what would be easier and more fun for me and everyone! Thanks! :)

There is no right answer to the question, it's all a matter of whatever you decide you feel like doing. You don't necessarily need choose some specific plan and stick with it, just play the game how you feel you should and decide, at the moment of the event, what the best course of action is.

Some days you might feel like playing medic, others you might want to blow people's heads off for no good reason.

It's your game, play it any way you want.

If you get the hero skin you start off with a rocket launcher.

• Like 5

i usually play neutral ill shoot if shot at, and i help if someone needs it. and of course i have a shoot on sight policy for bandits!

• Like 1

There is no right answer to the question, it's all a matter of whatever you decide you feel like doing. You don't necessarily need choose some specific plan and stick with it, just play the game how you feel you should and decide, at the moment of the event, what the best course of action is.

Some days you might feel like playing medic, others you might want to blow people's heads off for no good reason.

It's your game, play it any way you want.

Well said, I just like to add on top that consider the risk and reward for each type of play-style, for example, being a heroes is very hard as people you try to help wold tend to shoot on sight, if you retaliate you might lose your hero skin as you lose humanity points(or your life), the rewards are they have bullet-proof vest that can stop 9mm such as the makarov and m9(not the 1911 or revolver), they run slightly faster than survivors and bandits.

Now let's consider bandits, everyone with weapons are going to try and kill you, and so no-one would help out if you are wounded, advantages are that they tend to gear up quicker as the survivors they're killing survivors that might have spend hours looting.

• Like 1

If you like a rewarding path, bullet proof vest, bad ass skin and a faster sprint then hero fo sho! Anyone can be a bandit! There are 0 threads concering "how do i become a bandit?". There are many funny fail threads asking "how do i become a hero from a bandit when my humanity is -150000?".

If you want to cooperate in a spontanous way with other survivors being a hero/netual is mandatory.

But if you think you will enjoy being a bullet magnet without any perks be a bandit.

Edited by Trizzo

If you get the hero skin you start off with a rocket launcher.

I'm pretty sure that was nerfed to an AKM. At least that's what the 1.7.6.4 patch notes said.

In my opinion you shouldent aim to get a specific look, that be bandit or hero. just play the game the way you want to and see where it leads. Thats what its all about.

play the game, try to survive as long u can... see where the road shall take u..

GL&HF

Edited by snowcrAsh42
  • Like 1

I started the game with the intention to shoot on sight, but I soon found that it didn't suite my playing style. I started being friendly to people, only shooting if they were aggressive to me and helping people out when I could then before I knew it i had a Hero skin. Some people are Bandits, some people are Heroes. Some people are caught in between. It all depends on how you play the game.

People react very differently to DayZ. Some people dislike killing other players, even if if means putting themselves at an increased risk. Others have no inihibitions and shoot whoever passes their sights. Some prioritize an almost pacefist playstyle, others focus on their own survival and then there's the natural born killers.

The great part about DayZ is however you play, you'll come across other players with similar or different motivations than your's. Whether you made the choice already or just decided to start playing, the players you meet might affect your motivation positively by helping you or negatively by killing you over and over.

Edited by Dallas

I've watched a few vids and come to a question that I need your help with.

My suggestion is to play more and then you'll know what to do. Stop watching the videos for a while because they are not always indicative of reality.

The 'easier' option by far is Bandit.

The harder (and IMO more rewarding) is Hero :)

It all depends on how u play its easy to be a bandit just make the game one big deathmatch

i like to be the hero but its not for everyone u need patience, determination and over all the ability to let go e.g of ur kit, if ur fustrated easily i certainly bandit is the way to go my friend

Quick question: Do you lose humanity for shooting and killing a bandit? Even if you shoot first?

You should play however you feel like playing that day. I like being a bandit some days, I like messing with folks another, and some days I just help people. I would recommend you explore all the facets of this game instead of trying to label yourself. Bacon is tastey.

If you become a bandit, i will blow your brains out with my FN FAL, enjoy playing!

Hello everyone, I'm new to DayZ and heard about it through youtube. I've watched a few vids and come to a question that I need your help with.

Bandit or Hero?

I just want to know what would be easier and more fun for me and everyone! Thanks! :)

Why do folks ask questions like this? How bout i tell you what flavor ice cream you like or what job you will enjoy best?

Edited by ShadowJack
  • Like 1