Sign in to follow this  
killzone_kid

Is it just me or Rocket wants DayZ to go in PvP direction?

Found this while looking in dayz code in achievments.txt

Virgin Slayer Kill 10 generation 1 survivors

Devil Incarnate Kill 50 survivors

The Hunter Gut 10 animals

Everybody's Hero Kill a zombie attacking an unconscious person

Sharpshooter Get 10 headshots in a row

Well Travelled Visit every town on the island

Really? That's just lame. If PvP happens and happens for a reason that's cool, but for trophies?

Anyway I have a trick up my sleave for my server. All bandidts will show up on the map for everyone to see. This way people who are not so keen on lame camper-sniper kiddies could avoid them and those who seek PvP could easily find each other.

Edited by Killzone_Kid
  • Like 1

EDIT:

I looked my self, it could be a joke put in for us rocket dislikes PvP in the game himself so no idea

Edited by LVG

So you accuse rocket of favoring one play style based on incomplete evidence and then announce how you will punish the opposite play style on your server through likely more illicit means.

Such hypocrisy.

• Like 5

Could you post some evidence of this, since when were there achivements

Evidence is in the dayz code. There is a file called achievments.txt. I suppose it is a draft.

So you accuse rocket of favoring one play style based on incomplete evidence and then announce how you will punish the opposite play style on your server through likely more illicit means.

Such hypocrisy.

Translation: Shaddap

Such hypocrisy.

It is evident that he is at least thinking about encouraging it, is it not enough?

sounds a bit silly to me, in the end it's a survival sim and at some point or another people will shoot other people, be it for resources or territory, Human nature is an evil thing

• Like 1

If I wanted to play solely PvP.. I would pick up games like Battlefield 3, CoD, GoW or Halo. There has to be more to this game than just, "Let's go kill players" Even if realistic.

• Like 4

Good find OP, let the speculation and fury begin!

These look reminiscent of Steam achievements, but there are so few that they are probably just a placeholder following a brainstorm.

This is got to be some evil joke he is playing. I could of swore he said achievements where not something he was considering. If so I think it is a lame mechanic, but just as with any game i play that has um... I'll continue to ignore them.

Maybe he is catering to the achievement whores so the extra $$$ he'll make off of them will fatten the pot for his next project?

This is got to be some evil joke he is playing. I could of swore he said achievements where not something he was considering. If so I think it is a lame mechanic, but just as with any game i play that has um... I'll continue to ignore them.

Maybe he is catering to the achievement whores so the extra $$$ he'll make off of them will fatten the pot for his next project?

Hopefully the next one has nothing to do with hackers.

Maybe he expects people to punish banditry themselves instead of having the hand of god swoop down and slap them. Most people though, unfortunately can't wrap there head around that. In game player administered punishment. The ultimate goal for any pvp enabled sandbox.

Edited by Gambles
  • Like 1

Found this while looking in dayz code in achievments.txt

Really? That's just lame. If PvP happens and happens for a reason that's cool, but for trophies?

Anyway I have a trick up my sleave for my server. All bandidts will show up on the map for everyone to see. This way people who are not so keen on lame camper-sniper kiddies could avoid them and those who seek PvP could easily find each other.

Not one person will play on that server. That is by far the worst addition to dayz you could possibly suggest.

• Like 1

The real question is how long has the achievements.txt been in the code? We sort of need more info to make an accurate judgement on this matter.

Go read the 'how hacking costs rocket money and why that doesn't matter' thread. That'll set you straight.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/93103-how-hacking-costs-rocket-bohemia-money-and-why-that-doesnt-matter-includes-reply-from-rocket/

Edited by SausageKingofChicago

It's been a while since we've had a full blown retarded post such as this. Welcome, sit down, have some cheesy nibbles. Enjoy your stay.

The real question is how long has the achievements.txt been in the code? We sort of need more info to make an accurate judgement on this matter.

Go read the 'how hacking costs rocket money and why that doesn't matter' thread. That'll set you straight.

http://dayzmod.com/f...ly-from-rocket/

Awe come on now King look in there i effing posted in it! *Sigh* I know it's the internet and I am not the best at typing the funny. Just like the world war Z video in the "what you'd like to see from warz thread", you just keep biting my ass. Can't we just be friends and hug?

I promise to nibble on your ear!

Edited by Pendragon
  • Like 1

Awe come on now King look in there i effing posted in it! *Sigh* I know it's the internet and I am not the best at typing the funny. Just like the world war Z video in the "what you'd like to see from warz thread", you just keep biting my ass. Can't we just be friends and hug?

Sounds like a good time.

they are probably just a placeholder following a brainstorm.

This rings true to my ears. I would assume that programmers would leave place holders whilst brainstorming a project.

Also, Rocket has already admitted that he is trying to destroy this mod as well as all those who play it, although I forget which topic that was in. Here is his quote: "...I'm doing it for the lulz :)"

Not sure what you're going on about but I LIKE IT!

(meh, I'm sure I misread something. It's been happening to me lately.. derping is habit forming)

• Like 1

Not sure what you're going on about but I LIKE IT!

(meh, I'm sure I misread something. It's been happening to me lately.. derping is habit forming)

Ah sorry man I too have been off my game here lately. (I blame Finland! Eyes a certain Finnish Mod. I kid my Finnis friend please don't hurt me!) Lets cuddle and tell each other we are pretty! Honestly King i usually agree with most of what you've posted. Let's go on now and never talk of these events again.

Ah sorry man I too have been off my game here lately. (I blame Finland! Eyes a certain Finnish Mod. I kid my Finnis friend please don't hurt me!) Lets cuddle and tell each other we are pretty! Honestly King i usually agree with most of what you've posted. Let's go on now and never talk of these events again.

Alright, you be Dusty Bottoms. I'll be Ned Nederlander.

• Like 1