mr_seacucumber

DayZ Breaking Point Mod : Now with new Lingor Map Integration!

your problems sound similar to what i expierienced.

If you get the outdated launcher problem you selected the wrong update server.

Stick to Alderon Games Network Server.

but this can be difficult because as soon the version chek finishes, the launcher closes.

But there is a small timeframe where you can switch the servers, just open the menu and keep clicking on the greyed out server until the end of the update check and for a split second you can select it.

when you start the launcher the next time, you should be on this update server.

Also i had to start the launcher several times until the lingor files started to download. One time it started but got stuck after 3 files. But after that it downloaded the whole thing.

Edited by qsek

and just wanted to report that on the lingor server i have problems with the general up and downloadrate while playing.

On normal servers i have 10-20 kb up/down rate, but on the lingor i have up to 40kb which gets on the edge on my 3mbit connection.

Got kicked 2 times from the server, i suppose because of ping since i had 300 to 400. I suppose becasue of those high rates.

There was 1 other player on the server, so its a bit unusual.

There is an options.dat file in @BreakingPoint inside your arrowhead folder if you delete this it will revert to the default update server which is the mirror that is always up to date.

The removal of the mod will be adjusted to checksum based updating instead.

All the problems will be resolved in updater 3.0.0.4 the current version is 3.0.0.3 which means you recieved a invalid version of the updater from a outdated server.

Update.rotda.com server isn't updated you should use server 1 instead.

Edited by Deathlyrage

At the top of the updater there is a option the change update server. In the drop down select the top option. Alderon Games Network Server.

I had to download the files twice, the first time I tried to verify the files but they weren't there so I downloaded them again and it worked

On a side note, any idea when the Chernarus server will be back up?

There is a new updater that I have just finished. (Version 3.0.0.4). thatguyjames has tested it, he downloaded lingor within an hour or less.

Currently working on the US main server now, it should be online today.

Also: Checksum updating is fully supported. Make sure to enable it when installing new versions of the mod, since It will only download the files that have changed unlike removing the whole folder + reinstalling.

Lingor files can now be verified correctly using File -> Verify -> @BreakingPointLingor.

Edited by Deathlyrage

Good to hear, will it be updated to 1.7.4.4 or still running 1.7.3?

There is nothing desirable that we wish to include in the hotfix as we are running a relatively STABLE version at this point in time unlike the mod which is having constant problems which we do need to include. Though we already have many things that have been already included in the mod it would just be a waste of time to attempt to integrate a possible addition which may or may not put us days back on our already rather hectic timeline.

We hope our community understands our decision and you get to check out our new edition of lingor island

Cheers

TGJ

Love it. First log in on the game. Spawn next to a crashed chopper. Hello DMR :)

Good to see you are enjoying it.

Remember to tell your friends and suggest any improvements here on the forums

Cheers

TGJ

Are you guys hosting Lingor or is another group?

I only ask because this morning I opened the launcher and it showed 1 person playing Lingor, but when I logged in but I was alone. After playing for probably 20 minutes (I'm guessing), right in the middle of looking at items in a medical tent I just fell over dead. I wasn't bleeding, , not low on blood, not hungry, not sick, nothing agro'd.

Just poof... dead. On the splash screen it showed myself and one other player, 3L3C7RO.

I exited the game and opened the launcher again and yep, it was still showing 1 other person on Lingor.

I do know there's a hack with will kill players / zeds when they're within a certain distance of the hacker, BUT, I'm not accusing anyone at this point. I do understand the mod is new and it could have been a bug.

I just wanted to bring it up in case someone wants to look in to it.

Are you guys hosting Lingor or is another group?

I only ask because this morning I opened the launcher and it showed 1 person playing Lingor, but when I logged in but I was alone. After playing for probably 20 minutes (I'm guessing), right in the middle of looking at items in a medical tent I just fell over dead. I wasn't bleeding, , not low on blood, not hungry, not sick, nothing agro'd.

Just poof... dead. On the splash screen it showed myself and one other player, 3L3C7RO.

I exited the game and opened the launcher again and yep, it was still showing 1 other person on Lingor.

I do know there's a hack with will kill players / zeds when they're within a certain distance of the hacker, BUT, I'm not accusing anyone at this point. I do understand the mod is new and it could have been a bug.

I just wanted to bring it up in case someone wants to look in to it.

Hey Bill,

Its RuskayaZaraza aka ZaraZa. The GIBROZ are hosting the Breaking point mod on our lingor server.Server is located on west coast California.

Just as an FYI, your launcher stills says that the US Server is currently under maintenance when it is actually up.

how is the dog taming supposed to work.

As i approach several dogs there is no wheel option anymore.

I even put cooked and raw meat in my inventory and i cant do anything.

Is this a bug or is there a secret? :D

And i thought side channel was enabled on the US server.

This would definitely help to contact other players on the server and talk about the mod and possibilities.

Also i would fancy the 3D Map marking (distance meter)

Edited by qsek

Yeah, the dogs don't work at all and I too miss the side chat.

Just to be clear, the text side chat, not the voice side chat.

Edited by maxnmike

Side chat will be re-enabled on the US Server however for other servers its up each server owner to configure them options.

Taming dogs is fixed in new battleye script restrictions that i will need to sync with all the servers.

Also attaching flashlight to shoulder like in old lingor is being added into both maps.

Finally got all the last bugs in the updater fixed. Releasing Version 3.0.0.9.

This Fixes:

-Needing to press download Lingor/Chernarus twice

-Lagg/delay when checking for updates

-Download freezing at certain files

-Checksum based updating is fully supported. (Everyone should turn it on in settings)

-Multible TeamSpeak/Mumble trackers, changes when you switch servers. US , Lingor Supported.

-Other Minor Bug FIxes and preformance improvements.

Now to start working on Breaking Point 2.2 :)

Side Chat is now enabled on the US Server. The lingor server admin has decided to try out 3rd Person to decide if he should enable it or not.

There is no remaining bugs in the updater, if you have a issue with it let me know.

Thank you for the side chat. I tried the Lingor server the other and that first person about drove me nuts. Trying to use the flashlight at night inside in first person sucks really bad. It probably wouldn't be so bad if the flashlights weren't so damned buggy inside.

To Maxnmike

We do not have admin on the lingor server at this point in time as we have given the files to G.I.BROZ clan.

Though we can still give server surgestions and advice from the community to them.

As with the lighting problems woth the torches this is a problem caused by the particle system which was created on the arma engine and unfortunatly we do not have the time or the main power to complety redev it although we all would love to.

As with first person to the best of my knowledge the admins choose to go with it to increase the difficulty and also immersion. Though as fellow players we do understand the immersion breaking moments such as lighting and other small bugs and we wish to at least atempt to try and fix them in the future.

To devilsnight,

Yes it rather coming along nicely and to see more people on the server as with everyone we ask you to spread the word and to invite all your friends and we are sure to male the community grow.

To everyone else who has read this far please excuse my spelling and grammer as I am on my phone and for god sake save me from this 21st Birthday "party"

*sight*

Cheers

Thatguystuckatthecrapparty

with first person to the best of my knowledge the admins choose to go with it to increase the difficulty and also immersion.

I've been enjoying first person, for the most part. Even on the servers with third person on. I've turned my fov up to 90 and set my head bob to roughly 1/3. The head bob really adds to the immersion, thought it did take a bit to get use to. I actually started getting motion sick the first few times using it.

The only drawbacks are, like Maxnmike mentioned, when in some buildings at night and you're trying to use a flashlight. Anymore I just toss out a road flare outside the building as that will light up the area... but of course that also gives away your position.

Also, atleast for me, using first person when driving offroad gets to be pretty rough. My eye's go nuts when driving fast with all that bouncing around. So when I'm driving I will use third.

All-in-all I'm enjoying the mod. You guys are doing a great job.

*edit

Oh, forgot to add... hey James, Happy Birthday.

Edited by OFC_Bill

Yay, yet another custom DayZ mod that has 1:1 stolen entire chunks of code and entire .sqf files from DayZ Redux without providing any such credit to me let alone asking for permission to do so.

Why is this becoming so frighteningly routine?

I've only checked the "set tents on fire" and "flip vehicle" code so far and they're 1:1 entire .sqf script rips from DayZ Redux. Line for line, including my own code comments. I bet if I continue looking I'll find even more code rips.

Why do people continue to do this? Sweet jesus. I have no problems with people taking from my ideas and implementing the same end result. But, please code the stuff yourself from scratch and don't just 1:1 rip my entire code base. It's insulting and downright quite a dick move.

I'm beginning to think there are very very few custom coded DayZ mods around. They all seem to be mere rips of Stapo (from SuriveDayZ, now DayZ+) or my code with the only unique factor being that they customize the loot arrays and unban vehicles/weapons, something that requires no understanding of ARMA2 scripting.

Stop... stealing... code. Ask and give credit. Or, just code it from scratch yourself and no one will be bothered.

• Like 1

Yay, yet another custom DayZ mod that has 1:1 stolen entire chunks of code and entire .sqf files from DayZ Redux without providing any such credit to me let alone asking for permission to do so.

Why is this becoming so frighteningly routine?

I've only checked the "set tents on fire" and "flip vehicle" code so far and they're 1:1 entire .sqf script rips from DayZ Redux. Line for line, including my own code comments. I bet if I continue looking I'll find even more code rips.

Why do people continue to do this? Sweet jesus. I have no problems with people taking from my ideas and implementing the same end result. But, please code the stuff yourself from scratch and don't just 1:1 rip my entire code base. It's insulting and downright quite a dick move.

I'm beginning to think there are very very few custom coded DayZ mods around. They all seem to be mere rips of Stapo (from SuriveDayZ, now DayZ+) or my code with the only unique factor being that they customize the loot arrays and unban vehicles/weapons, something that requires no understanding of ARMA2 scripting.

Stop... stealing... code. Ask and give credit. Or, just code it from scratch yourself and no one will be bothered.

Honestly, people want the results and polished product without having to work.

Don't even call yourself a "Developer" if you're going to rip code. You're a theif, nothing else. You want the credit and praise for something that you copy and pasted from someone else. If I was knew to your community and knew that you copied code and ripped files from another person, I wouldn't play your mod. Do your own work, use your own coding to get the results you want.

My question to all of you "Developers" who do this is, do you not know how to code? Are incapable of doing some work for YOUR OWN "custom mod"? You ripped Venthos off and were too lazy to even cover up that you did so! That's the hilarious part. You don't have a "custom mod", you simply took and duped all of Venthos' work, put a new name on it, and called it your own. I hope everyone that is thinking of joining your community will stop and read about how hard you worked to put your "custom mod" together.