rocket

Private Hive DayZmod Integration Project

Pwnoz0r is more stable than Bliss

+1 Pwnoz0r

I think Anti-Rocket's is probably the closest to the real thing. That being said ...

All of them are hacks that had to fill in alot of missing information from scratch.

Why don't you just release the "official" server package and the source code to the hive.dll so it can be customized to connect to any database?

Or modify it yourself to connect to a local MySQL.

That way it's not just close to the real thing, it is the real thing. And 100% compatible with future updates.

+1

I would also like to be able to interfere in the file hiveext.dll to manually configure database names and port numbers MySQL server

Edited by SeyBee

I need to go trademark uber synergy™ before rocket does...

Good idea, go TM it, then sell all Uber Synergy™ rights to him. "PROFIT"

so what's going on with this. did you guys manage to calculate the vectors and get the positron collider to converge the particle beams into an energon cube?

Edited by daze23

so what's going on with this. did you guys manage to calculate the vectors and get the positron collider to converge the particle beams into an energon cube?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Edited by smasht_AU

+1 for Pwnoz0r, thou looking into Bliss

**High five** for organizing some co-ordination, was kinda wondering how you would react to the private hives and embrasesing it is the best news anyone could've wished for :) thank you

It would be even better to have a private hive version of DayZ Standalone as soon as it comes out :D

It would be even better to have a private hive version of DayZ Standalone as soon as it comes out :D

If it doesn't happen officially, we will make sure it happens unofficially, again. ;)

Edited by Pwnoz0r
  • Like 1

If it doesn't happen officially, we will make sure it happens unofficially, again. ;)

Gonna assume it's going to be a bit harder though, you know? Since DayZ is a Mod currently, it means the files are easily updated, including the server files, considering dayz_server.pbo.

Gonna assume it's going to be a bit harder though, you know? Since DayZ is a Mod currently, it means the files are easily updated, including the server files, considering dayz_server.pbo.

There is always a way. Skyrim is an example. It was a big failure/win on the developer(s) part for designing MP. We'll see the outcome. I am sure that Rocket will release server files, or I am hoping. Private servers are the key to success at the moment.

EDIT: 10-15 minute load times are not fun either.

Edited by Pwnoz0r

Which hive is accounting for the ability to cluster?

For example, the official "hive" is a central database server that all public servers link up to in order to store data.

I have been using Saintly config on our private server. Out of the box, it is designed to handle a single server linking up to it to store data. Now of course, in theory, we can point other servers to that single database for use. But how does it handle reads/writes from multiple sources concurrently? Does it make each connection attempt wait in line, as we've seen in the offical public configuration?

I say cluster because neither the official or privates that I've seen and worked with makes use of a cluster environment.

My thoughts are to not have a central cluster of database servers that all game servers point to with a dedicated box to direct the traffic efficiently to each individual db server.

But rather to make use of all the private boxes out there clustering with each other over "the cloud". That's a fancy way of saying p2p, or over the internet. Don't let it fool you and get you all giddy with excitement over buzzwords.

I have NOT achieved this and do not have all the knowledge and skills to do it. But I see this solution solving many problems from performance, to security, to features (ie. persistence between private servers).

Bandwith being the only real concern here, but nowadays most hosts are fast enough for this and in/out data limits are not so low to keep an eye on them, while most are unlimited.

What do I have to contribute? a vision, facilitation skills, big picture understanding

What do I need to fabricate a contribution? a development team, resources, and more than 24 hours in a single day

@rocket and dayz dev team - where do we stand with this "Project"?

+1 for Bliss.

After searching for a private hive I eventually found Bliss some Months ago and it's the hive your searching for. Almost everything can be manually altered before repacking the server.pbo - I'm using Bliss to offer a RPG-based DayZ with Quests and alike and the only thing I have to do is add my stuff into the description.ext/mission.sqm, repack it and I'm ready to go - no one needs to download any altered dayz-core pbo's like the rMod and everything is working smoothly.

When having questions I just go to their irc-channel and ayan4m1 or any other bliss dev is there to answer them - even the non-dev's are answering questions :)

Bliss is great, you get full control. I tried some of the other "all done packages" but the customization is pretty bad. Bliss you can basically do whatever you want, the only downside is that it's a bit harder to set up.

Edited by xtri90

+1 for Bliss here as well. We have been running it for months and are very pleased of the control we have over the server operation and database

Locking this since this project is well under way already.

A main hiveext is decided , community developers are apart of this as well.