rocket

Private Hive DayZmod Integration Project

I bet you the plan is for the Dev teams to officially take a look at what the private community has developed to see not only which private hive best fits the makeup of the public hive, but ALSO to see if the private hives have done anything better (which I am sure they have) then the old hive.

Just because the private hives are essentially hacks of the public one doesn't mean that the public hive DB runs things the best way.

Well spoken hehe.

It can only be a good thing.

This means, development will speed up, coz more people from the community can "help develop" the mod.

More people should be able to speed up the process of "bug-smashing" and future features.

This also means more coztumization. As none of the private hives are the same, the "choosen" setup will have to very flexible.

If not, many private admins will most likely feel like theyre powers were taken from em, as if they were back at the official hive servers.

If played right, this could turn out to be the best thing that has happened to DayZ in a long time :D

What we need is a pro-active synergy of customer facing paradigms meshing with our value-added blue sky core competencies which will leverage a result-driven strategic fit that will empower our bottom line.

Oh.. Sorry.

Whaaaaaa.......... Layman terms if you will.

• Like 1

Our over-arching goal is to holistically leverage upon the C2C concept by collaboratively incentivizing actionable deliverables to create a paradigm-shift in cross-cutting vertical integration.

Might be too early for me.... Say WUT!!! :)

I truly love dayz and have been playing it for far to many hours for some time however it seems to me a normal player that the Hive idea is flawed at the most basest level and personally I would like to see some of you smart guys fix this before worrying about other stuff. What I'm talking about is ghosting or the ability of enabling people to simply log off one server while in combat switch to another move across the map to a better position then switch back and shoot there previous combatant in the back of the head. While this is possible I and many others choose to use private servers

Yes I know this isn't exactly what this thread is about...

I truly love dayz and have been playing it for far to many hours for some time however it seems to me a normal player that the Hive idea is flawed at the most basest level and personally I would like to see some of you smart guys fix this before worrying about other stuff. What I'm talking about is ghosting or the ability of enabling people to simply log off one server while in combat switch to another move across the map to a better position then switch back and shoot there previous combatant in the back of the head. While this is possible I and many others choose to use private servers

Yes I know this isn't exactly what this thread is about...

But this is exactly what is gonna be possible, when the devs and the private hive devs start working togther :)

things will get fixed faster and updates can be rolled out faster aswell.

all while Rocket works on the standalone and makes it perfect. ;)

well, perhaps he will have a finger in the mod hehe

Edited by Byrgesen

Awsome.

Now need is a super synergy for additional mods.

Private hives can develope and share new content for DayZ.

Edited by caseymc

Our over-arching goal is to holistically leverage upon the C2C concept by collaboratively incentivizing actionable deliverables to create a paradigm-shift in cross-cutting vertical integration.

Yea but will it run crysis?

+1 for Bliss

+1 for Bliss. I am using Control Center right now (dayzcc.com), and that developer loves Bliss as well. So +2

Great news!

Looking forward to see what develops out of this project for DayZ.

I have only toyed with Guru Abdul's and antirockets's DataBases. antirocket's DB seems to more closely resemble what is needed for a DayZ DB, but from what I read Bliss is based off of antirocket's DB, and houses some improved features over antirocket's.

tl;dr if you have a private hive PM matt lightfoot and prepare to duel

And prepare to duel . That made my day haha

From memory I think anti-rocket is pretty solid, but I think some of the recent ones are really great too. We'll release some info to better help the design (some schema additions are happening to support dogs), so this should help a great deal.

• Like 3

THIS is the type of open communication channel I was inquiring about. Kudos rocket and team!

PS. rocket I have my discussion material almost ready to send to you. you may find it refreshing as per your comments from the previous post about some of the challenges you have faced. i hope matt lightfoot got you my first message, and i will send him to forward to you my material TONIGHT!

You could release all of the necessary hive information via a server license if you were paranoid about losing TEH FILEZ. Would also allow you to screen server admins/clans etc for people that are looking to cause dramas.

From memory I think anti-rocket is pretty solid, but I think some of the recent ones are really great too. We'll release some info to better help the design (some schema additions are happening to support dogs), so this should help a great deal.

Anti-Rocket isnt working on it anymore, it has gone over to Pwnzor insted now, and he has created a newpackage based on Anti-Rockets.

Theres pretty much two kinds of DB, private hive uses. XXAMP and MySQL.

Most of the "easy server install" uses XXAMP. Only know Bliss who uses MySQL.

As far as i know and also tryed, MySQL is a much much more stabil DB then XXAMP, but the XXAMP packages is very easy to install and run. MySQL requires abit more knowledge :)

Theres alot of different XXAMP Server packages on the tunngle forums, where it all started pretty much :)

Edited by Byrgesen

Glad to hear the news! This is going to take a lot of stress out of running private hives over what version or 'branch' we should use.

Personally by the way the public hive is managed. I will not look forward this. I personally would keep my own hive and manage it

When will this all be set into place not much longer I presume, is Private hive going to be more of what we will be seeing, or just until things stabilize?