Epidemic survivor

How did it all start? (The Dayz Infection)

I started this thread to hear peoples ideas or story's on how the dayz infection started. so please if you have something even just a few sentence's post it!

Here is my idea of how the infection might have started.

Top secret, Eye's only....

/////...

LOCATION: Green mountain, Communications and Research facility.

SUBJECT: (4) STATUS: Infected.

DATE: January,18, 2012

MESSAGE//:January 20th Subject (4) is to be secured and prepared for transport from green mountain to a more secure facility which will be unknown to anyone until the beginning of subject (4)'s departure. Use all precautions, source of infection is still unknown and subject must be contained at all costs and failing that, subject must be eliminated....

END MESSAGE//.

Transport.....

/////...

SUBJECT: Failed Transport.

DATE: January,20, 2012

MESSAGE//: Transport of subject (4) was supposed to be today however we have failed in that task, at 0900 hours we began securing the patient the security team in charge was able to move the patient out of the building. As they where loading the patient into truck it broke it's restraints and attacked the team. Out of the eight men in the team 4 where bit in multiple places, and two of the team have severe scratch marks on their arms and face. They are now recovering in the medical unit inside green mountain. Patient had to be eliminated and disposed of....

END MESSAGE//:

SOS....

/////...

​SIT REP: Overrun

DATE: January,23,2012

MESSAGE//: Green mountain facility has been overrun, all military personnel evacuate facility. Containment failed, infection has spread. to anyone listening out there good luck....

END MESSAGE//:

Thanks for reading! if you like this please share some beans!

• Like 3

Rabies and Toxoplasma cross mutated and became the current "infection" what don't believe me? You'll see unbelievers!

It was a kitty cat!

Edited by Pendragon

you could always go off the idea that has been common, a supposed "cure" has come out for a certain disease/cancer and has been known to treat it by killing off the bad cells when it goes bad and kills all cells besides basic instincts in the brain and basic body function which would result in the crawlers/hoppers/fucked up zombies that can barely walk or do it awkwardly, and if you don't want to blame it on the scientists bringing out an experimental drug gone bad, it could always be a natural cause that does the same affect as above, maybe some kind of disease that spread from animal to human that caused us to just resort to basic survival instinct

Green mountain is a radio tower though?

That is a classic cover.

Underneath will be a labyrinth of research and military facilities. Notice the military zombies that spawn - why would they be found at a 'mere' radio tower for Polka FM?

The truth is out there.

• Like 1

I know this doesn't explain a lot of how it started, but I really like this story and am planning to make a video based on this using arma 3, so I figured that this old dude was up visiting relatives in Russia and he picked up what he thought was the flu, we all know he is probably pacient zero, and he gets to his home in new fields ( as of update .60) and his illness gets worse so his wife, think of and old Russian grandmother, calls the doctor who attempts to help him but an hour after he gets there the patient dies of a violent seizure and 15 minute later while the doctor is trying to figure out what had caused this seizure he sees a twitch in his hand, I figured this would look a lot like the scene from wwz, and of course the doc gets bit and calls a cop there's a struggle to contain patient zero and two cops are also bit and so on and so on until most of the country is infected and the military was mobilized to late and make their last stand in that military base where microbiologists attempt to create a vaccine from patient zero who they found trapped in a police cell in novaya petrovka. But of course the camp was over run and a few soldiers and civilians escape with cars and helis the helis go down off the coast and the cars crash or run out of gas. And these crashes are at the DAYZ spawn sites. Da end tell me what you think about it and wether or not it's worth it to make a video.