Sign in to follow this  
herobrine

Rain Collection!

If you could collect water from rain, for example you would have to find a special device to do it and then wet it on top of the hospital roof and wait a while while its raining for water to collect!! Not veryyyy practical, but that would be awesome!

• Like 7

Seems like a reasonable idea. Set up a few empty cans at your camp and after about an hour or so of rain you got yourself a nice bottle of water.

Another Suggestion: Infected Wildlife?!?! maybe then it would make going into forests etc. more dangerous and you woudnt take it for granted.

i thought about this too. Like you find a funnel and can fill your canteen up when it rains.

• Like 1

I thought this thread wa going to be about different types of rain.

Light drizzle with fog

Showers

Heavy rain

Torrential downpour

Noah's Flood Mk 2

• Like 1

Also being able to make fire with various other tools (jerry can + wood + sniper scope? exposed battery? exposed car engine part? watch those survival shows, possibilities are literally endless.

Certain things you need to remember, There gets a point where you add too much realism that it becomes too easy of a game.

Yes you can collect rain water, But by adding it as a game mechanic (which i wont lie would be nice) would mean that players wont have to find watering holes/ponds/wells, they can pretty much refill their cans anywhere on the map, so long as it rains. Which then makes survival too easy.

Its the same for fire/food/and other survival aspects.

Edited by SheriffHD

Certain things you need to remember, There gets a point where you add too much realism that it becomes too easy of a game.

Yes you can collect rain water, But by adding it as a game mechanic (which i wont lie would be nice) would mean that players wont have to find watering holes/ponds/wells, they can pretty much refill their cans anywhere on the map, so long as it rains. Which then makes survival too easy.

Its the same for fire/food/and other survival aspects.

Not if the process takes time. Right now a lot of the activities are instant (like cooking and gutting animals) which should be changed. If you have to set up different objects and wait for the "process" to finish it could be a very rewarding system for careful and planning players. Set up, dick around, go back and collect.

• Like 3

I really think if you could find a funnel and attach it to a water bottle and deploy it like a stove or lamp that would be great. You could set a lot of them out during rain and they could fill up over time if it was raining. This way when hunting is implemented, if you wanted you could stay out of the cities and survive off rain water, streams/lakes and hunting animals.

Maybe you could add some water-collection-thingy to your base when all this stuff makes it into the game. You should be able to dig a well so you can get water at your base 24/7 but as digging a well isnt that easy you could build a small rain collector which needs some time to fill up. Like a low-tier well. :P

Disinfected Raincoat + Sticks + Empty can of beans = Rain catcher. Unless a 0% can of beans is a temporary feature. Cooking pot could work too.